Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 4: February - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This week I have been of trip in Luxemburg, is my favorite place, have I loved it, and was my favorite visit the Palace, did I imagine to the Dukes that he/she punishes not to be able to have seen them in its celebration of its anniversary, we hope to be able to see them in July that you/they will have prepared?, by the way there are not new pictures

drimal said:
There's some changing in Luxembourg's government and Grand Duke Henri has to assent the alterations next week thus I don't think he will have the time to go back to Turin (although Fleur Maxwell is acting on Tuesday)!;)

Is this an all of a sudden thing or has it been planned for a long time?

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Is this an all of a sudden thing or has it been planned for a long time?

The Prime minister announced the changes during the last press reception (last week) and it was really an all of a sudden thing. Grand Duke Henri has been informed last Thursday and I doubt he knew something before his departure to Turin.;)

Does the Grand Duke and his family have royal security guard because I never see any

I believe I saw a picture of Guillaume walking with someone, and behind him was his security guard. I would assume the whole family has one or two, but all royal guards are pretty good at not being noticed.

I wonder if they like their job? ( i mean the royal guards)
So are there any new events that the GDs will attend before June-July?

They do have security. About this time last year, a former security guard was charged with threatening the lives of the family by way of a phone call.

The family might have decided just to have make it a family celebration.

sooner or later she will have to celebrate her buirthday in pubolic.. unless a short appearance on the balconyand some official photos .. I'm just guessing

Attachments

• 6890810.jpg
    6890810.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 271
  • 6890812.jpg
    6890812.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 286
  • 6890813.jpg
    6890813.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 270
  • 6890814.jpg
    6890814.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 251
  • 6890815.jpg
    6890815.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 249
  • 6890816.jpg
    6890816.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 333
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for those pictures, Cathérine! They're great. I especially love the one of Maria Teresa playing leapfrog. XD

What about any photo sessions with the press? Where do they go for their winter break?

Kelly said:
What about any photo sessions with the press? Where do they go for their winter break?

I can't recall any winter breaks for this family [as of recent years, at least]. They do go on an annual summer holiday in France, on the Riviera.

suturegeisha said:
I can't recall any winter breaks for this family [as of recent years, at least]. They do go on an annual summer holiday in France, on the Riviera.

Do they go around the same time every year? When??

I noticed that Luxembourg is a majority catholic nation, is there any carnival before they start Lent season?

Have I read that the birthday of the King Gustaf from Sweden, will gather to almost the whole European royalty, will the Dukes go?

Really? When? I saw pictures where they did attend a few years ago.

They should go. They usually go to things like that. And there isn't anything big going on in Luxembourg on that date.

mmmm easter at the beggining of april but I don't think there is going to be any official celebration.. although they should, they are very catholic

Excuse me, but I have a question.
Where do you people get all your information about the Grand Dukes from?

chocolatebunny said:
Excuse me, but I have a question.
Where do you people get all your information about the Grand Dukes from?

From the official government site of Luxembourg.
From the Wort, Revue, or Tageblatt.
From photo agencies like Corbis and Getty Images.
And from message boards like the Benelux Royals board, some of whose members are members of the press and get official information regarding the Grand Ducal House's activities, which they very kindly share with us.

GrandDuchess has written March's newsletter, with the profile subject being the Grand Duchess. She has done a very good job and has found lots of great photos. You can see the March newsletter here.

it's a very beautiful thread, Alexandria.
thank you very much for this, GrandDuchess...

marvellous work...

It's a great thread. All the pics are great and there are some that I haven't seen before that are cute and fun.

Hullo folks,
a bit of news. According the Benelux Royals messageboard, H & MT are visiting The Netherlands in April, 24-26th I believe.

-Lisa :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom