State Visit from Spain to Luxembourg: April 16-18, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fanletizia

Heir Apparent
City
Madrid
Country
Spain
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia will make a State Visit to Luxembourg from 16th to 18th of April, in answer to an invitation of the Great Dukes

Ultima Hora Nacional

Will the children of the Grand duke and Grand Duchess be there?

Why don't the princes of Asturias ever accompagny their parents on state visits. OK, now Letizia's situation is tough, but when it wasn't?

Well, the reason is, MissSaga, that Prince Felipe and King Juan Carlos cannot both be out of Spain at the same time. Only Prince Felipe can act as full official regent, (his sisters can attend events in the king's stead, but cannot act with governmental authority). (this is like when the president gives his State of the Union address and one of the cabinet members always has be at an 'undisclosed location'- nobody really thinks anything bad will happen, but it's a precaution).

As Princess Letizia is due to have her baby within a month, or imo, a matter of weeks, the king and queen will make this visit.

Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina have no rules on when they can or cannot travel in or out of Spain. They can do pretty much whatever they wish. They also can represent Spain, in an official capacity, internationally, as Cristina did in Norway in February.
Felipe and Letizia can only join the king and queen at events held within Spain, such as if the Grand Duke and Duchess visited Madrid. Felipe and Letizia did attend the Grand Ducal couple's silver wedding anniversary party (the gala), but as they were staying at Castle Berg, there is only one or two pictures of them, in the group picture released.

LadyK said:
Well, the reason is, MissSaga, that Prince Felipe and King Juan Carlos cannot both be out of Spain at the same time. Only Prince Felipe can act as full official regent, (his sisters can attend events in the king's stead, but cannot act with governmental authority). (this is like when the president gives his State of the Union address and one of the cabinet members always has be at an 'undisclosed location'- nobody really thinks anything bad will happen, but it's a precaution).

As Princess Letizia is due to have her baby within a month, or imo, a matter of weeks, the king and queen will make this visit.

Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina have no rules on when they can or cannot travel in or out of Spain. They can do pretty much whatever they wish. They also can represent Spain, in an official capacity, internationally, as Cristina did in Norway in February.
Felipe and Letizia can only join the king and queen at events held within Spain, such as if the Grand Duke and Duchess visited Madrid. Felipe and Letizia did attend the Grand Ducal couple's silver wedding anniversary party (the gala), but as they were staying at Castle Berg, there is only one or two pictures of them, in the group picture released.
But there where events in the past abroad where both Juan Carlos I. and Felipe attended. For example: The weddings of pavlos and Alexia of Greece who both took place in London, The Golden Wedding of Queen Elizabeth II. and Prince Philip where the entire Family was present and the norwegian 60th birthday celebration in 1997 to name a few.

Stefan said:
But there where events in the past abroad where both Juan Carlos I. and Felipe attended. For example: The weddings of pavlos and Alexia of Greece who both took place in London, The Golden Wedding of Queen Elizabeth II. and Prince Philip where the entire Family was present and the norwegian 60th birthday celebration in 1997 to name a few.

I notice a pattern there--Felipe was not married at the time of any of those events, am I right?
Could that have something to do with it? I truly have no idea, I'm just asking.

And I hope they bust out some tiaras and gowns for this visit. I've been a little starved for those lately. :flowers:

suturegeisha said:
I notice a pattern there--Felipe was not married at the time of any of those events, am I right?
Could that have something to do with it? I truly have no idea, I'm just asking.

And I hope they bust out some tiaras and gowns for this visit. I've been a little starved for those lately. :flowers:

Yes, you are right. They didn't go together either to the most important event of last year for the family, the 30 years burial of Queen Frederika in Greece. The whole family was there including Felipe and Letizia, but not Juan Carlos.

I hope to see beautiful gala dresses and tiaras.

Wow, the Spanish monarchs have been doing quite a lot of travelling recently: Algeria, Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala and now Luxembourg!

A delegation of Spanish industralists will travel with the Kings to Luxembourg the next week

The delegation will celebrate a Hispanic-luxemburgués enterprise encounter day 18, organized by the ICEX, the Government of Luxembourg, Ceoe, the Chamber of Commerce of Luxembourg and the Superior Council of the Chambers of Commerce, among other institutions.
In the encounter, that will be inaugurated King Juan Carlos and the Great Duke of Luxembourg, the situation of Spain will be analyzed as investing destiny, its fiscal surroundings and the regulation of the capital risk. The seminary will also serve to present/display the present situation and the economic perspective of Luxembourg.

Economía/Empresas.- Una delegación de empresarios españoles viajará con los Reyes a Luxemburgo la próxima semana- elEconomista.es

The King grants to the Necklace of the Insigne Order of the Toisón de Oro to Great Duke Enrique of Luxembourg

The Cabinet approves the concession of other decorations in the occasion of the trip that the Kings will make next to Luxembourg The King granted yesterday to the Necklace of the Insigne Order of the Toisón de Oro to Great Duke Enrique of Luxembourg, three days before Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía undertakes their second travels from State to this country.

The Cabinet, reunited yesterday in the Palace of Moncloa, approved the real decree by which Don Juan Carlos grants this important decoration to the Great Duke of Luxembourg.
The Toisón de Oro, the dynastic order of greater prestige in the world, was founded on Witches in the 1429 by Felipe Good one, Duke of Burgundy, and is the highest distinction than it grants Real the House Spanish.

Estrella Digital 14/04/2007 - ESPAÑA: El Rey concede el Collar de la Insigne Orden del Toisón de Oro al Gran Duque Enrique de Luxemburgo

the visit of Spanish Royals start on the dukes birthday April 16. will there just be a dinner for the royal couple or will there be a birthday for the duke?

Los Reyes inician mañana su segundo viaje de Estado a Luxemburgo

The Kings initiate tomorrow their second trip of State to Luxembourg

The Kings initiate tomorrow a visit of State to Luxembourg of three days of duration, a financial world power in a territory of scarcely 2.500 square kilometres of surface, with which Spain supports a few excellent political but deficit relations in the commercial thing.

Don Juan Carlos and dona Sofía return to Luxembourg twenty-seven years after their previous and first visit to the Great Duchy, which took place in July, 1980, and it answers to that there realized to Spain the current Grand Dukes, Enrique and Maria Teresa, in May, 2001, a few weeks after acceding to the headquarters of the State.

Monday 16

Reception in the Great Ducal Palace, where the Kings will reside during their stay in Luxembourg and where there will take place a luncheon of familiar and intimate character.

Floral offering before the National Monument of the Solidarity

Visit to the Town hall

King will receive in hearing the prime minister, Jean-Claude Juncker; to the president of the Chamber of Deputies, Lucien Weiler; and to the vicefirst minister and holder of Exteriors, Jean Asselborn

Queen will go to the Museum of Modern Art to see an exhibition of the deceased contemporary from Luxembourg artist Michel Majerus.

Gala dinner

Tuesday 17

The Kings, in company of the Grand Dukes, will go to Betzdorf's castle, headquarters of the European Society of Satellites

Inauguration of the exhibition ' Pierre-Ernest de Mansfeld (1517-1604), prince of the Renaissance ', in the National Museum of the History and of the Art

Luncheon offered by the Government of Juncker to the Kings in Bourglinster's castle

Meeting with a representation of the Spanish colony

Concert offered by the Kings to the Grand Dukes and to the Government in the headquarters of the Philharmonie of Luxembourg

Wednesday 18

The King and the Great Duke are present at a seminar in the Chamber of Trade, and visit the headquarters of the producer of steel, Arcelor

The Queen, will visit the University of Luxembourg, where she will converse with Spanish students

State Visit to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg from April 16 to April 18, 2007

This is the second State Visit of Their Majesties the Kings, after the celebrated in 1980.

Don Juan Carlos and Dona Sofía were dismissed in the Pavilion of State of the T-4 of the Airport by the president of the Senate, Javier Rojo, the minister of Housing, Maria Antonia Trujillo, the delegate of the Government in the Community of Madrid, Soledad Mestre, and the mayor of Madrid, Alberto Ruiz-Gallardón. After the correspondents Honores, Their Majesties departed to Luxembourg.

It´s foreseen that, after their arrival, Their Majesties move to the Grand Ducal Palace, where there will be celebrated the ceremony of official welcome on the part of Their Royal Highnesses the Grand Dukes of Luxembourg. The activities of the evening will begin with an honoring in the National Monument of the From Luxembourg Solidarity. Their Majesties will visit later the Town hall, where the Mayor will offer a receipt in honor of Don Juan Carlos and Dona Sofía

On returning to the Grand Ducal Palace, His Majesty the King will receive in hearing the President of the Deputies' Chamber, the Prime minister of the Great Duchy of Luxembourg and the Vicefirst Minister, The Minister of Foreign Affairs and of Immigration. Parallel, Dona Sofía will visit the exhibition of the from Luxembourg artist Michel Majerus, in the Museum of Contemporary Art " Grand Duke Jean ".

PIC
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/imag...go_salida1.jpg
From Terra
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070416/72164ca1e92e1g.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the colour of Maria-Teresa's outift. Thanks for the pictures :flowers:

I love Queen Sofia; she really defines the word "regal" :flowers:
flowers.gif

Yes, that turquoise looks really great on Maria Theresa. Can't wait for the gala dinner tonight!

King Juan Carlos (), followed by Queen Sofia, pays tribute at the Luxembourgian Monument to National Unity during an official visit 16 April 2007 in Luxembourg
http://i62.tinypic.com/33emltu.jpg

Queen Sofia of Spain gets a bouquet of flowers from 6 years old Irma Twaiana in front of Luxembourg Hotel de Ville, Luxembourg 16 April 2007
http://i61.tinypic.com/1z3lyl1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maria Teresa looks very well, the colour looks perfect on her.

Gallery from PPE Agency :

Does de Royal Family of Luxembourg any official web page?
Thanks in avance!

I agree with you royalist. That colour suits very well on the Grand Duchess.

I think the Grand Duchess looks wonderful!

Speech of His Majesty the King of Spain, in the receipt offered by the Town Hall of Luxembourg.

" Mister Mayor,

On having answered to your nice words of welcome, the Queen and I are grateful to you for the affectionate reception that the City of Luxembourg dedicates us in our second Visit of State to this dear country.

First of all, I want to demonstrate the special emotion that produces us to be again in this city, Patrimony of the Humanity, with whom join so many past and present links.
For his history and his geography, for his vitality and for his capacity of renovation, Luxembourg symbolizes the strength and the dynamism of the big European values, in a fruitful amalgam of tradition and modernity.

Proof of it are the big changes that they appreciate in the external physiognomy of the city, which officially we visit for the first time twenty-seven years ago.

There fill with admiration the modern buildings of the European Institutions, the innovative design of the "Love of music" or the purity of lines of the " Museum of Contemporary Art Grand Duke Juan ", that reflect the vibrant and energetic atmosphere of this cosmopolitan city, integration of more diver cultures and nationalities.

Mister Mayor,

For the city of Luxembourg, the year 2007 has begun with a special emphasis in the cultural exchanges. Many looks turn these days towards the European Capital of the Culture, which Luxembourg and the Grand Region show.

An occasion of special interest, which is going to make possible multiple opportunities of meeting and of cultural and personal enrichment for all, and that reinforces and projects towards the exterior the image of Luxembourg.

In this splendid frame its registers the Exhibition dedicated to Pierre-Ernest de Mansfeld , that tomorrow we will have the honor of inaugurating together with Their Royal Highnesses The Grand Dukes.

Governor of Luxembourg in the imperial epoch, Mansfeld was a real man of the Renaissance: courageous soldier, loyal civil servant and patron of the arts. His personality personifies with singular lucky the ideal ones of the European citizen, and the better of the roots comune to our contries.

It takes me pleasure, so, specially that the National Patimony of Spain and the Prado Museum have collaborated in the organization of this admirable sample.

Mister Mayor,

I would want to conclude my words in this pleasing reunion, doing votes in order that our fellow-citizens continue pressing hard their links of friendship and affection, on the solid base of the principles and values that, happily, we share.

With this spirit, I wish you all, Mister Mayor, together with all the members of the Municipal Corporation, the best successes in your labor, in benefit of the city and of the citizens of Luxembourg.

Thank you very much. "

Source
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Last edited:
Wonderful outfits for both the queen and the grand duchess!

Marie teresa looks great in her white suit, very pretty. this will be an intresting state visit. looks like there going to intresting places. more pictures from ppe-agency

i like the expression of M-T in this picture (ppe)

Thanks for the pics people!!!! it´s so nice!!!:flowers: I hope moore pics... thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom