General News about King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She just won't shut up, and now she has competition for a Spanish celebrity that is talking about her adventures with the King a few decades back. Corinna and the Spanish celebrity one don't even consider the one being embarrassed is the Queen who is in residing Spain.

I'm pretty sure Sofia went beyond being embarrassed by anything or anyone JC did a long, long time ago, and has separated herself so much emotionally that he no longer has the power to upset her anymore.

She'll probably be sad when he dies. But other than that, I don't think he (or any news or gossip about him) affects her too much.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard about an upcoming HBO Max series about Queen Sofia? I read a translated story about it, but I think it may have been garbled, because it seemed to say she was going to participate in it. (Can't imagine that's true.)

Queen Sofía celebrated her 85th birthday with a lunch at the Zarzuela Palace where her three children and some of her grandchildren gathered.

King Felipe VI, Infanta Elena, Infanta Cristina and some grandchildren are present. It is not known whether more family members will also be present.
There are photos of some arrivals at the Zarzuela Palace.

King Simeon of Bulgaria and his wife, Margarita Gómez-Acebo, have also been seen at the entrance to Zarzuela.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...s-elena-cristina-sobrinos-urdangarin_3766432/

http://images.gtresnews.com/en/feat...or-su-85-cumpleanos/page/1/SN/ACTUALITY_TODOS

Last edited:
2 birthday celebrations in one week ,I'm sure Princess Irene was there by her sisters side.

Silver Jubilee

Did he have celebrations for the Silver jubilee

The Infantas and children must have gone out to visit King Juan Carlos after New Years.

Indeed, the Infantas spent Christmas with Queen Sofia and Princess Irene.

There were rumours JC was going to visit his cousin Olimpia Torliona (Princess Sibila's mother) in Rome, but he didn't. Still, Juan Carlos seems to be very active.

Last edited:
Indeed he is ,Spain before Christmas for the Infanta Elena's birthday and back to Abu Dhabi.

In previous years the Infantas would go skiing at Baqueira-Beret post Christmas.

Adda said:
Hola! Has published photos of the King Emeritus birthday party. Notice the cake with the coat of arms. Oh Juanito...

In his defense he probably did not order the cake himself ;).

Nice to see him pictured between his two daughters.

I've often wondered why Queen Sofia never purchased a holiday home in Greece!

I've often wondered why Queen Sofia never purchased a holiday home in Greece!

I don't think she would make a financial investent in the Republic of Greece. She can always rent a villa or a suite in a hotel if she was visiting and not staying with Constantine & Anne-Marie after they relocated.

Back
Top Bottom