Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 7: May 2014 - June 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Reactions: eya
Last edited:
:previous: That was as brief and as businesslike as protocol allows, but I bet Grand Duke Henri was still gritting his teeth at having to send it on behalf of himself and his Cuban emigre wife!:)

:previous: That was as brief and as businesslike as protocol allows, but I bet Grand Duke Henri was still gritting his teeth at having to send it on behalf of himself and his Cuban emigre wife!:)

I agree. That said, honestly, even though it was brief and businesslike, I don't think that they should have sent a note of condolence for the death of a tyrant.

Fidel Castro was/is a tyrant to many like the family of the Grand Duchess and many other wealthy Cubans who were driven from the island by his Communist takeover, but to others in Cuba and in the Communist/Marxist world he is a hero like Che Guevara.

Henri is doing his duty as a Head of State by passing condolences to the government and people of Cuba. Even the pope offered condolences and prayed for the man's soul.

By keeping it as businesslike as possible Henri fulfilled his duty and remained true to his personal feelings at once.

I agree. That said, honestly, even though it was brief and businesslike, I don't think that they should have sent a note of condolence for the death of a tyrant.

Nah, that's not how it's done in diplomacy. If your country has formal relations with another, you go through the motions of civility, such as sending message of condolences to deceased leaders. Personal feelings over the individual should not come into play.

A few months ago, there was news that a biography on the life of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa was to be released on December 28th. See here:Marie Teresa de Luxembourg : "Une destinée souveraine" - Noblesse & Royautés

I went to the website of the publisher, éditions Albin-Michel, and I see nothing.When I do a search using the title of the book or a keyword, nothing comes up. Does anyone know if the release date of the bio has been pushed back? Any news? Thanks!

Can I get a link to the video of GD Maria Teresa complaining about her mother in law? I tried to search on YouTube but couldn't?

Unless you are refering to a more recent event, Maria Teresa made the comments in a private lunch with journalists, there were no cameras or pictures just MT talking to the journalists who then reported her remarks about her mother in law. As such there was no video of her making the remarks as it was all conducted behind palace walls .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom