Grand Duke Henri Admitted to Hospital, Receives Angioplasty: February 3, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rominet09

Heir Apparent
City
LIEGE
Country
Belgium
He has been hospitalized today on the 3rd of February. No details yet but they say it is not serious.:ohmy:

According to Tageblatt and few other Lux newspapers the Grand Duke was feeling sick after getting up this morning, the court physican noticed circulation problems. Henri was then rushed to the cardiology section of the Centre hospitalier de Luxembourg. As rominet stated it's nothing too serious, he is stable and in a satisfying condition. He was released from hospital some time before midday and is now back home.

I'm so glad he was released! I was very worried when I read the thread title. I hope it wasn't anything serious.

Yes it seems that is wasn't something serious. Perhaps even the hospital admittance was not necessary but it is good to be cautious and not taking risks with your health (especially when there is a history of cardial problems in his mother's family )

Last edited:
Well... Forget what I said earlier about the Grand Duke leaving the hospital. Indeed they were press reports but the are apparently wrong. Henri is still in hospital, he had an Angioplasty but hopes to be able to get back home soon. There was an official statement by the Court and all serious Lux newspapers report it and say that he is stable.
Privat (yellow press) cites the protocols of the emergeny service and the one who called the ambulance said that the needed a doctor because of a cardiac arrest :eek: So don't know if Henri actually had one but at least the one calling for the ambulance thought so.

Soon back home after an emergency angioplasty? This sounds contradictory to me.
However, I hope he will recover.

That's what they are saying but I think that the court is downplaying the incident.

Oh no, I hope everything is alright, this is kind of scary. :/ Might sound morbid but I hope Guillaume doesn't become Grand Duke soon, but heart disease is the number one cause of death. The Grand Duke needs to focus on his health, weird though he always seemed healthy and fit, but as they say looks are deceiving...

He sure will focus on his health and do his best to recover . I also hope that this is not anything too severe and possible fatal, for the sake of his family - his children are still so young ( ok all are adults but not really old and Alexandra and Sebastien are still in their teens ) But let's be positive , he seems fit

Last edited:
There is history of heart disease in GD Henri's family. Grand Duke Jean's brother, Prince Charles, died at the age of 49 from what I believe was a heart attack.
Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte's brother, King Baudouin of Belgium, also died rather young from heart failure. I hope Henri recovers quickly!

Oh no! I really hope he is okay. It does sound like they might be trying to downplay the seriousness of it all. And heart disease does run in the family as Lindy said. I will keep the whole family in my thoughts and prayers.

An up to date summary from Luxarazzi: http://lux-arazzi.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
If Henri had a cardiac arrest and an emergency angioplasty, then I find it impossible that he has been discharged from hospital. His heart stopped and he should be monitored closely. I wonder if he had a blockage because angioplasty doesn't diagnose heart rhythm problems. In any case I'm very glad he received prompt medical care and I will keep the Grand Duke and his family in my prayers.

If Henri had a cardiac arrest and an emergency angioplasty, then I find it impossible that he has been discharged from hospital. His heart stopped and he should be monitored closely. I wonder if he had a blockage because angioplasty doesn't diagnose heart rhythm problems. In any case I'm very glad he received prompt medical care and I will keep the Grand Duke and his family in my prayers.

He has not been released from the hospital.

Let's hope we get more reassuring news !

I wish Grand Duke Henry speedy recovery.

That is so sad to hear. Being a head of state is a stressful job. I wonder if that contributed to his heart illness? I hope that he gets better soon. By the way, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa also had some sort of surgical procedure not too long ago.

GDss had gynecological related surgery

Glad to hear that he is now at home. That's a good sign!

That is good news. Thank you for sharing.

Indeed, it is very good news. I wish the Grand Duke an uneventful and speedy recovery.:flowers: I do hope that his children will stop smoking now and pay extra attention to their heart health. Cardiac problems run in families as we have seen.

I wish the Grand Duke a speedy recovery.

Smoking makes cardiac problems or any other heath problems worse. I've known people who only quit smoking when their doctors tells them it is a threat to their life if they continue or they had a serious health scare and this frightens them into quitting. Hopefully his children will stop smoking.

Nice news, I am happy for him and his family !

I wish him a speedy recovery too!! :flowers: Shocking news indeed, as GD Henri seemed perfectly healthy.

I am glad to hear that Grand Duke Henri is back home and I wish him a speed recovery!:)

this is kind of scary. :/ Might sound morbid but I hope Guillaume doesn't become Grand Duke soon,

It makes me wonder about G's readiness to rule. How prepared is he, or will they step up his training now that there is a serious health risk to his father?

Nice to hear that he's back home. Hopefully he feels better soon!

I didn't even realize his family has a history of cardiac issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom