Life of Grand Duke Henri: Symbols, Important Moments, Protocols

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Then why do they still have the name Nassau?

It's not really their last name, it's the house name. IIRC, it died out with Guillaume IV, since he had six daughters.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
But then why is it still part of their name?
I believe it is still part of their name because they are recognize by that name and the fact that they are the Royal Family of Luxembourg.:)

State visit pictures of Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte I

1. Sweden 1983: King Carl-Gustav and and Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte during the dinner (the highlight of every state visit)
2. Sweden 1983: Queen Silivia and Grand Duke Jean (eight years later in 1991 the Swedish sovereigns will visit Luxembourg)
3. United States 1984: the travel with the famous "Cable Car" in San Francisco was one of the highlights of the state visit in the USA
4. and 5. the Netherlands 1992: parts of the programm were made by train (GD Josephine-Charlotte/4), (GD Jean and Queen Beatrix/5)
6. Israel 1987: the Grand Ducal couple visiting the cidatelle, a palace built 24 bef. Jesus Christ from Herodes
7. Poland 1993: the president Vaclav Havel remembered the common history of Luxembourg and Bohemia
8. Poland 1993: the Grand Ducal couple remembring five Luxembourgians who died between September 1942 and January 1943 in the cloister Leubus, the resettlement 158
9. Norway May 1990: King Olaf and Crown Prince Harald of Norway received Luxembourg's sovereigns
10. Belgium 1999: Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte, King Albert II and Queen Paola in Arlon (Belgium)

The picture n.7 is not Poland, it is Czech republic, Vaclav Havel was Czech president!!!! and Luxembourg have nothing in common with Poland, Luxembourg share a part of history with Czech Republic. And I guess that picture 8 can be also Czech republic, cause there are two flags and on both flags is blue, but Poland don't have blue on flag.

Does Henri & Maria-Teresa own a summer home? Is it in Luxembourg or in another country?

In what year did Willibrord become the patron saint of Luxembourg?

Back
Top Bottom