King Albert II and Queen Paola - Current events part 4 - (July 2013 - current)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Albert and Queen Paola stayed in Rome and attended the Easter Sunday Mass at the Vatican yesterday, March 27. Both took some photos :) and were greeted by Pope Francis at end of the mass on St. Peter's Square.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery ** belga gallery **

It is hard to keep Faith, praying to the Good Lord, while in the same week people were hit by murderous acts while only waiting on the airport or travelling in a metro...

I am not sure what to think about this, but kudos to the royal couple for maintaining such a strong Faith.

King Albert and Queen Paola stayed in Rome and attended the Easter Sunday Mass at the Vatican yesterday, March 27. Both took some photos :) and were greeted by Pope Francis at end of the mass on St. Peter's Square.

King Albert with his camera and Queen Paola with her smart phone taking photos did make me smile :flowers:

Most of Catholics maintened their strong faith during this Holy Week and Easter Mass.

An Ard Ri . Perhaps to show to their grandchildren ....
What a nide Weather they had in Rome .. here it is cold and so windy !

Last edited by a moderator:
They seem to spend a lot of time in Rome, do they have their own property there?

Its been some time since Queen Paola had an event,which I think was Easter Sunday Mass in Rome,great to see her back!

King Albert visited the Autoworld museum in Brussels to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the museum, yesterday, December 8:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

You know Prince Albert de Liège always opened officialy the "Salon de l' Auto" and then came back privately to see some great cars. I was told that King Bausouin did the same.

Oh yes, Baudouin was really into cars as a younger man and had a beautiful 1955 Aston Martin DB2 4 3.0-Litre Sports Saloon that was completely restored and it was sold at Bonhams for €333,500 in 2011.

5becb14fb0ee174fa4f83daee4a26f44.jpg

Last edited:

On December 6 Queen Paola and King Albert attended the Queen Paola Foundation Christmas Concert in Brussels:

** rex gallery **

Thanks for Sharing. The Queen kissed the widow of Archduke Rodolphe of Habsbourg.

Nice to see Archduchess Rodolphe as well.

4 Attendences before living Belgium for Christmas and not have to attend the Christmas Concert.

:previous: oh my...the article mentiones that she'll take several months to recover...
sounds like a nasty fall..

At Paola's age this is very worrisome, concerning news, especially on top of her other reported health problems.

I hope all goes well with her.

Wow. Really been a harsh few weeks for the older royals. Sonja, Elizabeth, Jean, Silvia and now Paola. If I was superstitious I would be worried about treads of Sofia, Beatrix or margrethe popping up soon

Falls at thus age are always risky, and take longer to heal. Wishing her a smooth recovery :flowers:

Yes it is a nasty fall. It will take months.
This is sad news for our former Monarchs because King Albert II suffers from distability himself and always needs the Queen's help.

Yep, not the best Christmas season for our Queens.
I bet Queen Sofia is touching wood like there's no tomorrow!

Wish Queen Paola a fast recovery.

On the news they said she has a fractured vertebra, but no neurological consequences.

Wonderful pic and it's nice to see them visiting the Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom