Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 7: May 2014 - June 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=verdana,arial]20-9-2014-Ettelbrück [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial]WORT: [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial]150 Jahre "Ons Heemecht" [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial]"Eng Hand, déi hält a behitt" [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial]("Closely hand, holding and protected") [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial]At the Ettelbruck Place Marie-Thérèse, the 3.30-meter-high "Heemechtshand" recalls henceforth to the Embassy of Luxembourg National Anthem. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial]On the hand ar the mouth-prints of 550 Ettelbruck citizens who are to remember those 550 singers who had the "Heemecht" premiered on June 5, 1864 on the spot. [/FONT]

Luxemburger Wort - "Eng Hand, déi* hält a behitt"

Monarchie:

http://www.monarchie.lu/fr/actualites/evenements/2014/09/20092014-150onsheem/index.html

Last edited:
Grand Duke Henri attended on Sunday, on Luxembourg's national commemoration day, a mass at the Cathédrale Notre-Dame and laid a wreath at the National Monument of Solidarity Luxembourg.
Lëtzebuerger Journal 70 Jahre danach

I like how she adapts herself to the situation, since the Pope is South American she speaks Spanish with him even though she speaks about six other languages including French, German, Luxembourgish, English, Italian and of course her native tongue Spanish.

I am puzzled by this comment. If Spanish is the native language of each (and so it is), why would she speak to him in any other language?

I am puzzled by this comment. If Spanish is the native language of each (and so it is), why would she speak to him in any other language?

I'm not suggesting that she should speak to him in another language, what I meant is that she is a perfect polyglot who can adapt her self to the circumstances. Obviously, since the pope is South American, she speaks to him in Spanish and she speaks it wonderfully [by the way], even though she left Cuba when she was only three years old and lived in Switzerland where she spoke French, until she moved to Luxembourg where she learned Luxembourgish and continues to speak French.

Last edited:
News agencies are reporting Henri, Maria-Teresa, and Marie-Astrid all arrived at Stuyvenberg Castle in Belgium early this morning to join the rest of the family in a private farewell to Aunt Fabiola.:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom