The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
Pity that the King doesn't have any official photo with "una nueva haredera" on arms.
...JuAnItA... go here and click on the bigger link below one of pics:
http://www.casareal.es/casareal/treinaniv.html
Yes the photos are new, they have placed them this very day in the web. I hope that we could have someone more, with some member more of the family. Probably this they are on Wednesday that they bring together for the receipt.

Old 11-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
Pity that the King doesn't have any official photo with "una nueva haredera" on arms.
...JuAnItA... go here and click on the bigger link below one of pics:
http://www.casareal.es/casareal/treinaniv.html
Indeed lovely pic of Sofia, so... normal ! The King also has one pic with young Felipe in uniform and one of F&L from their engagement:) .
Thanks!
It's really a beautiful pic!!

Old 11-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

On the third picture in the background we can notice that the Kings have in their garden a special place for grandchildren to play. Sooo cute!:)

Old 11-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent

i agree, chicamadrilena. it would have been lovely a photo of the king, felipe and leonor, three generations and one kind and two future king and queen. it's a pity.... it would have been a great opportunity to have a new photo of leonor, just as the king of norway posed with his son and his granddaughter in a session.

i guess that leonor won't be there this wednesday but there my be a chance that we may see her at the end, for example. it's obvious that felipe and letizia won't leave her at home (as letizia is taking very seriously the breast feeding times as they told her in the clinic) and may prefer to take her with them and to let her with a nanny in some other room in the palace. let's hope... hope is the last thing that can be lost :)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

lovely... just lovely...
i hope they release different sets of pictures in more days to come.
maybe with the whole royal family, including la infanta leonor.

it's nice to see the king has different photos from his family on his office. i guess pictures of christina, elena, and their families maybe placed on the other side of the office.

i like the little fountain placed on the gardens of la zarzuela on the 3rd pic. it seems like a very homey and enjoyable environment to live in
Old 11-21-2005, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

apparently letizia will be attending this wednesday to the reception as we expected: such a grand event! all the family needs to be there... :)

information from terra, confirmed by the palace to europress 'unless her obligations with breastfeeding will be at the same time and will obligue letizia to stay at home'.

they confirmed that leonor definetely won't be there, even if we don't see her. she will stay at the residence of the prince, because of her young age.

Quote:
Doña Letizia retomará el miércoles su presencia en actos públicos con motivo de la recepción en el Palacio Real

La Princesa de Asturias, doña Letizia Ortiz, tiene previsto retomar su presencia en actos públicos el próximo miércoles en el Palacio Real con motivo de la recepción institucional que ofrecerá la Familia Real para conmemorar el trigésimo aniversario de la proclamación como Rey de Juan Carlos I, según informó un portavoz del Palacio de la Zarzuela a Europa Press.
Doña Letizia estará presente a las 19:30 horas en el Palacio Real 'salvo que sus obligaciones con la lactancia le coincidan y le obliguen a permanecer en su residencia' junto a la Infanta Leonor.
De confirmarse su participación en esta recepción, sería la primera asistencia a un acto de la esposa del Príncipe Felipe desde su salida de la Clínica Ruber el pasado 7 de noviembre.
Además, subrayó que está descartado que los Príncipes de Asturias puedan asistir a un acto de estas características con la Infanta Leonor debido a la corta edad de la recién nacida. Están invitadas las más altas autoridades de los poderes Ejecutivo, Legislativo y Judicial, así como todos los presidentes autonómicos.
Esta recepción en el Palacio Real será el último de los eventos relacionados con la efeméride de Su Majestad que se cumple oficialmente el 22 de este mes. Así, los Reyes don Juan Carlos y doña Sofía iniciaron hoy una visita oficial a las Islas Canarias, cuyo primer acto fue un encuentro con representantes institucionales y culturales de Arrecife, seguido de una visita a la Catedral de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria y a la Casa de Colón en esta ciudad canaria.
Tras ello, Sus Majestades harán entrega en el auditorio Alfredo Krauss de las Medallas de oro al mérito en las Bellas Artes que cada año concede el Ministerio de Cultura.
Ya en la jornada de mañana, inaugurarán el centro 'Magma, Arte y Congresos' en la Costa Adeje de Tenerife Sur y recibirán en audiencia a representantes del sector agrícola y pesquero de las Islas Canarias en un hotel tinerfeño.
En último lugar, los Reyes asistirán junto a las principales autoridades políticas del archipiélago al concierto en su honor que se celebrará en el Auditorio Príncipe Felipe de Tenerife que aún no conocen. El único acto que tendrán el miércoles 23 es la citada recepción institucional en el Palacio Real de Madrid. http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/dona_letizia_palacio_real_606197.htm
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-21-2005, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

excellent news, carlota!
i've missed seeing her for quite a while, and now we will get to see her.
i hope she won't cancel on the last minute.
will this be gala gown event?
Old 11-21-2005, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great great great!

Old 11-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
excellent news, carlota!
i've missed seeing her for quite a while, and now we will get to see her.
i hope she won't cancel on the last minute.
will this be gala gown event?
Actually isn't confirmed, so we don´t know yet if the will realy be there (i hope that she will ).

As Carlota said, the article says that she might be there, if the breastfeeding hours doesn't match the reception. Also says that isn´t nothing confirmed. And if she appears, will be her 1st public appearence since the presetention of Leonor (and all that we already know :p )...
Old 11-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

The whole suplement of "El mundo"-"Cronica" is dedicated to the anniversary, the current situation in Spain after 30 years of reining and the Royal Family. Here you have one of the articles, click on "portada" to find the rest. They are really interesting.
http://www.elmundo.es/suplementos/cr...132441203.html

Old 11-21-2005, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

On Wednesday the Royal Family will host a Institutional Reception to celebrate the 30th anniversary of King Juan Carlos' Enthronement.

I think that it's a 50/50 percent chance that we'll see Letizia there...
Old 11-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Due to the 30th anniversary, antena3tv have a video about the childhood and youth of the King

http://www.antena3.com/a3noticias/

Down the image of the King, push "Infancia y juventud de Juan Carlos I"

very funny :)
Old 11-22-2005, 12:08 AM
Courtier

so the whole royal family would attend the event on wednesday?????
can't wait to see Letizia....miss her soo much...haha
Old 11-22-2005, 12:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Spanish royals fall out of favour after thirty years

http://www.expatica.com/source/site_...r+thirty+years+
Old 11-22-2005, 01:01 AM
Serene Highness

I am curious what the Spaniards on this thread think about the article posted above that says the younger generation wants a republic? Is the current monarchy really tied up in the person of Juan Carlos? or can it survive his death? Also, do you think he will abdicate -- have previous Spanish monarchs abdicated or does the heir inherit upon the death of the monarch?

On a personal note, I was right outside the building where Juan Carlos was installed as monarch 30 years ago -- it seems like yesterday. I remember thinking that QS looked so much prettier in person than she had on television and the children were just enchanting...Felipe and Cristina in particular. It was a memorable day after the fears surrouding Franco's illness and death, and the uncertainty of what would happen. It was a pretty tense day in Madrid!
Old 11-22-2005, 03:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Special 30 years: Juan Carlos I (1975-2005)

HISTORY OF A SUCCESS

http://www.abc.es/informacion/Juan_C...quia/index.asp
Old 11-22-2005, 04:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
I am curious what the Spaniards on this thread think about the article posted above that says the younger generation wants a republic? Is the current monarchy really tied up in the person of Juan Carlos? or can it survive his death? Also, do you think he will abdicate -- have previous Spanish monarchs abdicated or does the heir inherit upon the death of the monarch?
I am going to try to give my opinion without making it very long.

On the youth and the Republic I believe that it is something normal, and an own opinion of the age and of having grown in absolute freedom. But up to 30 the conception that is had of the life, of the world and of the politics is in general a bit idealistic, there would be necessary to know that these people will think when they should mature.

To know what will happen with the history is impossible. The Monarchy, though it is parliamentary, is a bit opposite to the way for which the world goes, in Spain and in any other country. And to know what will happen in a future is impossible. In Spain always they remember a commentary of an Arabic king, who was saying that in a few years only they would remain the Kings of the cards and the Queen of England .... now many people say that probably not so at least the Queen of England .... the one who does know?
These great days remember that the King Juan Carlos was nicknamed by some " Brief one ", and that 30 years later continues there. To know what will happen in the future is impossible and incirto, and who knows the history of Spain in the S.XX thinks that everything can happen.

I do not believe that in the S.XXI there are monarchic countries in the western world. The Monarchies are if they are useful for the countries to those who serve. In Spain sometimes it is said that " of the evil less ", probably the Parliamentary Monarchy is not the ideal system, but if it works well, it will be kept. In spite of the critiques that could have the citizens, who sometimes are even a result of an ignorance of the institution, the Monarchy continues being one of the institutions most valued by the Spanish, over the Parliament and of the Spanish politicians.

On the abdication there are many opinions. There is the one who thinks that he must not abdicate, and there is the one who thinks that " to reach his work " he still has to choose the moment adapted to do it. I personally created that he will do it, but in a few years, it is necessary to look for the suitable moment. The Prince has that " the position to be gained ", nobody doubts that has a marvellous formation, but he has a difficult work. Be the successor of the current Kings with what they have meant for the history of Spain it is very complicated. The respect that the father has, the son will not inherit it, and will be necessary to see ' how it can be gained".

The history changes rapidly, and it is very difficult to know what will happen, the things will be seen day after day.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_R
On Wednesday the Royal Family will host a Institutional Reception to celebrate the 30th anniversary of King Juan Carlos' Enthronement.

I think that it's a 50/50 percent chance that we'll see Letizia there...
CONCIERTO EN HONOR DE SS.MM. LOS REYES CON OCASIÓN DEL TRIGÉSIMO ANIVERSARIO DE LA PROCLAMACIÓN DE S.M. EL REY
Asiste con Su Majestad la Reina
Auditorio de Tenerife. Santa Cruz de Tenerife

Isn't Tenerife (in the canary islands) too far for letizia to travel especially that she's breastfeeding leonor?
Old 11-22-2005, 04:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouwrein
Isn't Tenerife (in the canary islands) too far for letizia to travel especially that she's breastfeeding leonor?
At this concert only there will be present the Kings who are in a visit of two days in the Canary Isles. The receipt will be the 23rd in the Royal Palace of Madrid
Old 11-22-2005, 08:00 AM
Courtier

Btw, i just realized that the King entronment day is the same day that JFK was killed, Movember 22nd. Nothing to do one with the another, but i just remember. An historical coincidence

Tags
anniversary celebrations, enthronement, juan carlos i, queen sofia, sofia (1938 -), spanish royal family