17th Ibero-American Summit in Chile: November 8-10, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You never know when you find defenders...specially if the one is your political adversary.

You bet. :)

I think the King and Mr.Zapatero were both Great tonight!

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j152/znznzn_photos/Gifs/juancawmv.gif

why you do not shut up?

jajajajajajajaja

I could watch it all night long! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not an adversaries' question, it is a question of respect and education.

What is not understandable is that a Chief of State interrupts the shift of word of a President of the Government, to impose his opinions, and to criticize and to insult the predecessor of other one. Like it is not acceptable that begins a discussion on Spanish companies, which are private companies that do their business, and if they have a problem they will have to discuss it with it not with the Spanish Government. It is curious, to criticize to the Spanish companies they turns out to be very profitable in their populist speech .... what not turns out to be to them beneficial is to say the thousands of millions that Spain destines to the development of their countries.

answers to the attitude of the king:
ELMUNDO.ES - FORO
I am of Caracas and I cannot let see the video of the only human being who has been able to materialize the general feeling of Venezuela and I believe that of the World, gentlemen of the world the Venezuelans we are not like viva el rey viva españa, Alex/Caracas
f

I'm a little unsure. Is Alex opposed or in favor of the King's actions?

Last edited:
LOVE IT!

I gotta say: Go ZP and Go JC!

ZP is not one of my favourite people, but he showed his worth defending the spanish democracy and defending Aznar just for the sake of being elected by the same spaniards that elected him!

And for the King, what can I say? I would have thrown the mic to Chavez if I was there, that man was insulting Spain! :hammer: :bang: :bang:

So, the two leaders of Spain fought and defended the country's dignity and pride!:clap::clap:

Oh dear God: give a long long long long life to KJC, please, at least 'till I die, so I can go easily go to bed and rest every night :)

Hi everyone, i haven't post in a while but i just had to do it this time:sad:.

As a venezuelan i just feel terribly embarrast for the actions of our president today, i just hope you know, he in no way represents the feeling of the majority of the people of this country. This is not the way we are!

Today the king was able to say what many of us have wanted to say for a long time, given that we have to live with this kind of behaviour and speech everyday of our life.

My admiration and respect goes to King Juan Carlos and President Zapatero.

don't worry sadie, we know how wonderful, kind and respectful you all are:flowers:
Venezuela is a wonderful country, filled with amazing people, where you always feel at home, always find a friend

you're not the only one who would have said that to Chavez, KJC did what a lot of people (politician or not) have wanted to do for a long time ;)

KJC once again proved he has collons (balls) to speak his mind and to defend his country :flowers:

Finally, someone stood up with that stupid jerk president. I feel so sorry for Venezuela for having a president like Chavez. YOU GO :king3:KING CARLOS, YOUR THE MAN!:clap::spainflag::clap:. He does not have to take his bull, I for sure wouldn't, perhaps only Fidel Castro.

Well, as a venezuelan person I feel so bad and sad.. this man... this man... this man do all that he want, his hobbie is to put Venezuela as the worst country, with bad persons like HIM... but here we ARE NOT like this man... we are different......these are the moments when I can't stop to cry !!!:verysad::sad:
My respect for the King and Zapatero.

Last edited:
f

I'm a little unsure. Is Alex opposed or in favor of the King's actions?

In favor I would say,who can not be?!!!!!!
Fantastic action by HM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez deserved a few words from the king because I dont see him acting like a president but more like a child. I guess interupting someones speech is just rude/not nice at all.

Im not too sure how the relation is between the king & the prime minister but that was a good step comeing from the king. Now, I wonder how this would effect the two countries relation:cool:

Thanks for posting the video, I could watch it over & over :D

Thanks for the video :flowers:. I just can say: Bravo HM :king3:.

The King was great!!:flowers::flowers::flowers:
How lucky are the Spanish people to have a King who defend them like that!

i'm amazed: where was the diplomatic protocol behind these events?

chavez has in many ocassions shown his bad-manners and that he is everything but a president. it's disgusting the way he refers to the king and to the other memebrs of the summit. the faces of the other presidents were of such surprise! i never saw the king acting so stiffly and in such a non-diplomatic way, so i guess chavez must have really got past the limit.

i generally don't like zapatero and i'm not a supporter of his party but even so, he is miles away from practically all the south american leaders, full of demagogy. i doubt any other international forum is as relaxed and as "anecdotic" as this one. where there any outcomes in any of this summits? judging by the comments of the latin presidents this year, i doubt so.

