Grand Ducal Couple's Silver Wedding Celebrations: June 30-July 1, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
grim_lady said:
Or it could simply be that a lot of those MIA royals just didn't get as much media spotlight as everyone else did. It does seem that with each news/ press group there are curtain royals that get more attention because the news/press groups feel that their customers would rather see them than the other royals.

not sure that reasoning is correct - if you look at the photos from the other events there were plenty of photos of fred and mary. it seems odd that there are suddenly none of them for this one event, 6 hours after there were masses of them at the daytime event.

grim_lady said:
Or it could simply be that a lot of those MIA royals just didn't get as much media spotlight as everyone else did. It does seem that with each news/ press group there are curtain royals that get more attention because the news/press groups feel that their customers would rather see them than the other royals.

While we can definitely go back and forth why certain Royals went MIA or reasons why they were not seen.....I think that we can get a consensus that if Felipe & Letizia, and/or Mary & Frederick had been in attendance there would have been a picture :) These couples definitely get their share of attention.

ldt20 said:
Alexandria,

I think you're absolutely right.

This event was important for Felipe and Letizia. As crown princess they need to socialize with the CPs of other nations.

I understand they've recently had some very busy weeks but they never attend any events hosted by other royal families. The only event I can remember them attending was the Jordanian wedding back in 2004.
Hello?!?! They were to attend these celebrations in Luxembourg. Felipe told it once to the journalists and then The House of the King announced it (on Saturday, I suppose) to the Spanish news agency. Something must have happened in the last moment. Maybe they didn't feel well or Leonor was a bit ill or sth like that. We can't say that they didn't come there since they don't want to socialize with other royals or they aren't conscious how important this event was or that they are ungraceful and don't want to pay a tribute back after their wedding. They surely had a very serious reason not to come.

Last edited:
A geography class would not come to them bad :rolleyes:

Exact, something important happened so that they to last hour were not and had to go Elena with a repeated dress. So without knowing the reasons do not accuse nor say things that are not please. :mad:

Or to case you create that the prince is going to decide that he went; if knew that they did not go? is ridiculous and elena if knew that was going to go had not worn repeated dress, that insurance.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
What an excellent idea to put the map of Spain to explain a little how hard are the officiel acts of the Princes of Asturias;

For me it's an evidence that I recall at each time that I can because I'm not sure that people can understand how it's difficult for the Princess to be allways absolutly immpeccable in keeping elegancy and confort fot such acts.

At each time, I emphasize how it will be hard to Letizia to keep for a day very far away of her house, all the appearences;

It's the reason why I'm sure her warderobe is choozen in this aim; the Princess might to dress to be absolutly perfect duting her day trip rather than to be a fashion icone for cutting ribbon.

I know it's difficult to understand that because it's allways pleasant to imagine it's very easy to have the best and the nicest dress for a Princess, but when you have to travel a lot by very hot day, may be you can prefere confortable outfit to be allways in accordance to situation.

Nevertheless, for me the Princess is allways dress with tast, elegance, discretion and efficiency; can you imgine the princess in Prada or Armani when she is visiting factories, minusvalid hospitals and so on...

CRIS said:
A geography class would not come to them bad :rolleyes:
However charming to be told to take a geography lesson, even if Norway and Sweden is smaller in terms of square km, the distances in the country is not because they are long and narrow countries. Forinstance from Oslo to the most North of Norway (where Haakon was the same day he flew to Luxemburg) it is about 2000 km, So just that day he had 4000 km in the air before he even got on the plane to Luxemburg;) http://www.carent.no/avstander_n.htm

From Stockholm to the North its a little shorter but still the distances are looong, and the Swedish and Norwegian courts are also concious to visit all part of the country:) Also the out of the way places in the north where one also has to add driving to get from the small airports. Also the Capitals where they reside is situated quite far south in the country and not in the middle. I dont says that Felipe and Letizia are lazy, far from it, and they travel alot, more than the others surly, but its nice with some other facts as well:cool: The swedish and Norwegian royals almost always flies commercial flights and rarely choppers, and there is hardly direct flight to all places in the countries.

Last edited:
Yes, I think was a last hour change with an important reason because if wasn´t the infanta Elena wouldn´t wear a repeated dress.

Larzen said:
However charming to be told to take a geography lesson, even if Norway and Sweden is smaller in terms of square km, the distances in the country is not because they are long and narrow countries. Forinstance from Oslo to the most North of Norway (where Haakon was the same day he flew to Luxemburg) it is about 2000 km, So just that day he had 4000 km in the air before he even got on the plane to Luxemburg;) http://www.carent.no/avstander_n.htm

From Stockholm to the North its a little shorter but still the distances are looong, and the Swedish and Norwegian courts are also concious to visit all part of the country:) Also the out of the way places in the north where one also has to add driving to get from the small airports. Also the Capitals where they reside is situated quite far south in the country and not in the middle. I dont says that Felipe and Letizia are lazy and they dont travel alot, more than the others surly, but its nice with some other facts as well:cool: the swedish and Norwegian royals almost always flies commercial flights and rarely choppers, and there is hardly direct flight to all places in the countries.

