Luxembourg State Visit to Austria: April 15-17, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Grand Ducal couple lead Luxembourg business mission to Austria

Source: wort.lu

They are well educated and most able to do this kind of mission, as are their heirs. A remarkable family in the education department.

Perhaps the title of this topic could be changed? This is obviously a full state visit, not an economic mission.

EDIT: Thank you! :flowers:

Last edited:
State Banquet means White Tie an Tiara, right?
BYe Bine

They will visit Linz on Wednesday. That is quite remarkable. Royals usually never visit Linz so I am sure the grand majority of the Upper Austrian politicians will be present. Though why H and MT plan to see the Ars Electronica Center instead of the new Opera House I fail to understand. Why do I have to be in Vienna on Wednesday ?!

State banquets for Royals in Austria always have a white tie and tiara dress code.
GD Maria Teresa's evening dress unfortunately features all the signature elements of a Natan aka Edouard Vermeulen design and must be one of the worst I've ever seen her in.
Unflattering, without craftsmanship, way too tight, and the back is something of a joke. Wish she would have gone with Elie Saab as she usually does for evening wear.

That is one horrible dress indeed. And why the GDss wears these weird fake brooches instead of some real ones is beyond me too, esp. since it is white tie.

I am wondering if any Habsburg relations were invited to the state dinner. Would love to see them with ADss Fransesca...:popcorn:.

Fashion first: I am not too fond of the pattern of the dress although the colour is flattering.
But for me the tiara and hair are so pretty and elegant,that´s why I did not pay much attention to the rest:)

Very interesting program indeed,I hope the Grand Ducal couple will have an interesting,enjoyable stay in Austria!
Ars Electronica is very modern and shows great stuff,but it is rather unconventional for a state visit-usually people prefer to see the Spanish riding school,the opera and other famous sights in Vienna,but I am sure that our Luxembourg-guests will also have a great time in Linz. It is a smaller, but beautiful and friendly city with lots of flowers during summer time:)

I also believe that the banking will be discussed a lot,but let´s wait & see!

She is a very pretty woman, of greater weight. The dress makes her look like a sausage. It is, too bad. She carries off well designed fashion for larger women, well.

State banquets for Royals in Austria always have a white tie and tiara dress code.
GD Maria Teresa's evening dress unfortunately features all the signature elements of a Natan aka Edouard Vermeulen design and must be one of the worst I've ever seen her in.
Unflattering, without craftsmanship, way too tight, and the back is something of a joke. Wish she would have gone with Elie Saab as she usually does for evening wear.

I don't care what her body is like, I just can't abide by a dress of that "workmanship" being called fashion. Ridiculous.

Not a fan of the dress but MT still looks beautiful. The jewelry is just gorgeous!

OMG I saw MT and H early this morning. They were just leaving Vienna and on their way to the famous monastery of Melk. A lot of police was around them. Great start in the day on my part. :) Later they will visit the Ars Electronica Center in Linz.

The Duke and President look dashing in these pictures:flowers:
The ladies seemed to enjoy themselves too,at least to me it looks as if they were having a good time!
Hope the rest of their state visit will go as smooth and interesting as the first part,I wonder what they will be shown in Linz and which kind of programm they will see @ Ars Electronica!

http://www.tageblatt.lu/diashow/diashow.tmpl?showid=2556
Picture 11-13 (showing Eurofighter Typhoon)-> Now I know why they have been practicing with the jets a few days ago...I have seen them in Langenlebarn,close to Tulln - exciting airplane!!!
Here a bit about this plane (first part German,please scroll down for English text):http://www.cschichl.kilu.de/AAF/ind...&catid=41:abfangjaeger--interceptor&Itemid=61

Also,cool that you have seen the Grand-Ducal couple,Kit!You have been very lucky,it must have been a great day for you when it starts with a surprise like that:)

Last edited:
yes I couldn't believe my eyes at first. but very pleasant surprise for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom