Grand Ducal Couple's Silver Wedding Celebrations: June 30-July 1, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For someone with a workschedule like Letizia one can hardly use the term "living in a gilded cage".

i read in the brmb that mette marit is not attending and that haakon will go alone. it would be such a shame if she doesn't go, since all the other european princesses will be there...

i really can't wait, only one day to go!

does anyone know the programme?

In the agenda of the norwegian royal court it is listed that Mette Marit will got to Luxembourg. The information on the GRMB is based on a webblog of a dutch journalist.
And now who will you trust?

Does anyone know if Tim Laurence will be going with Princess Anne. I know that she is doing a few military related events in France, it seems that he is usually at those type of events.

Does anyone know of any live telecasts that will be showing the arrivals, etc?

It really doesn't make much sense that Mette-Marit would not attend. The Norwegian Royal Family's website was just updated yesterday, I think, saying that both Haakon and Mette-Marit would attend. Unless she got sick or something over night, I can't imagine why there schedule would change over night.

Oppie said:
Does anyone know if Tim Laurence will be going with Princess Anne. I know that she is doing a few military related events in France, it seems that he is usually at those type of events.
On Saturday, the Duke of York is on an official visit to the Republic of Azerbaijan.The PoW and the DoC, The Princess Royal, and the Duke of Gloucester will attend the anniversary of Battle of the Somme, certainly in France. But it is such a rare occasion for Princess Anne to meet other European fellows and socialize since such a long time.
Tim Laurence was not mentioned on the royal engagements diary, but maybe let's see Oppie.

Oppie said:
Prince Philippe has already said that there Russian trip will be effected, it would be reasonable to suggest that Philippe and Mathilde will not come to Luxembourg (the King has also met with the families) because of these sad circumstances, Ms Griffin was just answering the question as to what had happened because some posters may not know.

That's why that was mentioned, then! I hope you understood why I thought the deaths seemed out of place.

Anyway, it's the day before so I hope that none of the guests suddenly get sick or something, but I have a feeling that this is going to be a great royal event anyway. There will be a good photo-op no doubt! :)

Liste des invités royaux qui assisteront à l'inauguration officielle du Musée d'art moderne Grand-Duc Jean

Inauguration officielle le 1er juillet
Premier musée d’art contemporain au Luxembourg

(liste alphabétique par pays)
Monarchies régnantes
  • Leurs Altesses Royales le Duc et la Duchesse de Brabant
  • Sa Majesté la Reine Fabiola
  • Leurs Altesses Royales le Prince Héritier et la Princesse Héritière du Danemark
  • Their Royal Highnesses Prince El Hassan Bin Talal and Princess Sarvath of Jordan
  • Leurs Altesses Sérénissimes le Prince Philipe et la Princesse Isabelle de Liechtenstein
  • Son Altesse Sérénissime le Prince Souverain de Monaco
  • Son Altesse Royale le Prince Héritier de Norvège
  • Leurs Majestés le Roi et la Reine de Suède
Monarchies non régnantes
  • Their Royal Highnesses the Duke Dom Duarte Pio and Duchess Dona Isabel of Bragança
  • Leurs Majestés le Roi et la Reine de Bulgarie
  • Their Majesties King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece
  • His Highness The Aga Khan
Membres de la famille de S.A.R. le Grand-Duc
  • Son Altesse Royale le Grand-Duc Jean de Luxembourg
  • Leurs Altesses Impériales et Royales l'Archiduc Christian et l'Archiduchesse Marie-Astric d'Autriche
  • Son Altesse Sérénissime le Prince Nicolas et Son Altesse Royale la Princesse Margaretha de Liechtenstein
  • Leurs Altesses Royales le Prince Guillaume et la Princesse Sibilla de Luxembourg
  • Son Altesse Royale le Prince Jean de Luxembourg
http://www.gouvernement.lu/salle_presse/actualite/2006/07/01mudam/liste_invite/index.html

I hope there will be some photos soon... I'm becoming quite impatient here.:D

fanletizia said:
Liste des invités royaux qui assisteront à l'inauguration officielle du Musée d'art moderne Grand-Duc Jean

Inauguration officielle le 1er juillet
Premier musée d’art contemporain au Luxembourg