Please, be serious, how many trip are doing the Norwegian or Swedish royal family in a month ALL YEAR LONG ?

It's not a competition but when a member of Royal Norway Family has to go outside Oslo it's not for four of five days a week during quiet all the month;

It's well know, may be the single one who work so much are the Prince of Walls and the Duchess of Corwall who are very often outside London;

Generally speeking it's better to compare that is comparable. It dosen't mind that neither the Swedish nor Norwegian Family are not involved on their official activities, on the contrary.:)

I said they dont travel as much, it was merely a comment on the distances in the country, and the comment on the geography lesson which I found quite rude. Btw in May the swedish Queen was abroad on duty 4 times in a month on top of all her representatvie duties in her "little" country, what a slacker...
http://www.royalcourt.se/ovrigt/pressrum/kalender.4.396c7107359daaf480005640.html
Anyway I wont take this discussion further, obiously its no point in arguing about it in this forum (the spanish forum, now its moved) where there is only one right way to do things, the spanish way, all the others are either lazy, party hoppers, not serious, not dedicated, only do fluff duties like fashionshows and christening roses, clotheshorses and what not.

Last edited:
Could it be that we are engaged in shadow boxing here? I guess all the guests and even the famous non-guests would laugh at us. Do you really think a repeated dress by Elena is a proof for anything?

Larzen said:
I said they dont travel as much, it was merely a comment on the distances in the country, and the comment on the geography lesson which I found quite rude. Btw in May the swedish Queen was abroad on duty 4 times in a month on top of all her representatvie duties in her "little" country, what a slacker...
http://www.royalcourt.se/ovrigt/pressrum/kalender.4.396c7107359daaf480005640.html
Anyway I wont take this discussion further, obiously its no point in arguing about it in this forum where there is only one right way to do things, the spanish way, all the others are either lazy, party hoppers, not serious, not dedicated, only do fluff duties like fashionshows and christening roses, clotheshorses and what not.

I couldn´t agree more! I really used to like Felipe and Letizia...and I still do...but these ppl, who defend blind all and everything what F&L do or not do, just make me searching for the faults in F&L...and mostly I find the excuses for them so exaggerated, that I simply think "Why don´t you simply keep the fingers from the keyboard and let the pictures speak???" It´s not, that I haven´t done the same mistake and I got also into the M&F and L&F trap and used the one to make the other looking bad (and vice versa...and also with other Royals) But in the end this defence just results in even more antipathy on the other side...and I guess that shouldn´t be the effect of a defence :confused:

According to an information of a Spanichs journalist ( Maria Angeles Alcazar) specialized and that covers the acts of the royal Spanish family.

The Princes of Asturias have been present at the celebration of Luxembourg, but they have not posed for the press.
There is an official photo of the celebration with the representatives of the royal European houses together , which still does not its publishes, but we will see in the next days.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. Then in the end they were. Let us wait for the official photos.:)

I have not said that the others are silly; to my the other princes and kings never interest to me nor I think on them.
And on the one of the geography class if it seemed to you rude, sorry; but I said it why it is trying to explain on Spain, lula

But also it is necessary to say that the princes of Asturias have many more acts or I am mistaken?

Simply I see that attack the princes single not to go to celebrations, without knowing the reasons.

Then a Spanish journalist finishes saying that they if went to Luxembourg, that in the next days photos will leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
A great notice. Then will waiting for the official photos.

ROYALS GATHER FOR LUXEMBOURG SILVER WEDDING PARTY

Dinner and dancing were on the menu this weekend when royals from every corner of Europe flocked to Luxembourg to help Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and her husband Grand Duke Henri mark their silver wedding anniversary.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/07/03/luxembourg/

Attachments

• henri-dop1a.jpg
    henri-dop1a.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 478
  • henri-dop2a.jpg
    henri-dop2a.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 370
  • henri-dop3a.jpg
    henri-dop3a.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 553
  • henri-dop4a.jpg
    henri-dop4a.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 417
  • henri-dop5a.jpg
    henri-dop5a.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 395
johann said:
Well at least we can always count on Prince Radu´s digi cam. Maybe you can find the missing ones in the background. Good luck.
Credit: http://www.princeradu.ro/index.php?page=info&cid=196
Thanks for these, johann! We can always count on Prince Radu to provide us with different perspectives photos (thank goodness he's invited to this event.. :D :D )
It looks like Princess Christina of Sweden & her husband, Tord Magnusson also attended the event (look at the last pic)

Here's pictures of Prince Radu & Princess Margarita at the Picnic Luncheon at the woods

1 - with Prince Hamzah of Jordan
2 - with King Simeon of Bulgaria and ?

source : prince radu's website

Last edited:
Dear Larzen, I read your pamphlet, and hopful not you aren't right. It's seem to me that the some Crown Princes and Crown Princess are very dedicted, for example Victoria Of Sweden who is doing a fantastic job, the Neerland ones, the Norwegian ones.

