6) Grandmother Paola with granddaughter Laeticia Maria, youngest daughter of Princess Astrid.
7) Announcement of engagement of Phillippe to Mathilde.
8) Announcement of engagement of Laurent and Claire.
9) Pre-wedding festivities for Laurent and Claire's wedding.
10) Arriving for Laurent and Claire's wedding.
I wish the Queen had picked a softer, pastel colour for Laurent and Claire's wedding. Espescially since it took place in spring time, it would've been nice to see the Queen in a pink or a lilac instead of an earth tone like brown.
Queen Paola was born on September 11, 1937, in Italy, to Don Fulco of the Princes Ruffo di Calabria, Duke of Guardia Lombarda (1884-1946), and his wife, née Luisa Gazelli (1896-1989). She went to school in Rome. Her brother Augusto was killed during the Second World War. Queen Paola married King Albert II of the Belgians (then Prince of Liège) in 1959. Queen Paola and King Albert had three children, Philippe, Duke of Brabant, Astrid, and Laurent. Her Majesty enjoys spending time with her children and grandchildren. She speaks French, Italian, English, German, but little Dutch, for which she is often criticised.