Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Picture Thread: Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That clip brought a smile to my face! Henri and MT playing together was just adorable. :flowers:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here is a video someone found of Maria Teresa singing and playing the guitar around 10:17 you will see Maria-Teresa . After she sings, the commentators evaluate her singing for a few seconds and then they show Henri and maria playing the piano together.

youmake.tv - 20vir vum 02/10/2007

I believe someone's name is Irene and MT starts around 9:32 but if you start at 8:59 you can hear them discussing the family.

yes it was irene this was posted by Lëtzebuerg who very kindly posted the link, don't you think Maria sings and plays beautifully ?

I liked when Henri and Maria-Teresa played piano together, they smiled and looked happy together.

I know you can really tell that they love each other, I loved how Maria-Teresa sang with emotion, I know it was only short but you could tell that she was into it IMO.

Yes, MT is great singer. Pierre Dillenburg said in his commentary that she is best singer in the family.

I really liked when Henri smiled at MT when she missed a note while playing. It was very sweet there is still real affection between them. I love it.

:ermm: It's difficult to tell if there's any real talent there because both pieces were simple and incomplete. It looked like a bit of fun though. I wonder what brought these two little performances about?

It's nice to see that the grand duchess plays the same guitar as moi :whistling:

:ermm: It's difficult to tell if there's any real talent there because both pieces were simple and incomplete. It looked like a bit of fun though. I wonder what brought these two little performances about?

It's nice to see that the grand duchess plays the same guitar as moi :whistling:

It's a popular instrument in the family. Several other members play it, as well. Guillaume is also a singer.

They showed it while talking about the Euro Vision song contest. If they told why it was originally recorded I missed it. I suspect it was recorded as part of the old Place Royale shows that RTL did.

Hmmm I agree Lighthouse, but didn't it say in her biography that she loved to sing and I may be wrong here but I think I read somewhere that she took singing classes, of course I could be wide off the mark here.

Hmmm I agree Lighthouse, but didn't it say in her biography that she loved to sing and I may be wrong here but I think I read somewhere that she took singing classes, of course I could be wide off the mark here.

You're probably right. I'm sure if she had lessons her singing is awesome but it was pretty average here.:flowers:

Not bad though.:flowers:

yes I agree there wasn't much wow factor, perhaps thats why it was only a short clip, plus she smokes which won't help her voice much. :)

Simon Cowell would probably not like it but never the less it's always lovely to see the Grand Duke & Duchess in a personal way. Maria-Teresa seems to me be a wonderful and beautiful person, and very honest in who she is. She was involved with humanitarian work "pre-Henri" and it isn't something she's given up. That interview she did for RTL on the national day when she got all teary was really beautiful to see

What language is the program in? German?

I know you can really tell that they love each other, I loved how Maria-Teresa sang with emotion, I know it was only short but you could tell that she was into it IMO.

She has an amazingly good voice for a smoker. Actually, I thought that she had a very good soprano tone.:flowers:

yes I agree there wasn't much wow factor, perhaps thats why it was only a short clip, plus she smokes which won't help her voice much. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never actually saw MT smoke. Has anyone else? I know Henri, Guillaume, Felix, Tessy, and even Sebastien smoke. I have never saw MT, Alexandra or Louis smoking. Though, I'm pretty sure Louis probably does.

:previous: no I haven't seen pictures of the grand duchess smoking. But wow, passive smoking is a real possibility.

and I really liked when I sing and it was in Spanish but I would love to hear her speaking in Spanish, say he has a Cuban accent. Has anyone heard to MT speak Spanish?

and I see that many in the family are smokers. Who do not smoke?

I have never actually saw MT smoke. Has anyone else? I know Henri, Guillaume, Felix, Tessy, and even Sebastien smoke. I have never saw MT, Alexandra or Louis smoking. Though, I'm pretty sure Louis probably does.

It was in a thread on here that said she smoked, Im pretty sure in the thread concerning her recent operation that someone stated she smoked, if you like i can find the thread, Im not sure myself, but it was discussed elsewhere.

It was in a thread on here that said she smoked, Im pretty sure in the thread concerning her recent operation that someone stated she smoked, if you like i can find the thread, Im not sure myself, but it was discussed elsewhere.

Actually, I think it was me who said she smoked in thread about her operation. I'm sure she does - the whole family smokes. I just never saw a picture of it. Maybe I have I just don't remember it.

Ah its ok, I mean I wasn't sure but I remember reading she smoked. I cannot believe that sebastian smokes, the lad isn't even 18 yet, but I understand that smoking is the norm. Does anyone know the legal smoking age over there, ours was 16 i the U.K but is now 18.

On August 11 2006 a new tobacco control law came which prohibit tobacco to be sold to people under the age of 16.

Is that in Luxembourg though ? Im aware about it here in the U.K, but I was wondering about Luxembourg, France etc, but thanks anyway. :)

I was talking about Luxembourg. Missed typing that in the previous post

Oh sorry darling, thankyou for the information it was most helpful :)

Ah its ok, I mean I wasn't sure but I remember reading she smoked. I cannot believe that sebastian smokes, the lad isn't even 18 yet, but I understand that smoking is the norm. Does anyone know the legal smoking age over there, ours was 16 i the U.K but is now 18.

He's 17 and will be 18 in March.

Yes I know hes 17, I was just curious about what the legal age limit in luxembourg was, which was kindly explained to me in a previous post.

One would never guess the grand duchess smokes with such beautiful skin.:flowers:

I apologize for bothering to reply.

Theres no need, it was indeed polite of you to reply, and I did not mean to offend you in the slightest, so if you've taken offence I can only but aologize. I was merely stating i was aware of his age and that i wasn't sure about the legal age of smoking in Luxembourg with him being young and all.

One would never guess the grand duchess smokes with such beautiful skin.:flowers:

yes she has such beautiful skin Im rather jealous, she doesn't look her age at all. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
how do you know Sebastien smokes? I"m just interested as I've never seen a picture of anyone but Guillaume smoking (from a while ago).

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom