Grand Ducal Couple's Silver Wedding Celebrations: June 30-July 1, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swissluxi

Commoner
Does anyone have detailed program of the silver jubilee festivities that will take place in Luxembourg in a little more than a week?

I would very much like to get a glimpse at the royals attending...since I am from Luxembourg it would be a "one-time-chance" form me.

According to the Danish Royal Calender Prince Frederick and Princess Mary will be attending the festivities.

Another question: Is there a calender of events for the Grand Ducal family?

Well we know it will start June 30.

According to the Swedish Royal Calender King and Queen of Sweden will be attending the festivities.

According to HJA at the Benelux Board, the preliminary guest list is as follows:

Belgium: Queen Fabiola, Prince Philip & Princess Mathilde
Netherland: Queen Beatrix, Prince Willem-Alexander & Princess Máxima
Norway: Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit
Denmark: Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary
Liechtenstein: Prince Alois & Princess Sophie
Monaco: Prince Albert
Sweden: King Carl Gustaf & Queen Silvia
Spain: Prince Felipe
Great Britain: Princess Anne
Greece: (ex)King Constantijn en Queen Anne-Marie
Bulgaria: (ex)King Simeon & Queen Margarita
Aga Khan
Portugal: Hertog & Hertogin van Bragança

Will the GD's sisters also attend with their respective families?

yes.. I think so as they are boths princesses of luxembourg?? they keep the title no matter to whom they are married.. don't they??

Is it known that new events will give until the dinner of July 1 for reasons of the 25 anniversary of the Dukes?

I can't wait to see all the royals gathered together :)! Has the schedule for the celebrations been released?

This is exciting - another opportunity for us to 'feast' on galore of pictures of various royals!

Is Prince Felipe attending alone - that's a shame, for it would have been wonderful to see Pss Letizia

Also, i can't wait to see the gala dinner (if they hve one) the gowns the ladies will wear and the jewels - hope it'll be a tiara event!

what a great occassion! this year we really are having lots of royal gatherings!

i really can't wait... i bet the celebrations will be impressive!

a big big congratulation to the grand dukes!

:confused: Will only Haakon and Mette-Marit represent the Norwegian Royal family?
Or will King Harald and Queen Sonja attend the SilverWedding, too?

Her_Majesty said:
:confused: Will only Haakon and Mette-Marit represent the Norwegian Royal family?
Or will King Harald and Queen Sonja attend the SilverWedding, too?
The calender on the Norwegian Royal Family's website says that Haakon and Mette-Marit will be attending.

Friday: Gala performance at the theatre.
Saturday: Opening of the MUDAM museum and in the evening a private party at Berg Castle
(source; Stig at BRMB)

Some of the guests will only attend the 2. day of the celebrations.
As for tiaras, 5 years ago there was also a concert at the Music Conservatorium and this was the dresscode, black tie, no tiaras and very little bling bling;) Its funny to see how they have all changed in those 5 years, most have married and had both 1, 2, and 3 children (in or out of wedlock;)) Its a pitty Victoria and Charles is not comming, otherwise all the heirs would have been there.

Langhbehnfoto/AP

Last edited:
OH How exciting!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

This is what we all love to "feast" on, as you correctly stated, Eliza. :D

I can't wait for the photos!! :)

Isn't MT's birthday celebration planned during their wedding celebration?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is princess letizia attending another event and that is why she won´t be attending this one?

I do hope the ladies glam it up a bit more than they did five years ago! I think Maxima, Mary, and Letizia will do a fine job of that! :D

Does anybody know if Philippe and Mathilde are going to cancel their trip to Luxembourg due to the sad circumstances in Belgium right now?

Last edited:
How amazing are the changes that the last five years have brought! Mette Marit looks so young (or rather not as stylish). She still is young :) No Maxima, Mary or Letizia (at least appearing in the official pics).

Whats' going on in Belgium?

Last edited by a moderator:
3 weeks ago 2 girls (preteen age I think) went missing. They have found their bodies. :(

Not from Luxembourg, from Belgium

Oh, well that's terrible! Still though I don't think this is the right thread to announce this then...

Prince Philippe has already said that there Russian trip will be effected, it would be reasonable to suggest that Philippe and Mathilde will not come to Luxembourg (the King has also met with the families) because of these sad circumstances, Ms Griffin was just answering the question as to what had happened because some posters may not know.

I hope Princess Letizia go, she is so beautiful, and in gala dress is even more.

Ms. Griffin...thank you for the information. What a terrible tragedy.

Yes, I would imagine that the Crown Couple (Mathilde and Phillipe)will not attend now.

Welcome. :)

I hope Felipe doesn't attend without his wife. That would be awful for her. I mean she isn't even allowed to do engagements of her own and then also not attending royal events abroad? Oy. They better go both.

Ms Griffin said:
Welcome. :)

I hope Felipe doesn't attend without his wife. That would be awful for her. I mean she isn't even allowed to do engagements of her own and then also not attending royal events abroad? Oy. They better go both.

It is believed that both Felipe and Letizia will be in Luxembourg for the celebrations. So I don't think we should worry just yet. :) When we see Felipe alone, then maybe....;) :p

I am looking forward to seeing pics of this event. I hope Letizia does go just to prove to me that she doesn't live in a gilded cage.

Stellad

Back
Top Bottom