The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 06:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhcp
Is there any truth to the rumour that the GD'ess is hitting the bottle?
I'm not sure, but I have pictures of her going back a long way. The other day I was looking at pictures of her from just 1997 & she's gained a lot of weight really quickly. Maybe it is the stress of being Grand Duchess or maybe there is some truth to the rumour about the Grand Duke. Who knows.

Old 10-20-2003, 02:50 PM
Aristocracy

Not to be impolite, but the way her weight is going, it is pretty hard on another spouse, I figure, unless he is fond of a chubby wife. Looking at maria's younger pictures, she is quite cute, lovely, and adorable, but at some point, she just let go, and that is extremely unwise. She is in an image showing business, and drastic weigh gain is almost like a sin, just looking at Sara Furgerson. I know it's pretty hard to control one's weigh, but she has resources to do it, I wonder, why she is not a little bit more consicous about it. Maybe she just needs mental support from her family, I wonder though what her country men thing of her?

Old 10-20-2003, 03:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori
I wonder though what her country men thing of her?
If Maria Teresa was wise, she would never show her face in public again until she loses 50#.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:02 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thissal
Maria Teresa was wise, she would never show her face in public again until she loses 50#.
Wow, that's a very bold and insensitive statement to make, especially when you don’t know why the Grand Duchess has gained weight. The reason for her weight gain could be due to a myriad of reasons:

• This is a woman with five children; you honestly can’t expect her to remain as small as she was before she had her children.

• Women (for the most part gain weight) when they get older.

• Maybe she’s going through menopause (that causes weight gain)

• Maybe she likes herself at this weight and feels healthier

raven
Old 10-20-2003, 06:24 PM
Gentry

wow...I guess beauty is only skin deep??
:(

She looks to have gained weight and lost weight to me.
Some people are naturally thin and some people have to work very hard at it.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenprincess
Wow, that's a very bold and insensitive statement to make, especially when you don’t know why the Grand Duchess has gained weight. The reason for her weight gain could be due to a myriad of reasons:
I agree with you totally. I was being facetious considering the previous post.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Let's move off this topic of Maria Teresa's weight and focus on the many good things she does. The Grand Duchess of Luxembourg has worked hard and accomplished too much for us to be discussing something as trivial as her weight.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:04 PM
Courtier

Aren't people free to discuss what they want here & to state their opinions, providing it is on topic? I know that I certainly wasn't trying to be insensitive. I was just stating a fact based on observation in response to a previous posters inquiry about her alleged drinking.

Indeed, there may be several reasons for her weight gain. I don't think it's the kids though. She was slim after giving birth to the last one.

I think it is wrong to censor members, but that's just my view.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean.~
Aren't people free to discuss what they want here & to state their opinions, providing it is on topic? I know that I certainly wasn't trying to be insensitive. I was just stating a fact based on observation in response to a previous posters inquiry about her alleged drinking.

I think it is wrong to censor members, but that's just my view.
Sean and everybody else: I am not trying to censor what your beliefs or discussion about this situation are, and we always encourage discussion here at LTR, but when the discussion strays into areas which may be sensitive to other members and in some cases, when members are being rude or malicious about the topic, then we administrators and moderators must step in.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Polfoto 20-10-2003 Statsbesøg fra Luxembourg. Storhertuginde Maria Teresa besøger Louisiana i Humlebæk. Storhertuginde Maria Teresa og museumsinspektør på Louisiana Tove Vejlstrup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lx_1.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	22974  
Old 10-20-2003, 08:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Sean and everybody else: I am not trying to censor what your beliefs or discussion about this situation are, and we always encourage discussion here at LTR, but when the discussion strays into areas which may be sensitive to other members and in some cases, when members are being rude or malicious about the topic, then we administrators and moderators must step in.
Again, I wasn't insensitive, rude or malicious, and frankly I am offended that you would even suggest so. I was simply responding to a post. Why not chastise the individual who inquired about her alleged drinking then?
Old 10-20-2003, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Polfoto 20-10-2003 Statsbesøg fra Luxembourg. Storhertuginde Maria Teresa besøger Louisiana i Humlebæk. Inspektør på Louisiana Tove Vejlstrup viser storhertuginde Maria Teresa skulpturer lavet af Giacometti.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lx_5.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	22979  
Old 10-21-2003, 12:59 AM
Courtier

Sure.

I've already discussed the matter with Alexandria via IM. She's told me that it wasn't my comments that she was referring to.

Nevertheless, I still feel that people should be entitled to talk about what they want, providing that it is on topic and no one is being vulgar (or attacking other posters). After all, people are entitled to have divergent opinions. We can not all be expected to fawn over every single royal. they are public figures & thus subject to public scrutiny.

This is fun board and I enjoy looking at the pictures here. I also enjoy contributing once in a while, although, to be honest, I'm more of a serious historian. If people are going to dictate what can and can not be posted about royals, then I will no longer contribute here.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:08 AM
Nobility

Gee, I've read this with interest. I think we can sometimes forget that these people are human. Just because she has a title and money etc, doesn't mean that she is happy. I have the feeling that she may not be, and her weight is an outward sign of this... Just my opinion.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:22 PM
Aristocracy

I know I should forgo the weigh issue, Alexandria, but I just saw her picture in the return dinner event, and I have to get it out of my chest. It's quite alarming when the picture shows more than thousand words. I have compassion for her, I understand the aloneness marrying into a royal family and the struggle to fit in. Not to mention the different culture she is from. But after more than 20 years, a smart gal would find a way to adjust or adapt which ever way fits for her. Hers is not the only unpleasant mother and daughter in law conflict. She shouold focus on her own family, that including taking good care of herself. I'm sure she could find a confidential psychologist help should she need one in regards to the alcohol issue if that is true. The awareness must be there when you are around so many skinny royals all the time. So please do something to manage the issues, maybe that will help control the weight. I feel so sorry to see a great lady going downhill. I can't get over that she was so cute, young, and lovely, that is no more.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:57 PM
Courtier

I think Maria is pretty. However, I really don't like her dresses. They're like...imitation flowery flimsy 1950's style muumuus made for people with a greater girth than her. *Shudder*, those dresses make her look even fatter than she is.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:19 AM
Aristocracy

By the way, anyone see the video of return banquet of her dressing yellow orangish fluffy gown, that just doesn't suit her. But the alarming part is her walk, it starts to be limpy and unbalanced, kind of one foot is heavier than the other. I think the weigh starts to cause trouble for her. Or maybe the high heells are not going to balance the weigh. This is horrible. Do something, Duchess.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:07 AM
Courtier

Hmm, Lori, if you are really so concerned about her, why don't you write to her?
I'm being serious. Maybe she will appreciate a *supportive* (not critical) letter from from a concerned 'fan'?
Old 10-22-2003, 04:26 PM
Royal Highness

what's with the orange belt that the Grand Duke is wearing ?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	23271  
Old 10-22-2003, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Polfoto 22-10-2003 Officielt besøg af storhertug Henri og storhertuginde Maria Teresa af Luxembourg. Besøg på Christiansborg. Grundloven fremvises af Folketingets Formand Christian Mejdahl (V) for storhertug Henri , i baggrunden står Kaj Ikast (K) og Poul Nødgaard (DF).

Polfoto 22-10-2003 Officielt besøg af storhertug Henri og storhertuginde Maria Teresa af Luxembourg. Besøg på Christiansborg. Storhertug Henri og Folketingets Formand Christian Mejdahl (V) i Samtaleværelset..

Polfoto 22-10-2003 Officielt besøg af storhertug Henri og storhertuginde Maria Teresa af Luxembourg. Besøg på Christiansborg. Storhertug Henri i Samtaleværelset.

Polfoto 22-10-2003 Officielt besøg af storhertug Henri og storhertuginde Maria Teresa af Luxembourg. Storhertug Henri i Mindelunden, København.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	henri_1.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	23334   Click image for larger version

Name:	henri_2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	23335   Click image for larger version

Name:	henri_3.jpg
Views:	72