The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-02-2006, 04:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
This is very strange is it not, we are not seeing any pics of the "top" royals
Beatrix, Silvia and Carl Gustaf, Haakon, Felipe and Letizia , Willem ALexander and Maxima? Have they taken an other entrance i wonder, but then we have seen Philippe and Mathilde
I'm beginning to doubt whether they attend the gala dinner at all. It seems kinda strange because we see the Belgian RF arriving together (but no Astrid & Lorenz), and the Netherlands are represented (with Margriet & Pieter), and the Spanish too (Elena & Jaime). It would be strange if the other royals we haven't seen arriving separately & not with the family. The press coverage is not as big as i might've thought.
I wonder whether Haakon, Carl Gustaf & Silvia only attend the 1st day.

On the bright side, at least even though the gala dinner is held at their home, the Grand Ducal Family made an appearance.

Old 07-02-2006, 05:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sincerely, I believe that the photos not been placed, because many and all confirmees are absent

SWEDEN
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/462333-post48.html

DENMARK
http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/2000f/.../Month/7/Day/2

SPAIN
Grand Ducal Couple's Silver Wedding Celebrations; June 30-July 1, 2006

HOLLAND
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=16257

NORWAY
http://www.kongehuset.no/
H.K.H. Kronprinsen er til stede ved markeringen av DD.KK.HH. Storhertugen og Storhertuginnen av Luxembourgs sølvbryllup - Luxembourg (varer til lørdag 1. juli)

It can trump one but not all

Old 07-02-2006, 05:27 AM
Gentry

I think there will be an official portrait as 5 Years ago...so we will see if Mary, Letizia etc. were there.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:39 AM
Nobility

I am see great pretty photo Crown princess Mathilde is wow beautiful dress and his husband Crown prince philliphe with his aunt Queen Fabiola. Aunt Queen Fabiola is love prince Philliphe. Queen Fabiola is much beautiful dress with bag.! She is perceft dress and grand old lady royal family of Belgium!
Old 07-02-2006, 05:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Dressed like a princess, Mary is all style

Crown Princess Mary left her eight-month-old son, Prince Christian, at home while she stepped out in style at a regal European reception this week.
With her handsome husband, Crown Prince Frederik, by her side, the Tasmanian-born Danish royal attended the 25th wedding anniversary celebrations on Friday night for Luxembourg's Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa.
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/...174437869.html

photo by : AP
Old 07-02-2006, 05:51 AM
Courtier

PPE has the first pictures online. Astrid and Lorenz were there too.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:53 AM
Heir Apparent

now... Nieboer's photos are coming.. they're via PPE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	06070170.jpg
Views:	1490
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	253146   Click image for larger version

Name:	06070164.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	253149   Click image for larger version

Name:	06070169.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	253152   Click image for larger version

Name:	06070150.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	253153  

Name:	06070159.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	253155   Click image for larger version

Name:	06070183.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	253156   Click image for larger version

Name:	06070176.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	253157   Click image for larger version

Name:	06070179.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	253158  

Name:	06070171.jpg
Views:	1296
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	253159   Click image for larger version

Name:	06070184.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	253160  
Old 07-02-2006, 05:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Im having a very bad idea, what if the "Top royals" for security reasons stayed at Castle Berg, so simply they did not have to arrive because they were already there, it is curious that it is only the most high ranking royals that we have not seen, especially since Nieboer dont have them either.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:03 AM
Heir Apparent

also from PPE

2 - Edouard Vermeulen
4 - Prinzessin Stephanie und Prinz Erbprinz Bernhard von Baden
Old 07-02-2006, 06:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Im having a very bad idea, what if the "Top royals" for security reasons stayed at Castle Berg, so simply they did not have to arrive because they were already there, it is curious that it is only the most high ranking royals that we have not seen, especially since Nieboer dont have them either.
It also I have thought it, because except the Belgians (and here it is not necessary to forget that they are a family and there is more confidence), all the most important prominent figures are absent, and they might be installed in the own palace. They are many guests and in some place place they would have to install them.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
now... Nieboer's photos are coming.. they're via PPE
Picture 2 are archduke Carl Ludwig and Archduchess Yolanda of Austria, parents-in-law of Princess Marie-Astrid,
Picture 5 Fürst Alexander and Fürstin Gabriela zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn with their daughter Alexandra, former Hereditary Princess zu Oettingen-Wallerstein

http://img128.imagevenue.com/img.php...0172_196lo.jpg
3 are Archduke Michael and Archduchess Christiana of Austria not Bernhard and Stephanie of Baden, they are much younger.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 07-02-2006, 06:34 AM
Royal Highness

Dukes de Lugo go elegance, Elena this fantastic one, it enchants its dress and its hair to me !!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 06:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the pics! The most beautiful were Mathilde, Rosario and Claire IMO. I was really dissappointed not to see F&L, Mary with Fred and W-A and Maxima. Maybe we should wait for the official family photo to know if they were their or not. It was great to see Elena, who looked very glamourous (perfect hairdo), but now we can judge that the Princes of Asturias didn't come eventually:(:(:(

As for Princess Kalina... "Hard rock hallelujah"!

Old 07-02-2006, 06:48 AM
Aristocracy

I like all gowns (minus Kalina), especially Grand Duchess by Saab, CP Mathilde dress remind me Princess Grace dress from Rear Window. Finally beautiful hairstyle for Princess Rosario.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
It also I have thought it, because except the Belgians (and here it is not necessary to forget that they are a family and there is more confidence), all the most important prominent figures are absent, and they might be installed in the own palace. They are many guests and in some place place they would have to install them.
The “top royals” locked in for security reasons? I don´t think so. Why should they separate them? I guess the explanation is simple: they are not there.
Well my favourite royal couple attended – so it´s easy for me to accept this ;-)
Old 07-02-2006, 07:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by johann
The “top royals” locked in for security reasons? I don´t think so. Why should they separate them? I guess the explanation is simple: they are not there.
Well my favourite royal couple attended – so it´s easy for me to accept this ;-)
If a couple was absent it is possible to say that it was not there ... but when several persons are absent, and they all had confirmed their presence ... it is that there is something, and there has to be a logical explanation ... I do not believe that the Kings of Sweden, the Queen of Holland, the inheritors of Holland, the Danish and Spanish inheritors, and the Norwegian inheritor .... disappear. They have put on all in agreement????????
Old 07-02-2006, 07:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ofcourse they are there, the royal houses are not in the habbit of lying to the press, a spokesperson for Casareal said Felipe and LEtizia would be there for the dinner, the dutch web says WA, Maxima and Beatrix would be there, the danish web have even listed Frederik and Mary for beeing there today even if there is not engagements today. The Swedish couple is also listed for yesterday, none of them wanted to be there for the main event it does not make sense, ofcourse they are there.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, we cannot do a lot except for waiting. Let's just hope there'll be an official photo like this one posted on this post. I honestly don't think they'll differentiate their guests based on the security reason, if this is the case, then, the Belgian CP couple should be protected as well right?
Old 07-02-2006, 07:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Well, we cannot do a lot except for waiting. Let's just hope there'll be an official photo like this one posted on this post. I honestly don't think they'll differentiate their guests based on the security reason, if this is the case, then, the Belgian CP couple should be protected as well right?
I agree we must wait for official photos.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Does someone know the palaces of the ducal family? Did dinner be in the palace where they reside or in another place? Are guests in palaces or in hotels?
I imagine that they will have distributed the guests between different places. I say it because the Belgian inheritors, being a very direct family, are cousines, they could be installed in some palace by the family. It would explain that they should come with the family.