Chavez looked for the protagonism that was not having. He tried it on Friday, and the Spanish delgation was quiet during the meeting and after it of asked him not to behave that way. But it did not matter for him, on saturday, interrupted the speech of the Spanish President and continued attacking the Spanish. Ultimately, if the things are not understood by the good ones, it comes near to this point ... if the King lost his diplomats forms, but I believe, that unfortunately, this it is the only way of keeping silent Chavez.

Ultimately, about the content of the summit nobody speaks. Nobody speaks either of the social topics that treated, or of the agreements for the development of the education in these countries, or the agreements on equality... While Chavez insults the Spanish ex-prime minister and the Spanish companies.... Spain comes with helps and more helps, with the establishment of one sedate humanitarian in Center America to help in case of catastrophe, with the promise to continue excusing the debt to these countries to invert this money in education, with money for a social fund and with 1.500 million dollars to create a fund to provide with drinkable water more than 4 million persons.

Ultimately the important thing gives up to come to absurd polemics.

Bravo for the king!!
He has once again demonstrated in these last weeks is a great king, and has earned the support of his people.
The voices criticism and the strong campaign of discredit not only have not been able to, but have become ridiculous and have only served to increase their prestige and the support of his people:spainflag::spainflag::spainflag::king::king3:

I have read some papers today and researched in the internet and I can say that the reaction in Spain for his words to Hugo Chavez have been almost unanimously cheering the king's words. In fact some people say that someone must have said that to Chavez much earlier! He is known for his lengthy speeches against everybody that doesn't agree 100% with his ideas. So King Juan Carlos has spoken in behalf of thousands of others.

Also, some people in the internet are starting to upload parodies and jokes about all this affair. Check this, and I will publish here some more when I find them.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u129/axiertxo/fotos/rey_troll.jpg

I did not get to see the video until midnight, and I think I woke all my neighbors with my cheering for the king. That took b...guts!

Chavez is so annoying, he has the right to criticize everyone but no one has the right to criticize him. Hypocrite.

Like most people in this thread I LOVED how Juan Carlos stood up to President Chavez it was about time somebody did.

Juan Carlos gestured to Chavez to shut up like once I think but Chavez kept running off at the mouth as he usually does about everything and anything.

Juan Carlos = 45769023... President Chavez = -0

Someone finally said something! BRAVO JC!:spainflag:

:ROFLMAO: I have a feeling that this will be one of those moments (and phrases), that will go down in history with King Juan Carlos.

At the end of the day Chavez looked to be getting on pretty much everyone's nerves and for the King to say something like that publicly, shows how extremely annoyed he was.
And judging by the reaction of the media and the people, not just in Spain, but other countries too, there doesn't seem to be too much of a problem with what JC said. :king:

To Sadie and BeautyLeonor, I speak from experience in saying that I know your President does not represent many of the people of your country. Like crisiñaki already said, Venezuela is a country full of some wonderful people and I personally won't let the actions of this man alter my opinion of you. :flowers:

Last edited:
yep Sofi, like the 23F is one of those legendary JC moves :lol:
I loved how he defended his two presidents and his country against this...*cough* thing *cough* I mean man :rolleyes:

It's good to be a King :D sometimes...

Last edited:
I've never been so amazed by a royal. Good for him, in my opinion someone needed to tell Chavez to shut up, and I'm glad it was the King. It's what everyone in Miami is talking about!

Ani

http://i13.tinypic.com/8ad61ih.jpg

Chavez looks like KJC's bodyguard or something like that :devil:, I mean, the guy doesn't remotely look like a Chief of State, is too cheap and doesn't look smart or good
Class is class, some people have it, some don't :cool:

i quite agree, although i have some reservations on the fact that good appearance equals beign a good presidency. i know of one of the summit presidents (eg, latin american president) who looks okay(ish) and wouldn't make it past the first round of the best president.

contrary to what i would have thought, many spaniards liked the reaction of the king. i must say i didn't see him more upset in a long time! he did really well though, chavez was most annoying.

Thanks everybody for all the informations and the comments about this "incident". First, it's the proof that the diplomacy is something that you have to learn, isen't it, then for some "chief of state" - yes it's Chavez himself who is giving this title for him, and it's true because he had been elected third by 63% of the votes......- the diplomacy is a no man's land! Understatment....

Spanish people are very lucky to have a King so corageous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom