Luxembourg State Visit to Chile: November 22-23, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope to see many pictures of them after such a long time!

The Chairwoman of the Republic, Michelle Bachelet, received this morning in La Moneda Palace to the Great Duke of Luxembourg Enrique I, who realizes a visit of State to our country.

After receiving military honors and of the Guard of Palace, in company of hiswife, the Great Duchess Maria Teresa, the European leader supported a meeting with the chairwoman that spread for almost an hour and in which they approached topics of interest for both countries.

Later, they shared with a group of students that they was visiting the house of government. This evening, the Michelle Bachelet will offer a dinner in honor of the Great Duke.

Gobierno de Chile

Thanks Paty, they're working now. Lovely photo's, especially the one of the Grand duke & Duchess video filming the children, rare shot of royals on an official visit.
Grand Duchess looks lovely, like the outfit & the sahde of pink really suits her well.

great pictures. i loved the one of the GD couple taking pictures and filming the kids!

ma teresa looks superb, as always.

It seems they attended the dinner in their day suits? Still it is nice to see the Grand Duke, the Grand Duchess AND Michelle Bachelet, though I could have used some jewels to go ;). The Grand Duchess looks good btw, it seems she has lost some weight.

Last edited:
he is still very handsome.

her shoes with the "plastic" sides :ohmy:

In 1965 Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte have been on State Visit in Brazil. 42 years later GD Henri and Maria Teresa will visit this country but before they are visiting Chile.

The Grand Ducal couple Henri and Maria Teresa has been invited to Chile by President Michelle Bachelet. GD Henri and GD Maria Teresa will visit the two most important Luxembourgish foundations to help Chilean children Christo Vive of Sister Karolina and Ninos de la Tierra, then the foundation Fondo Esperanza and finally the ONG Hogar Christo in Santiago de Chile, which is active in micro credits and micro financials.

A large delegation will accompany the Grand Ducal couple to this South American journey with Chile (22-23 November) and Brazil (26-29 November):
Luxembourg’s Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn, Luxembourg’s Economy Minister Jeannot Krecké, Lord Chamberlain Pierre Mores, Dutch Ambassador in Chile* Hero De Boer with wife Gerda De Boer, Dutch Ambassador in Brazil* OWC Hattinga van’t Sant with wife Johanna van’t Sant, Lady of Honor Rita Krombach-Meyer, director of international relationships in economy abroad Christian Braun, the directress of political relationships abroad Sylvie Lucas, director of cooperations abroad Patrick Engel, commissar of Royal Court Guy May, aide de champs Lieutenant Colonel Henri and Captain Géry Meyers.

• Luxembourg doesn’t have an own Ambassador for these countries and thus is represented by the Netherlands
- The first day of their State Visit Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa on an invitation of President Michelle Bachelet was marked by protocol with National anthems in Chilean capital Santiago de Chile.
At 10.30 the Grand Ducal couple visited the monument of national hero of Chile Bernardo O’Hoggins; they were received by Chilean Minister of Defense Joné Goni Carrasco and the Commandant of Garnison of Santiago de Chile. After that GD Henri and GD Maria Teresa visited the museum who belongs to the monument.
After the national anthems they entered the Palacio de la Moneda with discussions between GD Henri, GD Maria Teresa and the president Michelle Bachelet.
Maria Teresa visited the foundations Christo Vive and Ninos de la Tierra.
On late afternoon there was a reception in the city hall where the Grand Ducal couple was greeted by Mayor Raul Alcaino Lihn and got symbolically the bowl of the town.
On late afternoon there was a gala diner in the Palace De La Moneda.

Last edited:
Thanks for that story Drimal. it is appreciated! Good to have some more information on this visit and on the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess. Now, I suppose Henri is giving President Bachelet some sort of decoration here? Does anybody know?

The grand duchess looks absolutely lovely. I liked her dinner outfit although I didn't expect it to be short. Usually I see longer dresses. Are there any video recaps of this?

Thanks for the pics everyone, the couple looks great.

her shoes with the "plastic" sides :ohmy:
Yeah, I was surprised and shocked to see those plastic shoes also on MT now! :lol: Now Máxima, Silvia and MT own them! (they must be by Natan then ;))

Apart from this: I loved MT's pink suits! Really pretty!
Well, and Henri looks more handsome every time I see him :rolleyes:

Thanks for the links to the pictures (they are a fantastic quality) and the information.

And the superficial side of me cant help saying this: Maria Teresa looked fabulous!

Oohhh, very good! It's a pity in Brazil we don't receive any State Visits.

But I got a question: Shouldn't Maria Teresa had used a tiara?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom