The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-06-2013, 01:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSonatta View Post
That is arguably one of the most absurd thing I have read here. The idea JC is so shallow and spiteful that she would chide people who have problem with their weight especially to people within her own family. There were frictions between MT and JC; I doubt weight problems were it. As for Alexandra and Guillaume's weight problems, I doubt she'll make a big fuss as do some people on royal boards since from all accounts I have read she loved and was very devoted to her grandchildren.
I agree. J-C was crazy about her grandchildren, and seemed particularly proud of Guillaume. I think if she was alive today she would be bursting with pride, especially considering the conduct of some of the other young Royals in comparison.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:51 AM
Aristocracy

Being overweight is no crime however if you love and care much for a relative or friend who is overweight you will be honest and let them know how they look and how you feel about it. I have never had a weight issue but some of the younger members of my family have. Weight is something if not worked on at an early stage will get worse. Women who have given birth several times it is natural for them to get the (spread). Princess Mary of Denmark who have given birth to twins and her sister-in-law Pr. Marie also Pr. Letiza of Spain have done very well to keep their weight down. Can you immagine when Princess Alexandra of Luxemberg give birth to her first child what she will look like?. Look at the picture of her in the gold dress at her brother's wedding (viewing her from the back her body looked like a matured woman) while her mother appeared youthful) Now I know what the Magazine Paris Match or another Mag. was referring to.

Overweight is beyond one's controll while others can work on it and be successful. Grand Duchess Charlotte would not be dirty and spiteful to discuss with her dear and beautiful grand children about their weight, she woulld have done the criticising in a loving way afterall she raised her own children and knew when to put the lock on the refrigerator door. She would have been appalled to hear Reportors of a Magazine having to do this.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Gentry

I think JC would be more appalled at the amount of criticism a young woman (or in this case her granddaughter) faced from random strangers simply because she isn't stick thin. So Alexandra isn't skinny like she had in the past, who gives a crap. She isn't a young teen anymore, but, a young woman whose body is changing as a results.

And people wonder why so many young women or women have serious eating and self-image problems. It is because people feels the need comments/criticized when someone has gained a little bit of weight or isn't as skinny as she used to be.

Tags
grand duchess josephine-charlotte, grand duchess maria teresa, josephine-charlotte, luxembourg royals, maria teresa