The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-26-2016, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Very happy to see Maria Teresa sharing about her own family's experiences with learning disabilities and how Louis was able to overcome them.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:37 AM
Aristocracy

Grand Duke Henri Audience

Audience du secrétaire général de l’OSCE

Grand Duke Henri at the Luxembourg's CES celebration 50 years

Luxembourg's CES celebrates 50 years

Old 02-11-2016, 06:17 PM
Nobility

Luxarazzi: New Pictures of the Grand Ducal Couple
Old 02-11-2016, 06:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Sorry , but The Grand Duchess looks not like this .
Old 02-12-2016, 04:04 AM
Royal Highness

Lovely photos although there's too much Photoshop on GD Maria Teresa. While I realize all or most photos are "fixed", I wish the changes could be minimal.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:32 AM
Majesty

i liked the pictures. i think the blue shade that MT chose for her coat looks beautiful in the pictures.

Quote:
Lovely photos although there's too much Photoshop on GD Maria Teresa. While I realize all or most photos are "fixed", I wish the changes could be minimal.
prisma, how can you tell the pictures are photoshopped?

i would expect a certain amount of retouching in all official pictures to be honest, i assume that most royal houses do it, with perhaps the exception of children's pictures.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-12-2016, 12:24 PM
Serene Highness

They have made her look about 20 years younger. The lines on her face are gone. To me the last two don't look anything liker her.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:40 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i liked the pictures. i think the blue shade that MT chose for her coat looks beautiful in the pictures.

prisma, how can you tell the pictures are photoshopped?

i would expect a certain amount of retouching in all official pictures to be honest, i assume that most royal houses do it, with perhaps the exception of children's pictures.
GD Maria Teresa's face looks too smooth and slimmer in the new official photos. I understand lighting, camera angle/filter, and makeup are all factors but I doubt they account for such a big difference. Yes, all official photos will be retouched but this amount is too much for me. GD Maria Teresa is lovely and has aged well. It's okay to leave a few wrinkles in. No need to slim her face or remove every wrinkle except her smile lines.

Here are some photos of GD Maria Teresa at recent events:
http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/pho...ESS_WEB_13.jpg
http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/pho..._ITW_JCE_3.jpg
http://www.tageblatt.lu/diashow/6207...9J1wqDoa5w.jpg

This official photo from last year was better.
http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/pho...707_sRGB_V.jpg
Old 02-13-2016, 01:09 AM
Heir Apparent

They both got a little photographic help but not surprising.

I like the black and white photos. They seem playful with each other and still very in love after all these years, at least in those photos.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:29 PM
Serene Highness

LIVE:

RTL:

RTL.lu - Livestream

REPLAY:

http://tele.rtl.lu/v/3054621/
Old 02-14-2016, 12:35 PM
Nobility

They always look so happy together. I wish them many more years of health and happiness.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:55 PM
Serene Highness

Nice documentary even if I couldn't understand what was said as I don't speak the language. They seem a very close family, especially in the footage from their holiday in France.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:17 PM
Royal Highness

I enjoyed the documentary although I didn't understand it. Haha. There was a bit of English when Gabriel ran up to the table for food (after Octave?) and MT speaking to a photographer later in the documentary.
Beautiful interiors and footage of the family's work and such.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:10 PM
Majesty

i liked the video, although i wish someone could translate for us the main things they say... particularly what the GD and GDess say and guillaume and stephanie say :)

of all royal families, these luxembourgish have got to be the closest! they are great to see together.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-15-2016, 03:14 AM
Majesty

The whole family seem to be amazingly laid back and smiles seem more in evidence that a serious mien. Stephanie looked amazing during the formal interview, her posture was amazing and her ensemble was perfect for the occasion, from her hair and jewellery to her dress. Guillaume looked totally relaxed and happy.

They all looked happy throughout the documentary, the ease with which they interacted with each other and with others as they went about their day to day activities, from casual to Galas.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:33 AM
Aristocracy

I just saw the entire documentary. I come away with a couple thoughts. For instance, what was most striking to me is the stark difference between the hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and his brother Felix. Guillaume is so formal, every inch the future monarch, while Felix looks like a movie star. Seeing Felix at Cannes and in his vineyard in France with the sun glasses, colorful pants, white shirt hanging out and the suntan, one would think that he was a famous playboy rather than a married European prince. I would go as far as to say that he is the best looking prince in all of Europe. Another thing that strikes me is how much better the family looks in video than in photographs. For instance, I don't think that Maria Teresa is necessarily that photogenic. In some photographs she looks much heavier than she looks in this video, same for Prince Sebastian and even Princess Alexandra. She is a very pretty girl by the way. Another thing, its good to see Stephanie so confident and doing official things all by herself. I liked seeing her with Queen Mathide of Belgium. She must have felt at ease with her fellow countrywoman at that concert. In all in all, a lovely video that captures the warmth of the family.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:22 PM
Majesty

I agree Rayarena. No family is truly perfect and I am certain the LRF has their skeletons like all the others. But they really seem as close to ideal as it gets...poised, regal and dignified in public but warm and playful in private.

The Grand Duchy is very lucky to have them!

Charlottesville,Virginia. USA. 08/12/2017
. SHAME.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:18 PM
Nobility

The family are also lucky to live in a country with such a tiny benign press who seem not to want to dig too deep at the skeletons, and is so small that the press in other countries more or less leaves them alone.

Most other European royal families aren't nearly so fortunate.

Tags
grand duchess maria teresa, grand duke henri, henri, luxembourg