Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Picture Thread: Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO, the model on the runway is far too skinny and MT looks beautiful in that dress. I like the cover up on the arms- I think that leg slit would be far too high for anyone to pull off in normal circumstances unless you were a supermodel!

The grand duchess is a beautiful woman no matter what her size and I think she knows not to be ashamed because she is bigger than a model, I mean who really thinks that model skinny is a natural look for a woman anyway!

The Grand Duchess looks fabulous. I strongly disagree with the idea that to be a successful and proper role model in society, one has to be thin by any means necessary even if it means risking your life to go under the knife for the sake of fitting into a designer's vision, it's deplorable that vanity had taken precedence to health.

Everyone automatically assumes that being skinny means you're healthy and that isn't true. If a person is healthy it shouldn't matter what size of clothes they fit into. It should matter even less itf they're wealthy because they can just pay to have the clothes fit them instead of the other way around.

Both the Grand Duchess and Maxima of the Netherlands (who also carries a few extra pounds) hail from a culture where being getting too skinny can quickly prompt the matriarch of a family to cook enormous amounts of food and make you eat every bite, for us being too skinny is unhealthy.

Most Hispanic mother's tell us that men like a little meat on their bones, MT and Maxima got that down pat and are still glamorous and classy. We should all just focus on that.:D

I am not saying that MT should starve herself to be skinny, but I do not think that a lot of her fashion choices have been flattering.
In the past, she has worn evening gowns in soft flwing fabrics in an Empire design with beautifully draped tops which just cover the tops of her arms. These gowns are stunning on her.
The tight sheath dresses are not flattering. The all white sheath which she wore for ther 25th wedding anniversary Gala was almost embarassing. She almost looked like she couldn't breathe in that dress. She lloked like she was literally stuffed into it. And the camera supposedly adds 10 pounds.
I really think that in her fashion choices she is hit or miss --- there doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

That's her stylist's fault for not making smart choices for her.

But I think I speak for all when I say she is a beautiful woman.

Do we know for a fact that she even has a stylist? Perhaps she makes her own choices as to dress. No one is forcing the stuff on her after all- if she thought it was a bad choice I don't think she would wear it.

I agree that MT is a beautiful woman. She's had five children, plus the demands of her position as Grand Duchess, and she always manages to look fabulous in my opinion. I personally prefer to see someone at a healthy normal weight instead of a horrible skeletal stick figure!:eek: She has a marvelous complexion and a real flair for dressing appropriately for her age and status.

I was looking at some of the early Maria Teresa pictures taken during her early years of marriage to Henri, pictures of her when she was engaged to Henri and even earlier pictures, when she was a young girl. The common thread in all of these pictures, is that MT was dressed elegantly, yet toned down. What someone would expect of a well-bred, well-to-do young woman from an old family which is precisely what Maria Teresa is. She comes from an old family with lots of money and her form of dressing reflected this. Even in her childhood pictures in Switzerland, one can see this, yet, in her recent pictures, she has started to dress differently. I prefer the way that she used to dress as opposed to her new way of dressing which some might say is a bit garish at times.

I think she is quite sophisticated, and I appreciate the risks she does take. Otherwise we would all be complaining about how boring her wardrobe is. In fact, she is stylistically my favourite royal.

BACK to the thread topic--

Any pictures of the Swedish visit yet?

I think she is quite sophisticated, and I appreciate the risks she does take. Otherwise we would all be complaining about how boring her wardrobe is. In fact, she is stylistically my favourite royal.

Plenty :flowers:

Does anyone have a close up picture of the tiara they loaned to Marie-Christine for her wedding?

I agree. It is clear the the Grand Duchess' overall appearance has changed, but I think that she dresses very well. Many men and women shake things up a bit when they get a little older. When you get older its good to take a few chances and do a few youthful things with your appearance (within reason, of course).

She is still an elegant woman and it's obvious in all of her photographs. Like everyone else she can't be perfect all of the time and she does take a few risks that don't always translate very well with the public. But, I think that a little risk taking is good thing from time to time.

She is a very attractive woman, has a great smile and expressive eyes. However, that being said, she needs to watch overdoing eye makeup, so much shine on her face and hair falling over an eye, or forehead.
Regarding clothing, any hat that looks like an upside down bucket should be avoided, as well as high necked furs, or collars, or boxy cuts on suits, pockets on same, no wide belts. Unfortunately, she does need to watch color choices as well, perhaps something with a diagonal line would give illusion of height.
In the meantime, watch the diet and exercise. It seems she has done some work in this area, as one can see a waist reappearing in some pictures. It might take a while, but she can definitely do it. It's worth it.
In some outfits she looks slimmer than others, and she should stick to those as the pounds melt.

She is a very attractive woman, has a great smile and expressive eyes. However, that being said, she needs to watch overdoing eye makeup, so much shine on her face and hair falling over an eye, or forehead.
Regarding clothing, any hat that looks like an upside down bucket should be avoided, as well as high necked furs, or collars, or boxy cuts on suits, pockets on same, no wide belts. Unfortunately, she does need to watch color choices as well, perhaps something with a diagonal line would give illusion of height.
In the meantime, watch the diet and exercise. It seems she has done some work in this area, as one can see a waist reappearing in some pictures. It might take a while, but she can definitely do it. It's worth it.
In some outfits she looks slimmer than others, and she should stick to those as the pounds melt.

Hm, maybe she needs to dump her old stylist and hire you onto her staff! :D

I wouldn't go that far --- it's more a mattter of common sense. Those with short necks should avoid collars, jewelery that hides the neck. If one's overall shape is a certain way, there are tricks to get around those less favorable areas. It's not rocket science.

Recent pictures of Maria Teresa on Myroyal blog show her slimmer and much more svelte. She looks younger, as well, without the extra pounds.

:previous: I agree she does look like she's lost quite a bit of weight. And she looks much younger. Whatever she's doing it's working!

She had an operation in the last few days. I hope the weight reduction was voluntary, not due to ill health.

The weight reduction could just be hospital food and the stress of having surgery- anyone would reasonably lose a few pounds on a hospital's or doctor's idea of a 'bland' diet when recuperating from surgery.

I think she started losing weight even before her operation. I started noticing it in previous pictures.
btw, She seems to have recovered well from her hospital stay. She looks really healthy in the latest pictures released. Good for her!

Yes, indeed, good for her ! She looks very attractive, one can see her eyes better now. Glad she is recovering nicely from the surgery.

Im not sure if these pictures have been posted so if they have I apologize in advance, there from 2008, do not know the event as my translater had trouble with the wording.

ManuelDias.com - 2008.05.24 Luxexpo/015
ManuelDias.com - 2008.05.24 Luxexpo/016
ManuelDias.com - 2008.05.24 Luxexpo/017
ManuelDias.com - 2008.05.24 Luxexpo/018
ManuelDias.com - 2008.05.24 Luxexpo/020
ManuelDias.com - 2008.05.24 Luxexpo/025

these are just a taster theres more of the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess in this album.

Not new but I thought she looked beautiful and sassy

ManuelDias.com - 2007.12.07 Dudelange croix-Rouge/016
ManuelDias.com - 2007.12.07 Dudelange croix-Rouge/019

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here is a video someone found of Maria Teresa singing and playing the guitar around 10:17 you will see Maria-Teresa . After she sings, the commentators evaluate her singing for a few seconds and then they show Henri and maria playing the piano together.

youmake.tv - 20vir vum 02/10/2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom