The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Courtier

Was Tessy (don't know if the spelling is right) there? I haven't seen her anywhere in the pictures.

Old 07-02-2006, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

thanks for pics!

CP Mathilde looks so lovely dress but i would agree with posts because CP Mathilde would really as Princess Classic half black and half white well done,Mathilde! but Mathilde always good stylish!

but im sure Royals ladies really looks good on stylish on evening clothes and daytimes clothes also but i would agree with posts about HM Queen Slivia's outfits with pants but dont blame her but she chose outfits for attend fesitivies.

Grandduchess looks nice evening dress with white dress and gold dress both looks so lovely and more glorious of GD M-T but she always still as stylish lots!

Old 07-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Aristocracy

Because continue discussing and affirming that mainly the princes were not when others do not appear either in any photo when it assumes that also they have attended? wait for morning so that leave more photos and the officials and some articles and soon will be able to say that were or no.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
isabel de heredia, duchess of braganza is gorgeous.
In did she is... if my contry become a mornaqui we gona have a very beutiful queen

Princess Mary don't go to the long dress ball??
Old 07-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

I'm so dissapointed we were not able to see Mary, Letizia, Máxima, Felipe, Frederik, Willem-Alexander and Haakon at the gala dinner :(
Old 07-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Courtier

I think the most appropriate description of Princess Kalina would be that she looks like something out of Star Wars
Old 07-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Saying that they are so much busier and have so much more important things to do than all the other royals is quite rude IMO.
I agree Larzen. I think that in every country those responsible for setting the agendas of their respective royals would say that the activities scheduled for their kings, queens, princes and princesses are important in representing the interests or social agenda of their people. It's not fair to say that the Princes of Asturias have an agenda in Spain that is more important than the agenda of the Princes of Orange or the Crown Princely couples of Belgium or Denmark.

And as other members have stated, this wasn't merely a party. True, that it was an opportunity for Felipe and Letizia to pay back Henri and Maria-Teresa and their son Guillaume for attending their wedding, but it was also an opportunity for Felipe and Letizia to relax and socialize with their counterparts.

Their jobs are unlike those had by others and Frederik and Mary, Haakon, Phillippe and Mathilde can provide insight into their roles and jobs like no one else can. Although the expectations are different for each of the Crown Princely couples, there are common threads and its an opportunity for these royals to bond.

Consider previous royal gatherings such as the Norwegian King and Queen's joint 60th birthday celebrations a few years ago. Over those few days it was clear that the queens and kings from the various monarchies were friendly with each other by how they socialized and interacted with each other in the pictures we saw. Or consider the traditions of the current queens, such as Margrethe and Sonja skiing together during the winter months or Margrethe paying Elizabeth II a visit whenever she is in London to do her Christmas shopping.

In 20, 30 years from now will we see similar pictures or hear of similar traditions by the current crown princes who would be queens? Or will we see the same bond that Beatrix and Sofia share?

I think the agenda of the Princes of Asturias is important, but so was this occasion. It's not as if these parties happen every week or that this couple has a 25th anniversary every night. I think that whatever their agenda, this occasion was an important part of it.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Courtier

I still believe that those MIA royals were there at the gala. Could it be that there's another entrance to the palace?
Old 07-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
I still believe that those MIA royals were there at the gala. Could it be that there's another entrance to the palace?
Or it could simply be that a lot of those MIA royals just didn't get as much media spotlight as everyone else did. It does seem that with each news/ press group there are curtain royals that get more attention because the news/press groups feel that their customers would rather see them than the other royals.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Aristocracy

Alexandria,

I think you're absolutely right.

This event was important for Felipe and Letizia. As crown princess they need to socialize with the CPs of other nations.

I understand they've recently had some very busy weeks but they never attend any events hosted by other royal families. The only event I can remember them attending was the Jordanian wedding back in 2004.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I agree Larzen. I think that in every country those responsible for setting the agendas of their respective royals would say that the activities scheduled for their kings, queens, princes and princesses are important in representing the interests or social agenda of their people. It's not fair to say that the Princes of Asturias have an agenda in Spain that is more important than the agenda of the Princes of Orange or the Crown Princely couples of Belgium or Denmark.

And as other members have stated, this wasn't merely a party. True, that it was an opportunity for Felipe and Letizia to pay back Henri and Maria-Teresa and their son Guillaume for attending their wedding, but it was also an opportunity for Felipe and Letizia to relax and socialize with their counterparts.

Their jobs are unlike those had by others and Frederik and Mary, Haakon, Phillippe and Mathilde can provide insight into their roles and jobs like no one else can. Although the expectations are different for each of the Crown Princely couples, there are common threads and its an opportunity for these royals to bond.

Consider previous royal gatherings such as the Norwegian King and Queen's joint 60th birthday celebrations a few years ago. Over those few days it was clear that the queens and kings from the various monarchies were friendly with each other by how they socialized and interacted with each other in the pictures we saw. Or consider the traditions of the current queens, such as Margrethe and Sonja skiing together during the winter months or Margrethe paying Elizabeth II a visit whenever she is in London to do her Christmas shopping.

In 20, 30 years from now will we see similar pictures or hear of similar traditions by the current crown princes who would be queens? Or will we see the same bond that Beatrix and Sofia share?

I think the agenda of the Princes of Asturias is important, but so was this occasion. It's not as if these parties happen every week or that this couple has a 25th anniversary every night. I think that whatever their agenda, this occasion was an important part of it.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:23 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim_lady
Or it could simply be that a lot of those MIA royals just didn't get as much media spotlight as everyone else did. It does seem that with each news/ press group there are curtain royals that get more attention because the news/press groups feel that their customers would rather see them than the other royals.
not sure that reasoning is correct - if you look at the photos from the other events there were plenty of photos of fred and mary. it seems odd that there are suddenly none of them for this one event, 6 hours after there were masses of them at the daytime event.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim_lady
While we can definitely go back and forth why certain Royals went MIA or reasons why they were not seen.....I think that we can get a consensus that if Felipe & Letizia, and/or Mary & Frederick had been in attendance there would have been a picture :) These couples definitely get their share of attention.

Old 07-03-2006, 06:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldt20
Alexandria,

I think you're absolutely right.

This event was important for Felipe and Letizia. As crown princess they need to socialize with the CPs of other nations.

I understand they've recently had some very busy weeks but they never attend any events hosted by other royal families. The only event I can remember them attending was the Jordanian wedding back in 2004.
Hello?!?! They were to attend these celebrations in Luxembourg. Felipe told it once to the journalists and then The House of the King announced it (on Saturday, I suppose) to the Spanish news agency. Something must have happened in the last moment. Maybe they didn't feel well or Leonor was a bit ill or sth like that. We can't say that they didn't come there since they don't want to socialize with other royals or they aren't conscious how important this event was or that they are ungraceful and don't want to pay a tribute back after their wedding. They surely had a very serious reason not to come.

Old 07-03-2006, 06:46 AM
Aristocracy

A geography class would not come to them bad

Exact, something important happened so that they to last hour were not and had to go Elena with a repeated dress. So without knowing the reasons do not accuse nor say things that are not please.

Or to case you create that the prince is going to decide that he went; if knew that they did not go? is ridiculous and elena if knew that was going to go had not worn repeated dress, that insurance.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

What an excellent idea to put the map of Spain to explain a little how hard are the officiel acts of the Princes of Asturias;

For me it's an evidence that I recall at each time that I can because I'm not sure that people can understand how it's difficult for the Princess to be allways absolutly immpeccable in keeping elegancy and confort fot such acts.

At each time, I emphasize how it will be hard to Letizia to keep for a day very far away of her house, all the appearences;

It's the reason why I'm sure her warderobe is choozen in this aim; the Princess might to dress to be absolutly perfect duting her day trip rather than to be a fashion icone for cutting ribbon.

I know it's difficult to understand that because it's allways pleasant to imagine it's very easy to have the best and the nicest dress for a Princess, but when you have to travel a lot by very hot day, may be you can prefere confortable outfit to be allways in accordance to situation.

Nevertheless, for me the Princess is allways dress with tast, elegance, discretion and efficiency; can you imgine the princess in Prada or Armani when she is visiting factories, minusvalid hospitals and so on...
Old 07-03-2006, 07:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIS
A geography class would not come to them bad
However charming to be told to take a geography lesson, even if Norway and Sweden is smaller in terms of square km, the distances in the country is not because they are long and narrow countries. Forinstance from Oslo to the most North of Norway (where Haakon was the same day he flew to Luxemburg) it is about 2000 km, So just that day he had 4000 km in the air before he even got on the plane to Luxemburg http://www.carent.no/avstander_n.htm

From Stockholm to the North its a little shorter but still the distances are looong, and the Swedish and Norwegian courts are also concious to visit all part of the country:) Also the out of the way places in the north where one also has to add driving to get from the small airports. Also the Capitals where they reside is situated quite far south in the country and not in the middle. I dont says that Felipe and Letizia are lazy, far from it, and they travel alot, more than the others surly, but its nice with some other facts as well The swedish and Norwegian royals almost always flies commercial flights and rarely choppers, and there is hardly direct flight to all places in the countries.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:49 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, I think was a last hour change with an important reason because if wasn´t the infanta Elena wouldn´t wear a repeated dress.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
However charming to be told to take a geography lesson, even if Norway and Sweden is smaller in terms of square km, the distances in the country is not because they are long and narrow countries. Forinstance from Oslo to the most North of Norway (where Haakon was the same day he flew to Luxemburg) it is about 2000 km, So just that day he had 4000 km in the air before he even got on the plane to Luxemburg http://www.carent.no/avstander_n.htm

From Stockholm to the North its a little shorter but still the distances are looong, and the Swedish and Norwegian courts are also concious to visit all part of the country:) Also the out of the way places in the north where one also has to add driving to get from the small airports. Also the Capitals where they reside is situated quite far south in the country and not in the middle. I dont says that Felipe and Letizia are lazy and they dont travel alot, more than the others surly, but its nice with some other facts as well the swedish and Norwegian royals almost always flies commercial flights and rarely choppers, and there is hardly direct flight to all places in the countries.

Please, be serious, how many trip are doing the Norwegian or Swedish royal family in a month ALL YEAR LONG ?

It's not a competition but when a member of Royal Norway Family has to go outside Oslo it's not for four of five days a week during quiet all the month;

It's well know, may be the single one who work so much are the Prince of Walls and the Duchess of Corwall who are very often outside London;

Generally speeking it's better to compare that is comparable. It dosen't mind that neither the Swedish nor Norwegian Family are not involved on their official activities, on the contrary.:)
Old 07-03-2006, 08:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

I said they dont travel as much, it was merely a comment on the distances in the country, and the comment on the geography lesson which I found quite rude. Btw in May the swedish Queen was abroad on duty 4 times in a month on top of all her representatvie duties in her "little" country, what a slacker...
http://www.royalcourt.se/ovrigt/pres...480005640.html
Anyway I wont take this discussion further, obiously its no point in arguing about it in this forum (the spanish forum, now its moved) where there is only one right way to do things, the spanish way, all the others are either lazy, party hoppers, not serious, not dedicated, only do fluff duties like fashionshows and christening roses, clotheshorses and what not.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Courtier

Could it be that we are engaged in shadow boxing here? I guess all the guests and even the famous non-guests would laugh at us. Do you really think a repeated dress by Elena is a proof for anything?