The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Courtier

I watched right now on the news, I just was like , no one can stand President Chavez, but I just hope that the King didn't cause any diplomatic accident with, but at leat HM was the only person who had 'balls' enough to shut up Chavez, and as a King, HM just did his role defending Spain and his people.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Nobility

Spanish King Tells Venezuela's Chavez to `Shut Up' (Update1)

Nov. 10 (Bloomberg) -- Spain's King Juan Carlos I told Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez to ``shut up'' minutes after Chavez referred to former Spanish Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar Lopez as a ``fascist.''

The king's comments came while Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero was taking the microphone for the second time today to address Chavez at the end of the Ibero-American heads of state summit in Santiago.

Bloomberg.com: Latin America

Old 11-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Nobility

VIDEO
El Rey a Chávez: ¿'Por qué no te callas?' | elmundo.es videos
Old 11-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdarlene View Post
I watched right now on the news, I just was like , anybody would be tired of the president Chavez, but I just hope that the King didn't cause any diplomatic accident with the President Chavez.
The King left the room of agreement with the Prime minister and the Spanish Minister of Exteriors. Chavez always is a problem, I do not believe that the best things or they deteriorate for this, he always behaves this way.

Call repeatedly fascist to a Spanish ex-president chosen democratically by the citizens it is slightly unacceptable, and more in a forum of this type. Chavez has demonstrated an absolute lack of respect for all and for everything. Probably be the King the only one that dares to keep silent about him, the King was the one who established these summits and who goes years fighting in order that they work and who has convinced often many Chiefs of State in order that they represent. It happened today it is bad for all the countries that were represented there.

The King and Zapatero defending Aznar ... incredible but certain...

Photos of today

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 11-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Commoner

The King was very brave in this occasion, he came not only in defence of Aznar but also in defence of President Zapatero who was being constantly interrupted by that dictator Chavez.
With this event and the succesful recent visit to Ceuta and Melilla I guess he is going to be very popular again!
Old 11-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post

Photos of today
So true, who would have even thought that would happen, especially considering Zapatero and Aznar's party are constantly at eachothers throats. Nice pictures Lula! I love the one of the King wearing glasses, had never seen him like that before
Old 11-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Libertad Digital: El Rey manda callar a Chávez y abandona el acto de clausura de la Cumbre Iberoamericana

Then, the nicaraguense took part in the controversy Daniel Ortega in support of theses of Chávez and, that as well criticized the performance in its country of the electrical company Spanish Fenosa Union. Before this intervention, the King rose of the table and left the act, to which he returned minutes later.
Libertad Digital - Contenidos multimedia(...)
Libertad Digital - Contenidos multimedia(...)
(videos)
El Rey se enfrenta a gritos con Chávez en defensa de Aznar: '¿Por qué no te callas?' | elmundo.es
ABC.es: internacional - iberoamerica - El Rey espeta a Chávez en defensa de Aznar: «¿Por qué no te callas?»
El Rey se enfrenta a Chávez
El Rey a Chávez Por qué no te callas - videos.abc.es

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 11-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Thumbs up, His Majesty!
bravo bravo bravo majestad!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
The King was very brave in this occasion, he came not only in defence of Aznar but also in defence of President Zapatero who was being constantly interrupted by that dictator Chavez.
With this event and the succesful recent visit to Ceuta and Melilla I guess he is going to be very popular again!
the spirit of ceuta and melilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post

the king knows that to aznar he is the best one

The Language

Old 11-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Serene Highness

answers to the attitude of the king:
ELMUNDO.ES - FORO
I am of Caracas and I cannot let see the video of the only human being who has been able to materialize the general feeling of Venezuela and I believe that of the World, gentlemen of the world the Venezuelans we are not like viva el rey viva españa, Alex/Caracas

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1.../juancawmv.gif

why you do not shut up?

jajajajajajajaja

The Language

Old 11-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I watched it on TV about 3 hours ago. It reminds me old films about powerfull monarchs which decided about someone's live or death.

I was laughing on Chavez reaction to the King's words - it was something: what?! how this man, this king could say something like that to me...

Go Juan Carlos

You never know when you find defenders...specially if the one is your political adversary.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
You never know when you find defenders...specially if the one is your political adversary.
You bet.

I think the King and Mr.Zapatero were both Great tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanprincipesasturi View Post
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j152/znznzn_photos/Gifs/juancawmv.gif

why you do not shut up?

jajajajajajajaja

I could watch it all night long!
Old 11-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Ibero-Americana: Aznar agradece "defesa" do seu nome ao rei de Espanha e a Zapatero - Lusa - SAPO Notícias

The former Prime-Minister José Maria Aznar telephoned today to the King of Spain and to the Zapatero, to thank them the defence of his name, after the Venezuelan president had called him "fascist", during the Ibero-American Summit.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

It is not an adversaries' question, it is a question of respect and education.

What is not understandable is that a Chief of State interrupts the shift of word of a President of the Government, to impose his opinions, and to criticize and to insult the predecessor of other one. Like it is not acceptable that begins a discussion on Spanish companies, which are private companies that do their business, and if they have a problem they will have to discuss it with it not with the Spanish Government. It is curious, to criticize to the Spanish companies they turns out to be very profitable in their populist speech .... what not turns out to be to them beneficial is to say the thousands of millions that Spain destines to the development of their countries.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanprincipesasturi View Post
answers to the attitude of the king:
ELMUNDO.ES - FORO
I am of Caracas and I cannot let see the video of the only human being who has been able to materialize the general feeling of Venezuela and I believe that of the World, gentlemen of the world the Venezuelans we are not like viva el rey viva españa, Alex/Caracas
f

I'm a little unsure. Is Alex opposed or in favor of the King's actions?
Old 11-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

LOVE IT!

I gotta say: Go ZP and Go JC!

ZP is not one of my favourite people, but he showed his worth defending the spanish democracy and defending Aznar just for the sake of being elected by the same spaniards that elected him!

And for the King, what can I say? I would have thrown the mic to Chavez if I was there, that man was insulting Spain!

So, the two leaders of Spain fought and defended the country's dignity and pride!

Oh dear God: give a long long long long life to KJC, please, at least 'till I die, so I can go easily go to bed and rest every night
Old 11-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Gentry

Hi everyone, i haven't post in a while but i just had to do it this time.

As a venezuelan i just feel terribly embarrast for the actions of our president today, i just hope you know, he in no way represents the feeling of the majority of the people of this country. This is not the way we are!

Today the king was able to say what many of us have wanted to say for a long time, given that we have to live with this kind of behaviour and speech everyday of our life.

My admiration and respect goes to King Juan Carlos and President Zapatero.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Heir Apparent

don't worry sadie, we know how wonderful, kind and respectful you all are
Venezuela is a wonderful country, filled with amazing people, where you always feel at home, always find a friend

you're not the only one who would have said that to Chavez, KJC did what a lot of people (politician or not) have wanted to do for a long time

KJC once again proved he has collons (balls) to speak his mind and to defend his country
Old 11-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Aristocracy

Finally, someone stood up with that stupid jerk president. I feel so sorry for Venezuela for having a president like Chavez. YOU GO KING CARLOS, YOUR THE MAN!. He does not have to take his bull, I for sure wouldn't, perhaps only Fidel Castro.

Philip Elmer-Dewitt, in Time Magazine
Old 11-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Courtier

Well, as a venezuelan person I feel so bad and sad.. this man... this man... this man do all that he want, his hobbie is to put Venezuela as the worst country, with bad persons like HIM... but here we ARE NOT like this man... we are different......these are the moments when I can't stop to cry !!!
My respect for the King and Zapatero.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
f

I'm a little unsure. Is Alex opposed or in favor of the King's actions?
In favor I would say,who can not be?!!!!!!
Fantastic action by HM.

Tags
chile, hugo chavez, ibero-american summit, juan carlos i, queen sofia, sofia (1938 -)