Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Picture Thread: Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HRH Mims

Serene Highness
City
Moscow
Country
Russia
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics mims111:)

Do you live in Liechtenstein? I visited Vaduz a couple of years and it was really nice.

Wow wow Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa is much love and have 25th anniversary wedding!!!! They is have many children and first grandchildren!!! Best grandparents and love royal couple of Luxembourg!!!
Thanks you all photos!!!

You are all very welcome! ;)
grandempressxx, those pictures were taken in 27.10.2005 : . Luxembourg's Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa pictured outside their residence Berg Castle, in Colmart-Berg, Luxembourg, in October 2005 (from page's info)

The Polfoto ones are very nice, I have not seen those before. :-D

It just occurred to me that Guillaume often goes to "work" with his parents. Hehe

mims111 said:
pics from 13. 07. 1992, St.-Tropez, France
Some of them are more then annoying:
Henri looks stunning (and knows it; tell me he isn't showing off), but what was M-T thinking about :w00t2:

That last photo of King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola with Henri and MT is really nice...so sweet. ^_^

lisamaria said:
Henri looks stunning (and knows it; tell me he isn't showing off), but what was M-T thinking about :w00t2:

The bathing suit pictures were taken right after Sebastien's birth which was the start of all her weight problems.

Actually, I wanna see woman which is so thin after five children. How many you can find?
But MT is person, which is still beautiful after her five children, because of her personality. (I think) :) I'll try find pics, where she was with ill and poor children.

mims111 said:
Actually, I wanna see woman which is so thin after five children. How many you can find?
But MT is person, which is still beautiful after her five children, because of her personality. (I think) :) I'll try find pics, where she was with ill and poor children.

I think she was still quite skinny around 1997/1998, and suddenly packed on weight. No problem there, I'm not a skinny insect myself either. I just find it wee bit inappropriate for her to crawl around and - well - spread her legs when there are cameras present. But I am just conservative that way :ermm: Even though, it's so hot here right now that it would probably make perfect sense after all.

It's interesting how she still looks quite modest on those few last ones, with low-key hair and that weird chunky watch and small jewellery, and then after becoming the GD (in 2000), she went all over the place with her style. Henri always looks the same; from the wedding photos to today, only thing he has gained is a few wrinkles. It's so easy for the guys... sigh.

rchat said:
I wish I knew who Marie Theresa's designer was. They do an amazing job of dressing her.

She wears a lot of Elie Saab and Edouard Natan.

MT looks amazing.

mims111 - In the US, we use the term 'full figured woman'.
MT is a beautiful full figured women - which many of us are and proud of it.

She might, she might not. But we can't believe everything we hear in the press.

Finally my scanner is working again... :flowers:

Scanned pics from the book Grand Duc Henri 50:

gd1-1.jpg

gd2.jpg

gd3.jpg

gd4.jpg

gd5.jpg

More pics to come ... :)

lisamaria said:
I think she was still quite skinny around 1997/1998, and suddenly packed on weight. No problem there, I'm not a skinny insect myself either. I just find it wee bit inappropriate for her to crawl around and - well - spread her legs when there are cameras present.

There are always cameras present. I'm all for the Grand Duchess having a good time, regardless of how she looks. This isn't a state occasion, its a series taken candidly, and (I'm willing to venture) without her knowledge.

lisamaria said:
I think she was still quite skinny around 1997/1998, and suddenly packed on weight. No problem there, I'm not a skinny insect myself either. I just find it wee bit inappropriate for her to crawl around and - well - spread her legs when there are cameras present. But I am just conservative that way :ermm: Even though, it's so hot here right now that it would probably make perfect sense after all.

lisamaria, it looks like she was just doing exercises on the beach (leg-lifts, sit-ups, maybe yoga etc.) and as Prince of Chota said, she didn't know the long lens of paparazzi were snapping pictures. I can only imagine how mortified she must've been when she saw the pics published. :ohmy:

Thank you very much Drimal! You have so much pics, I've never seen. I love that first one, where is Henri with Alexandra and Louis. :flowers: :) :wub:

Marie Theresa seems to have caught the same affliction many women catch. You hit a certain age and pooof, suddenly you have a new and bigger body.

Great pictures!
Henri and Maria Theresia are a beautiful couple! I love the pictures of their engagement (the first ones posted in this thread) :rolleyes: .
Henri is really , really handsome!:heart:

rchat said:
50883865.jpg

I wish I knew who Marie Theresa's designer was. They do an amazing job of dressing her. This dress is one of my faves. The way the lines go on it and the light, the flowing material discreetly covering her (rather chubby) upper arms...just gorgeous. It makes her look 10 pounds lighter! It just goes to show, you don't have to be stick thin to look fantastic... as long as the dress is designed correctly.

Its an elie saab dress from his couture spring/summer 2004 collection, picture from vogue.co.uk

00380f.jpg

Yeah. GDss just loves Elie Saab. (and me too :lol:) Such great designer. and these dress wore Catherine Zeta Jones too. Have a look on Grand duchess Maria Teresa gala dress thread. you will find more great photos. :)

This is one of the best dress I have seen so far for the GD. She looks amazing!

That dress vaguely reminds me of the silvery one that Diana wore, with the open back. They both have sort of an Egyptian flavor. But it is a lovely choice for the Grand Duchess.

Maria Teresa has fabulous clothes;she proves that you don't have to be a skinny stick to wear nice designs!

MT has packed on the pounds in the last few years. She is very short so each pound is going to show. However, I feel that she needs to rationalize that the designer clothes are made for tall skinnny women. The Elie Saab dress is a joke - adding those wispy fabric "sleeves" to cover the top part of her arms completely destroyed the look of the dress.
I don't know about drinking, but I believe that she is a smoker.
If I had her money and position, I would try to keep the weight down. She doesn't have to cook or even go into the kitchen and that is half the battle.
In so many pictures, she is just clutching Henri. I don't know if he has a wandering eye or not, but there have been rumors.

Back
Top Bottom