The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-11-2007, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez deserved a few words from the king because I dont see him acting like a president but more like a child. I guess interupting someones speech is just rude/not nice at all.

Im not too sure how the relation is between the king & the prime minister but that was a good step comeing from the king. Now, I wonder how this would effect the two countries relation

Thanks for posting the video, I could watch it over & over

Old 11-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for the video . I just can say: Bravo HM .

Old 11-11-2007, 08:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

The King was great!!
How lucky are the Spanish people to have a King who defend them like that!
Old 11-11-2007, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

i'm amazed: where was the diplomatic protocol behind these events?

chavez has in many ocassions shown his bad-manners and that he is everything but a president. it's disgusting the way he refers to the king and to the other memebrs of the summit. the faces of the other presidents were of such surprise! i never saw the king acting so stiffly and in such a non-diplomatic way, so i guess chavez must have really got past the limit.

i generally don't like zapatero and i'm not a supporter of his party but even so, he is miles away from practically all the south american leaders, full of demagogy. i doubt any other international forum is as relaxed and as "anecdotic" as this one. where there any outcomes in any of this summits? judging by the comments of the latin presidents this year, i doubt so.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Chavez looked for the protagonism that was not having. He tried it on Friday, and the Spanish delgation was quiet during the meeting and after it of asked him not to behave that way. But it did not matter for him, on saturday, interrupted the speech of the Spanish President and continued attacking the Spanish. Ultimately, if the things are not understood by the good ones, it comes near to this point ... if the King lost his diplomats forms, but I believe, that unfortunately, this it is the only way of keeping silent Chavez.

Ultimately, about the content of the summit nobody speaks. Nobody speaks either of the social topics that treated, or of the agreements for the development of the education in these countries, or the agreements on equality... While Chavez insults the Spanish ex-prime minister and the Spanish companies.... Spain comes with helps and more helps, with the establishment of one sedate humanitarian in Center America to help in case of catastrophe, with the promise to continue excusing the debt to these countries to invert this money in education, with money for a social fund and with 1.500 million dollars to create a fund to provide with drinkable water more than 4 million persons.

Ultimately the important thing gives up to come to absurd polemics.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Aristocracy

Bravo for the king!!
He has once again demonstrated in these last weeks is a great king, and has earned the support of his people.
The voices criticism and the strong campaign of discredit not only have not been able to, but have become ridiculous and have only served to increase their prestige and the support of his people
Old 11-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Commoner

I have read some papers today and researched in the internet and I can say that the reaction in Spain for his words to Hugo Chavez have been almost unanimously cheering the king's words. In fact some people say that someone must have said that to Chavez much earlier! He is known for his lengthy speeches against everybody that doesn't agree 100% with his ideas. So King Juan Carlos has spoken in behalf of thousands of others.

Also, some people in the internet are starting to upload parodies and jokes about all this affair. Check this, and I will publish here some more when I find them.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u.../rey_troll.jpg
Old 11-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Gentry

I did not get to see the video until midnight, and I think I woke all my neighbors with my cheering for the king. That took b...guts!

Chavez is so annoying, he has the right to criticize everyone but no one has the right to criticize him. Hypocrite.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Nobility

Like most people in this thread I LOVED how Juan Carlos stood up to President Chavez it was about time somebody did.

Juan Carlos gestured to Chavez to shut up like once I think but Chavez kept running off at the mouth as he usually does about everything and anything.

Juan Carlos = 45769023... President Chavez = -0

Old 11-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Aristocracy

Bravo for the King!!!
Old 11-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Nobility

Someone finally said something! BRAVO JC!
Old 11-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Serene Highness

I have a feeling that this will be one of those moments (and phrases), that will go down in history with King Juan Carlos.

At the end of the day Chavez looked to be getting on pretty much everyone's nerves and for the King to say something like that publicly, shows how extremely annoyed he was.
And judging by the reaction of the media and the people, not just in Spain, but other countries too, there doesn't seem to be too much of a problem with what JC said.

To Sadie and BeautyLeonor, I speak from experience in saying that I know your President does not represent many of the people of your country. Like crisiñaki already said, Venezuela is a country full of some wonderful people and I personally won't let the actions of this man alter my opinion of you.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

yep Sofi, like the 23F is one of those legendary JC moves
I loved how he defended his two presidents and his country against this...*cough* thing *cough* I mean man
Old 11-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Commoner

More jokes about the incident....

¡Que nadie se calle! | elmundo.es
Old 11-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

It's good to be a King sometimes...
Old 11-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Nobility

I've never been so amazed by a royal. Good for him, in my opinion someone needed to tell Chavez to shut up, and I'm glad it was the King. It's what everyone in Miami is talking about!

Ani
Old 11-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Most of the Spaniards they supported Sunday to king Juan Carlos to command to shut up to the president of Venezuela, Hugo Chávez, that described as "fascista" to the ex- president of the Government Jose Maria Aznar.
Respaldo en España a la reacción del Rey Juan Carlos

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 11-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
More jokes about the incident....

¡Que nadie se calle! | elmundo.es
Thanks. Youtube video is so funny .
Old 11-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
http://i13.tinypic.com/8ad61ih.jpg

Chavez looks like KJC's bodyguard or something like that , I mean, the guy doesn't remotely look like a Chief of State, is too cheap and doesn't look smart or good
Class is class, some people have it, some don't
i quite agree, although i have some reservations on the fact that good appearance equals beign a good presidency. i know of one of the summit presidents (eg, latin american president) who looks okay(ish) and wouldn't make it past the first round of the best president.

contrary to what i would have thought, many spaniards liked the reaction of the king. i must say i didn't see him more upset in a long time! he did really well though, chavez was most annoying.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks everybody for all the informations and the comments about this "incident". First, it's the proof that the diplomacy is something that you have to learn, isen't it, then for some "chief of state" - yes it's Chavez himself who is giving this title for him, and it's true because he had been elected third by 63% of the votes......- the diplomacy is a no man's land! Understatment....

Spanish people are very lucky to have a King so corageous!

Tags
chile, hugo chavez, ibero-american summit, juan carlos i, queen sofia, sofia (1938 -)