Grand Ducal Couple's Silver Wedding Celebrations: June 30-July 1, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lucys said:
Mystery solved. There was a secret door, it seems. In this photo from this week's Point de Vue we see all the missing faces..Fred and Mary, Felipe and Letizia, Maxima and Willem, Hakoon, Beatrix...sorry I don't have larger, but, it stops the hand-wringing and at any rate ... it would seem some of the heated disapprobation expressed in this thread was premature

I thank you all for sharing this event's pictures but this one has become really special.
Thank you for sharing, lucys. Maybe now we can expect seeing inside-party photos...:)
I'm glad to see that skirt again.

mtbcm :)

Last edited:
Oh, I want to see this photo bigger....has somebody it?

great to see all of them together...

Lucys, thanks so much for posting the group-picture of the Gala.

Finally, the "missing" royal couples to see. It is pitty for us to see no more pictures of Mary, Letizia, Maxima, Beatrix, Silvia ..... in standing position.

The picture was taken at Gala Berg-castle last saturday.

Virnabrisa2000 said:
When this picture has been made?

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, the skirt that letizia is wearing is from US visit in New York, in the gala. the top i'm searching now. I saw the top, but i don't know where.

Thanks for the picture... It is so glad be able to see them

lucys said:
Mystery solved. There was a secret door, it seems. In this photo from this week's Point de Vue we see all the missing faces..Fred and Mary, Felipe and Letizia, Maxima and Willem, Hakoon, Beatrix...sorry I don't have larger, but, it stops the hand-wringing and at any rate ... it would seem some of the heated disapprobation expressed in this thread was premature

What a great picture! Its a pity it can't be enlarged.

Thank you lucys. You are right, the mystery has been solved. :D
It is a wonderful picture & its great to see all of them together

lucys said:

lucys said:

thanks Lucy! I am very glad all the royals we thought had missed this event were indeed there. I cannot wait to see this picture enlarged.

rchainho said:
IMO, the skirt that letizia is wearing is from US visit in New York, in the gala. the top i'm searching now. I saw the top, but i don't know where.

I think the top is new, because in USA, the Princess wore a whitish-beige shirt and the single once I saw Letizia with a black top, it was for a private diner in Portugal during their travel for the President 's intronisation.

I'm very found of this skirt that the Princess is wearing very well, it's so stylish as the design of Oscar de la Renta.

Nevertheless, the story is totaly edifying on the human "how do you say, stupity , not it too strong or not so" . No comment!

If Letizia has two or three minutes to lost in reading garbage forum(s), she can, more she migh laugh a little bite but I think that for her it's not the moment to do it

Last edited:
Maxima also wore that pink dress to Frederick and Mary's wedding in 2004. Thanks for the picture, Lucys! I admit I was disappointed there weren't photos of Felipe/Letizia, Frederick/Mary, and WA/Maxima, but alas they were there! Hopefully more photos surface in the near future. :)

the top can be that or one that i saw she wore in spain. My memory is bad. :(

stellad said:
I screamed out aloud when I saw the pic of Kalina. My husband came running to the computer and wanted to know if she went to a Fancy Dress ball and he just wouldn't believe me when I said she went to a gala dinner and dance.

I'm sure whoever tries to commit her into an institution for wearing that outfit will be committed themself for a 'late arrival'

Stellad

Stallad, I had absolutely the same reaction when I saw Kalina's picture. She is horrible and I wonder how she dared attend a ceremony in such a dress.

Kalina's style is not new and she was an invited guest.

soCal girl said:
Maxima also wore that pink dress to Frederick and Mary's wedding in 2004. Thanks for the picture, Lucys! I admit I was disappointed there weren't photos of Felipe/Letizia, Frederick/Mary, and WA/Maxima, but alas they were there! Hopefully more photos surface in the near future. :)

The picture will appear in this weeks Point de Vue,so you might find it in a stall near you next week:p

Thanks for the official group photo.

I love the skirt Letizia wore the first time she wore it in NYC. I didn't like the white satin blouse she wore in NYC though. It's way too old-fashioned and all the fabric seems to swallow her. This black top with the sweetheart neckline is so much better. I'm dying to see a picture of close up of the necklace she wore and her hairdo.

Did Mary match the floral stripeless gown with the old-fashioned pearl choker again? The old-fashioned choker ages her at least 10 years every time she wears it. I don't know whether she realizes it since she wears it so often. She should borrow some other necklaces from DRF's jewelry trove. Doesn't the DRF have any other necklace of note?

I am not a fan of Mathlide's balarina skirt. It makes her look bigger.

I wonder whether the photographer directed all the black outfits to one side and the colorful ones to the other.

I wonder whether Mary met Letizia and if yes, what they talked about. ;)

Why wasn't Elena included in the picture? Is the official photo only for the "major royals"?

Amber26 said:

Thank you Amber!A "lager version" :D is what I suppose many people have in front of them at present,the semi-finals beginning right now.....;)

just teasing....sorry.

I wish I could see all of Mary's outfit in detail. It looks very colorful and something she has not worn before.

Sorry, but I can't see Tessy. :( Can someone help me?

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures.I must say that there are a lot of royals whom I do not know.It's a shame that we only had one photo of Letizia,Maxima,Mary etc.At least Letizia is attending royal event outside Spain and get to mingle with other royal ladies.
Anyway Congratulations to Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Marie-Therese on their silver celebrations.They are such a loving couple.

Here is a bigger photo: (from a Danish Magazine Her&Nu nr.27)

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 1,563
Last edited:
Mirry said:
Here is a bigger photo:

Many thanks for the larger pic, I have just baught " Point de vue ", it's too bad because the shot is not good at all and it's very difficult to see details as jewelles or hairdo.

For the princess of Asturias, for instance, we can see she is woring news earrings and necklace ( for her ) but it's totaly impossible to see if it's jewelles of Spain Royal Family or new ones..... To bad :(

Mirry said:
Here is a bigger photo:

Wow, thank you, at least details are more visible now. Princess Mary had such a colourful dress, I don't think I saw it before. Princess Maxima seems to wear the dress she had at the Danish wedding, right? At least the top is the same.

Atleast there is more than one picture;) I really like what Letizia is wearing, I think this top is better than the last one she used with that skirt, to me the necklace looks like the sapphire pendant Sofia wore in the wedding of the Dukes of Brabandt but the quality of the scan is not that great. Maxima also looks very elegant and charming, excpet for the glaring red toenails:eek: Hopefully someone can scan the pictures from Hola (please:))

Is it the first time Mary has been wearing this dress? It's very... Spanish!:D
Adelaide, Point de vue doesn't have any other pics from the 2nd day?

Last edited:
Wow! Mary looks wonderful!! I love her dress. And MT and Mathilde look so elegant! :)

Thank you Mirry for the big photo :).

Now I am completely confused (which isn't new anyway ;)) :D.

Is there more pictures of Mary with that dress, when entering the party or so?! Mathilde is using that gorgeous one but we already had seen pics of it, but not Mary's.

Let's wait for more detailed news on the event...

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Back
Top Bottom