(liste alphabétique par pays)
Monarchies régnantes
  • Leurs Altesses Royales le Duc et la Duchesse de Brabant
  • Sa Majesté la Reine Fabiola
  • Leurs Altesses Royales le Prince Héritier et la Princesse Héritière du Danemark
  • Their Royal Highnesses Prince El Hassan Bin Talal and Princess Sarvath of Jordan
  • Leurs Altesses Sérénissimes le Prince Philipe et la Princesse Isabelle de Liechtenstein
  • Son Altesse Sérénissime le Prince Souverain de Monaco
  • Son Altesse Royale le Prince Héritier de Norvège
  • Leurs Majestés le Roi et la Reine de Suède
Monarchies non régnantes
  • Their Royal Highnesses the Duke Dom Duarte Pio and Duchess Dona Isabel of Bragança
  • Leurs Majestés le Roi et la Reine de Bulgarie
  • Their Majesties King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece
  • His Highness The Aga Khan
Membres de la famille de S.A.R. le Grand-Duc
  • Son Altesse Royale le Grand-Duc Jean de Luxembourg
  • Leurs Altesses Impériales et Royales l'Archiduc Christian et l'Archiduchesse Marie-Astric d'Autriche
  • Son Altesse Sérénissime le Prince Nicolas et Son Altesse Royale la Princesse Margaretha de Liechtenstein
  • Leurs Altesses Royales le Prince Guillaume et la Princesse Sibilla de Luxembourg
  • Son Altesse Royale le Prince Jean de Luxembourg
http://www.gouvernement.lu/salle_presse/actualite/2006/07/01mudam/liste_invite/index.html

Fanletizia, are not the Princes of Asturias invited?

Felipe and Letizia is only attendning the dinner and dance on saturday, this is the questlist for the opening of the museum, Maxima, Willem Alexander and Beatrix is also only attening that event
H.M.Margrethe said:
Perhaps it´s becuse her daugther Ingrid Alexandra is ill ?
Or is it because she still don´t like to fly ?
I dont think we should speculate that someone is ill unless we know something, and its not fare of flying, she just flew to Thailand, and has flown Europe round on business and on pleassure, obioulsy something has happened since the calendar was updated on Wednesday morning when she was listed as going.

The firts pics.

Attachments

• 3237501.jpg
    3237501.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 9,596
  • 3237503.jpg
    3237503.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 503
  • 3237564.jpg
    3237564.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 697
  • 3237566.jpg
    3237566.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,128
They are spectacular,:):):), the Great Duquesa María Teresa this super elegant and very pretty of white.¡That happiness!!

Virnabrisa2000 said:
They are spectacular,:):):), the Great Duquesa María Teresa this super elegant and very pretty of white.¡That happiness!!
You can't be super thin and look terrific.
luxembourg_royal_25th_anniversary_lux104.jpg
:) Great Duchess looks stunning.

Source: AP Photo/Nicolas Bouvy

Last edited:
I love white on MT too. anyway, Queen Sophia's green dress are lovely.

Fabiola and Albert.

Attachments

• 3237574.jpg
    3237574.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 428
  • 3237577.jpg
    3237577.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 674
Pardon Marilla, but the expression doesn't sometimes come out very well me, my English is not very correct.:)
The Great Duchess this very elegant one:)

I love Maria Teresa's dress. She has made me feel proud to be cuban. I am so glad for her. She has the perfect marriage with a more than wounderful children. I am so happy for her.

legnavirginia2006 said:
I love Maria Teresa's dress...
Maybe this is another dress by Elie Saab.

Last edited:
Maria-Theresa looks great and radiant as always! But I have to say that Queen Fabiola looks remarkably well to, a nice (modern) change which makes her look younger then in the flowerdress she wore during the dutch statevisit. Good to see her anyway.

BTW does anybody know if Helene Vestur is attending (wife of Prince Jean).

Virnabrisa2000 said:
Pardon Marilla, but the expression doesn't sometimes come out very well me, my English is not very correct.:)
The Great Duchess this very elegant one:)

Virnabrisa, I believe Marilla meant to say that one doesn't have to be super thin to consider beautiful or terrific looking. Beauty comes in all shapes, sizes, ethnic backgrounds, race, and so on. Perhaps that is what she meant.

The Grand Duke and Grand Duchess look radiant! Thanks for posting these early pics everyone.

:)

from getty

Attachments

• 71343212.jpg
    71343212.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 456
GlitteringTiaras said:
Virnabrisa, I believe Marilla meant to say that one doesn't have to be super thin to consider beautiful or terrific looking. Beauty comes in all shapes, sizes, ethnic backgrounds, race, and so on. Perhaps that is what she meant...

Yes, I want say this.

Princess Rosario wears nice dress, too. But I don't like her make-up and hair.
Source: Gettyimages

Gallery:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState%7c0%7c0%7c-1%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c7%7c%7csilver+anniversary+luxembourg%7c2233391784121335%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=7&tag=1

Attachments

• luxemburg.jpg
    luxemburg.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 585
Last edited:
Thank you for the correction Marilla and GlitteringTiaras,:), the truth is that I didn't mean anything of thinness, intent to express me the better podible, but this time has gone to my translator, and I believe that the meaning has not been the correct one, excuse the nuisances, and again thank you for the correction, if I have expressed that, it has not been my intention, and it is not what I think.
It is the first video in connection with this noche:http://www.rtl.lu/tele/livestream/index.rtl?live=high
I hope it is seen and that the link is the correct one.

from getty and anp

000ffsdfsd.jpg

f3243224.jpg

005275.jpg

Back
Top Bottom