Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 8: June 2018 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Duke Henri received in audience, Mrs. Ana Brnabić, Prime Minister of Serbia, on the occasion of her official visit to Luxembourg

http://www.monarchie.lu/fr/actualites/evenements/2019/09/09092019_audience-pm-serbie/index.html

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2L8FyIggTc/

Also today received in audience Mr. Chuantang Yang, Vice-Chairman of the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) and Secretary of the Communist Party Leaders of the Ministry of Transport, at the occasion of his working visit to Luxembourg.

http://www.monarchie.lu/fr/actualit...092019_audience-sem-chuantang-yang/index.html

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2MZKEzARB1/

Grand Duke Henri attended the commemorative ceremony, organized on the occasion of the 75th anniversary of the liberation of the city of Pétange.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2NA7yRg_jq/

Last edited:

Grand Duke Henri received Patrick Levaye, diplomatic representative of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta today, September 10:

** monarchie: Audience de M. Patrick Levaye, représentant diplomatique de l’Ordre souverain de Malte **

And here are some more photos of the anniversary of the liberation of the cities of Luxembourg and Pétange:

** monarchie: 75e anniversaire de la libération de la Ville de Luxembourg **

** monarchie: 75e anniversaire de la libération de la ville de Pétange **

The Grand Duchess missed the 2 Events , Why ? Was she in Paris ??

It does seem weird she didn't attend the 75th liberation anniversaries... Maybe the Cour is still tense following the government getting involved in staffing? Grand Duchess Maria Teresa was reportedly problematic so it could be a good idea to let special representative Jeannot Waringo start his review/make initial changes without her being around at first.

Only Grand Duke Henri has events next week according to the agenda which could be inaccurate...

I admit I'm suspicious of the Grand Ducal couple's 3-day attendance at the Angoulême film festival which was immediately after news of the staffing problem/PM's special representative. How convenient. 3 days! In 2017, the HGD couple only attended 2 days at the Cannes Film Festival to support Luxembourg's film industry.

There was nothing weird about the 3 days at the film festival as this was planned and announced months in advance and had nothing to do with the smear campaign the government launched in order to divert attention from the government problems. I just say: Tram (far more problems and more expensive than expected), the new stadium (costs exploded), secret databases about people that where used by the government when people applied for jobs...

Not a lot of news since June 23 th ...

No family pictures on Holiday . Last year the Grand Dukes invited President and Madame Macron.

No show up of the Grand Duchess for the terrible Tornado of August 10 th
No show up of the Grand Duchess in Luxembourg for the Anniversaries of the Liberation of her Country.

Show up of the Grand Duchess in France Angoulème and Paris.

Heditary Grand Duke Guillaume is on Marroco for an economical Mission

Former Princess Tessy was "Women of the year"..

Last edited:
I understand that the Grand Duchess will not accompany her husband to Japan for the new Emperor's enthronement ceremonies. Probably due to her known fear of flying.

It still saddens me that Henri will attend alone
:ermm:

Last edited:
We all know that she fears for flying , but they are Court cars to go from Paris to Luxembourg.

Can Princess Alexandra accompany Grand Duke Henri to the enthronement of the Emperor of Japan?

I guess she could but others are attending alone- Haakon and Charles - so it would perhaps suggest that they too should.

During WW2 the whole Grand Ducal Family : the Grand Duchess Charlotte, her husband Prince Felix, and Hed Grand Duke Jean did a lot for their Country.
Not only the actual Grand Duchess should be there but Hed Grand Duke Guillaume too. They should commemorate their people who died in the line of duty.

Grand Duke Henri attended a solemn ceremony of Remembrance at the SS-Sonderlager KZ Hinzert Memorial Site today, September 21:

** rtl.lu: Grand Duke and Prime Minister attend ceremony remembering Luxembourg's resistance leaders **

** monarchie: Cérémonie solennelle du souvenir au site commémoratif SS-Sonderlager KZ Hinzert **

Yesterday, September 20, Grand Duke Henri visited Cercle-Cité to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Special Unit of the Grand Ducal Police:

** monarchie: 40e anniversaire de l’Unité Spéciale de la Police grand-ducale (USP) **

And he received Patrick Godar, Director of the foundation "Share Luxembourg -share and share alike":

** monarchie: Audience de la fondation "Partage Luxembourg - Bridderlech Deelen" **

Last edited:
Grand Duchess launched the a.s.b.l. "Stand Speak Rise Up!". This association pursues the objective of the forum initiated in March 2019 to fight against rape as a weapon of war and put an end to sexual violence in sensitive areas.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B21DW0tgNkL/

It is a video message! And great that she continues with this very useful initiative. More Royals need to focus on such things instead of only supporting museums.

:previous: I agree about the importance of Royals giving a voice to Human Rights issues.

But the Arts are important as well, and a Royal house can do well by supporting both.

A loss of emphasis on the arts=the death of a country's cultural heritage.

No one wants that.:ermm:

:previous: I agree about the importance of Royals giving a voice to Human Rights issues.

But the Arts are important as well, and a Royal house can do well by supporting both.

A loss of emphasis on the arts=the death of a country's cultural heritage.

No one wants that.:ermm:

I agree, a balance needs to be struck. The ducal family needs to be the embodiment of the the country’s past & present. It’s more political to determine the future in a narrow sense. The younger generation can stray into the human rights/ political (like Tessy did) but the sovereign couple need to be more neutral or safe (especially in a smaller country).

It seems the grand ducal house has a great advocate of the arts in their hereditary grand duchess, so I am sure that area is covered well within the family.

She will take over the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte's Work for Arts e. a. (New Mueum of Arts in Luxembourg)

Oh no...this isn't the first surgery GD Maria Teresa has had on one her knees.
:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom