The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Grand Duke Henri Admitted to Hospital, Receives Angioplasty; February 3, 2011

He has been hospitalized today on the 3rd of February. No details yet but they say it is not serious.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Nobility

According to Tageblatt and few other Lux newspapers the Grand Duke was feeling sick after getting up this morning, the court physican noticed circulation problems. Henri was then rushed to the cardiology section of the Centre hospitalier de Luxembourg. As rominet stated it's nothing too serious, he is stable and in a satisfying condition. He was released from hospital some time before midday and is now back home.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you Saschana !
Old 02-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Courtier

I'm so glad he was released! I was very worried when I read the thread title. I hope it wasn't anything serious.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Courtier

Yes it seems that is wasn't something serious. Perhaps even the hospital admittance was not necessary but it is good to be cautious and not taking risks with your health (especially when there is a history of cardial problems in his mother's family )
Old 02-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Nobility

Well... Forget what I said earlier about the Grand Duke leaving the hospital. Indeed they were press reports but the are apparently wrong. Henri is still in hospital, he had an Angioplasty but hopes to be able to get back home soon. There was an official statement by the Court and all serious Lux newspapers report it and say that he is stable.
Privat (yellow press) cites the protocols of the emergeny service and the one who called the ambulance said that the needed a doctor because of a cardiac arrest So don't know if Henri actually had one but at least the one calling for the ambulance thought so.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Royal Highness

Soon back home after an emergency angioplasty? This sounds contradictory to me.
However, I hope he will recover.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Nobility

That's what they are saying but I think that the court is downplaying the incident.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Serene Highness

Oh no, I hope everything is alright, this is kind of scary. :/ Might sound morbid but I hope Guillaume doesn't become Grand Duke soon, but heart disease is the number one cause of death. The Grand Duke needs to focus on his health, weird though he always seemed healthy and fit, but as they say looks are deceiving...
Old 02-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Courtier

He sure will focus on his health and do his best to recover . I also hope that this is not anything too severe and possible fatal, for the sake of his family - his children are still so young ( ok all are adults but not really old and Alexandra and Sebastien are still in their teens ) But let's be positive , he seems fit
Old 02-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Nobility

There is history of heart disease in GD Henri's family. Grand Duke Jean's brother, Prince Charles, died at the age of 49 from what I believe was a heart attack.
Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte's brother, King Baudouin of Belgium, also died rather young from heart failure. I hope Henri recovers quickly!
Old 02-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Courtier

Oh no! I really hope he is okay. It does sound like they might be trying to downplay the seriousness of it all. And heart disease does run in the family as Lindy said. I will keep the whole family in my thoughts and prayers.

An up to date summary from Luxarazzi: http://lux-arazzi.blogspot.com/
Old 02-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

If Henri had a cardiac arrest and an emergency angioplasty, then I find it impossible that he has been discharged from hospital. His heart stopped and he should be monitored closely. I wonder if he had a blockage because angioplasty doesn't diagnose heart rhythm problems. In any case I'm very glad he received prompt medical care and I will keep the Grand Duke and his family in my prayers.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:32 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
If Henri had a cardiac arrest and an emergency angioplasty, then I find it impossible that he has been discharged from hospital. His heart stopped and he should be monitored closely. I wonder if he had a blockage because angioplasty doesn't diagnose heart rhythm problems. In any case I'm very glad he received prompt medical care and I will keep the Grand Duke and his family in my prayers.
He has not been released from the hospital.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Let's hope we get more reassuring news !
Old 02-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I wish Grand Duke Henry speedy recovery.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Aristocracy

That is so sad to hear. Being a head of state is a stressful job. I wonder if that contributed to his heart illness? I hope that he gets better soon. By the way, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa also had some sort of surgical procedure not too long ago.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Aristocracy

GDss had gynecological related surgery
Old 02-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Nobility

The Grand Duke has left the hospital, I will stay and relax in the Castle of Berg for the upcoming weeks.

Tageblatt Online - Großherzog aus Krankenhaus entlassen - Nachrichten
Old 02-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Glad to hear that he is now at home. That's a good sign!