It's allways better compare all which is comparable, it's not a georaphic lesson, it's a question of good sens:D

Let's move forward on this discussion.

This thread has become quite off-topic with geography lessons and comments like "it's not a competition but ..." While some members are able to reply with rationality, others are not as it seems to have become quite personal for some.

Each Crown Princely couple is respected and cherished in their own country. We don't need maps or a list of the acts they've done in the past several years to prove that they are better or more superior than other couples.

Frankly, whether Felipe or Letizia were in attendance at this special Luxembourg celebration or not has become besides the point in my opinon as their defenders are railroading this discussion.

I do not see the fans or defenders of Willem and Maxima or Frederik and Mary or Gustav and Silvia making such a big fuss over the lack of pictures or their physical status on this second night.

You may not agree with what is being said about your favourite Crown Princely couple and it's your right to defend them, but it's not necessary to be overly aggressive about it. Such an attitude ruins the fun and the entertainment value derived from this forum.

Alexandria
Luxembourg Forum Moderator

on the 4th picture we can see Princess Kaline in background. She has no hair. Sadly she seems to suffer from a cancer

We cant say that she has cancer..at least, I havent read it..but I really hope she is ok.

gorty4 said:
on the 4th picture we can see Princess Kaline in background. She has no hair. Sadly she seems to suffer from a cancer

according to the crown princess mary message board, kalina shaved her head because she wanted to. she did, however, have some sort of sinus infection and had to have surgery on her nose, thus her lose looks different.

gorty4 said:
I don't think that is Princess Kalina, this is a close up cropped from Prince Radu's photo. The dress is different from what Kalina wore.

gorty4 said:

It is not necessary to to speculate on these things.

The Princess Kalina always has been very bohemian, and often the hair has been cut, and often she takes scarves in the head. She lives in Spain and it has never been speculated by that suffers no disease.

Yes, but the make-up seems to be similar. I think she put sth on her dress to cover. I really hope it's not a cancer.

I think that's Kalina, the guy next to her is Kitin, her husband and besides the "creepy look" matches...:eek:

This is from the website of Prince Radu, proving that all of the couples were there.

Friday June 30 and Saturday July 1, at the invitation of Their Royal Highnesses The Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, HRH Crown Princess Margarita of Romania and HSH Prince Radu of Hohenzollern-Veringen, Special Representative of the Romanian Government, attended the official ceremonies on the occasion of the Silver Wedding anniversary of the Sovereigns of Luxembourg.
The first evening, The Princess Margarita and Prince Radu joined members of Royal Families in a reception at the Grand Ducal Palace in town. Then, in the presence of a 900-guest attendance, the hosts received “Homage“ in a musical performance at the Grand Theatre of Luxembourg.
The next day, The Princess Margarita and Prince Radu joined the other members of the Royal Families in a picnic outside the town of Luxembourg.
The second evening, The Princess Margarita and Prince Radu attended a dinner at the Berg Castle, in the presence of the Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg and their family, of the King and Queen of Sweden, the Queen of the Netherlands, Queen Fabiola of the Belgians, The Aga Khan IV, the King and Queen of Greece and Bulgaria, The Princess Royal of Great Britain, the Crown Prince and Princess of Spain, The Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Bulgaria, Norway, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz of Belgium, Prince Laurent and Princess Claire of Belgium, Princess Christine of Sweden, Prince Nicholas and Princess Margarita of Liechtenstein, Prince Kiril and Princess Rosario of Bulgaria, Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor of Jordan, Prince El Hassan bin Talal and Princess Sarvath as well as Prince Rashid of Jordan.

Paty said:
According to an information of a Spanichs journalist ( Maria Angeles Alcazar) specialized and that covers the acts of the royal Spanish family.

The Princes of Asturias have been present at the celebration of Luxembourg, but they have not posed for the press.
There is an official photo of the celebration with the representatives of the royal European houses together , which still does not its publishes, but we will see in the next days.
That's what I thought because it would've been impossible that those major MIA royals were not there after their respective Houses announced that they would be there. It's just a pity that they didn't pose for the photographers though. I would've loved to see Letizia's, Mary's, and Maxima's dresses.

gorty4 said:

Let's not carry on this line of discussiona bout Princess Kalina having cancer unless a credible source can be provided to say that she has it.

Cancer is a serious illness that should not just be bandied about.

Just because she has no hair does not mean that she has cancer.

Any further refrences to Princess Kalina having cancer will be removed without notice.

Alexandria
Luxembourg Forum Moderator

I have mixed feelings over the photos and reports of this (and the Swedish) event by Radu. On the one hand, I love seeing pictures of the event -- see who has gone, what they wore, etc. Kind of feel like a fly on the wall to a privileged event. On the other hand, I think this is an invasion of privacy and if it were my "by invitation" party, I wouldn't be too thrilled with his photo album and notes appearing on the web of all places!

Back
Top Bottom