Grand Ducal Couple's Silver Wedding Celebrations: June 30-July 1, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mtbcm said:
Thank you Mirry for the big photo :).

Now I am completely confused (which isn't new anyway ;)) :D.

Is there more pictures of Mary with that dress, when entering the party or so?! Mathilde is using that gorgeous one but we already had seen pics of it, but not Mary's.

Let's wait for more detailed news on the event...

Regards,
mtbcm :)

mtbcm

As far as I'm aware (and I've looked!) there are no pictures of Mary entering the party.

Mirry said:
Here is a bigger photo:

I think what's nice to see is that all the ladies look lovely, and each in her own particular style.

After looking at all these photos from Luxemburg, I think that "La belle du bal ", was Infanta Elena, so royal, so regal, lovely dress,for me she was the best of all.:D

I love Mary's dress!

And to answer a previous question...yes Mary has met Letizia when the latter attended her wedding in Denmark.

Thanks for the photo. Princess Letizia is gorgeous. For my she is the best one.:)

For me, Mary was definitely the belle of the ball! She's really the first thing you notice in the picture!

Zonk1189 said:
I love Mary's dress!

WOW.......What a gorgeous dress! Very vibrant, glamorous, exotic and spanish. I love Mary's dress too. I would love to have seen Mary's dress move. I bet it moves wonderfully.

Mary looks very beautiful and very elegant in this GORGEOUS dress which is pefect for summer!

Crown Prince Frederik looked so proud and happy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cissan said:
For me, Mary was definitely the belle of the ball! She's really the first thing you notice in the picture!

I agree!! She looks very elegant

Thanks for the bigger pic, Mirry. Finally we get to see a pic which proves that everybody was there!

Cissan said:

Yeah, I agree with you 100%. Mary looked WONDERFUL!!!!!!:)

Mary's hair looks really nice and youthful with the red flower in her hair swept to one side. Very glamorous and very "Carmen"!

Mary's dress is very spectacular and very beautiful. It suits Mary to perfection. It is lively, youthful, and summery.

IMO, Mary looks more vibrant, elegant, stunning and exotic than anyone else. Mary is really "the queen" of the evening.

Amen

Last edited:
Cissan said:

A " thing ".... strange word to describe a woman :p Poor Mary.....

I'm not quiet sure that the kind of beauty of the Crown Princess of Denmark will "spanish " as maja vestida WITH flower in her hair i ole , guapa! Her name is not Cayetana.....:p

Princess Kalina's appearance

Sira said:
Stallad, I had absolutely the same reaction when I saw Kalina's picture. She is horrible and I wonder how she dared attend a ceremony in such a dress.

HRH Princess Kalina of Bulgaria really is a wonderful lady. She has had a severe illness which needed heavy medication and even her nose needed major surgery due to infection.

The Princess has a remarkable taste indeed, but she is a regular guest at royal events, mainly in Spain and Italy. In the 80's and 90's she really was one of the royal beauties walking around. Her 'weird' appearance is partly her not-mainstream taste but also part a result of serious illness.

i absolutely adored Mary's dress! gorgeous! Letizia looked radiant as well, and I Loved Mathilde's dress, very Grace Kelly like. the rest were okay.

The full size version of Point de Vue's group photo (thanks to Isabelle):

Mary looks gorgeous...very elegant and fresh!!!! Colours looked good on her very white skin....Maxima is wearing the same dress she wore on M&F wedding, but still elegant...as Mathilde, very classic and elegant...Letizia looks like bread without salt as we said in potuguese...she's so beautifull but the dress doens'tflatter her!!!

I don't know what think about this group-photo. I like them all, but they looks strange here.
Maybe that's fault of the lights or that's bad copy on the cover that they all looks artificial, unnaturally. That's only my opinion.

Btw. It's good to see former GD Jean.

Last edited:
Faces aren't so clear as on normal photo. And when I saw there grad duke Jean, I had to smile. He is such adorable grandfather!

Nice picture. I think Mary and Maxima look gorgeous:)

For Purple Platinum ;) , the pics of Maria Teresa and Henry's anniversary wedding.
PDV

Mirry said:
Here is a bigger photo: (from a Danish Magazine Her&Nu nr.27)

Attached Thumbnails

All the pictures are great. This pic of all the "heir apparents" is wonderful. Only one missing is Victoria. :( All the ladies look terrific though... not a bad dress in the bunch. Yes, Mary looks very Spanish... very bold print and especially with the red flower in her hair.
It is interesting how no one knew if some of them were there or not. I wonder if they did that on purpose or if it just worked out that way. That kind of thing has never happened before. Perhaps they were concerned with security/safety. :confused:

Aside from the group picture the only dresses I didn't care for was Queen Anne Marie of Greece's blue gala dress. The pattern looked too "busy".
And Mary's beige dress at the museum. I don't know... I just didn't like the overall look of it. But in general everyone looked really nice.
Princess Alexandra is growing into such a lovely lady... she's already taller than her mother. :)

Last edited:
Is it just me or does Princess Anne of Britain look like she would rather be any place in the world besides the party? It's in one of the collage pictures, she just has this look like "SOMEONE! GET ME OUT OF HERE!" Even in the group picture, she doesn't have the happiest of smiles. I don't know too much about her, but it's odd to see her (as opposed to Edward and Sophie) visiting other royals in Europe, especially when it appears that she doesn't want to be there. Just my thought :)

The royals look great, but I, or any of us for that matter, really cannot tell what the Crown Princesses are wearing (i.e. how the dresses look standing up, the cut of the dresses, and so on.)

sorrick said:
Is it just me or does Princess Anne of Britain look like she would rather be any place in the world besides the party? It's in one of the collage pictures, she just has this look like "SOMEONE! GET ME OUT OF HERE!" Even in the group picture, she doesn't have the happiest of smiles. I don't know too much about her, but it's odd to see her (as opposed to Edward and Sophie) visiting other royals in Europe, especially when it appears that she doesn't want to be there. Just my thought :)
I agree. Also in the group picture....her husband's absence is just so glaring. Her jewels and gown were very attractive on this occasion, though.

Last edited:
sorrick said:

I thought the same thing!

thanks to everybody for the photos!Thank you all for the pictures and news.

Back
Top Bottom