King Albert II and Queen Paola - Current events part 4 - (July 2013 - current)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They actually do not belong to the same family.
Queen Paola's godmother was Margherita Pallavicino Mossi (not Pallavicini), born in 1898 and dead in 1982, who was the daughter of Marquess Giuseppe Carlo Pallavicino Mossi and of his wife, née Irene Avogadro (of the Counts of Valdengo and Lords of Collobiano). Margherita's paternal grandmother was born Princess Marguerite de Faucigny-Lucinge, whose mother was Charlotte, Countess d'Issodun, illegitimate daughter of Charles Ferdinand, Duke of Berry (son of Charles X of France) by Amy Brown.
Margherita Pallavicino Mossi was married in 1924 to Marquess Giovanni Maria Visconti Venosta, Marquess of Bregio, Cavour and Sostegno (1887-1947), himself the son of Emilio Visconti Venosta (a prominent Italian politician) and of Maria Luisa Alfieri di Sostegno (a great-niece of the Count of Cavour).
Giovanni and Margherita Visconti Venosta didn't have children. They left the Castle of Santena (once the residence of Cavour) to the municipality of Turin and the Castle of Grosio to the municipality of Grosio, in order to be opened as a museum. Queen Paola was going to open a new library housed at the castle.

Sorry for this digression, but I didn't know about this lady before and found out that she was a very (genealogically) interesting person.

Is Elisabeth (Mathilde's sister)'s husband a member of this Pallavicino family?

Exactly, Alfonso belongs to the family of the Margraves and Counts Pallavicini, while Queen Paola's godmother was born as a member of the family of the Marquesses Pallavicino-Mossi.
Besides, there are in Italy several noble families called Pallavicini and several called Pallavicino.

According to the Italian news website Valtellina, queen Paola had a stroke during her vacation in Italy.

The queen was well enough to write a letter to the organisor of the event in Grosio. She writes that she hopes to visit the village at a later date.

"Koningin Paola kreeg beroerte" - HLN.be

Last edited:
Oh no that's awful, but if she's well enough to write a letter than I'm speculating that it was a mild one.

Hopefully Queen Paola will make a full recovery.

No, he belongs to the PallavicinI family!

Exactly, Alfonso belongs to the family of the Margraves and Counts Pallavicini, while Queen Paola's godmother was born as a member of the family of the Marquesses Pallavicino-Mossi.
Besides, there are in Italy several noble families called Pallavicini and several called Pallavicino.

My mistake! :p

Thank you both for clarifying the issue :flowers:

Very vague statements from the Palace ,no wonder there are so many rumours about H.M.health!

I wonder why the Palace does not simply issue a communiqué on the health of the former Queen. That prevents all this gossiping.

:previous:

Vorsten says that the palace is stuck between the requests from the media and Queen Paola's wish of privacy.

:previous:After not be bothered with all the gossip circulating. And having to disprove later.

Paola has to be sensible and understand that unless she authorizes the palace to say something about her health, rumors will keep circulating.

And Philippe is trying to respect his mother's wishes but he should think like a king first here and inform his people about what's going on.

I think people should be informed only if there is something serious going on. If it's true that Queen Paola just needs some rest, but she doesn't suffer of any serious illness, IMO it is understandable that she doesn't want it to be of public knowledge.

Romanet,
Our King spent long halidays on his yacht difficult du protect his royal nose.

Strange Court Communication : They waited weeks to tell more about Queen Paola's health problem and now direct communication !

I wonder if we will see Their M.on November 15th?

Thanks Iceflower.
The last time we saw our former King and Queen was in May !

How nice to see again Queen Paola after the adventure with her health. It looks pretty good.

Both Queen Paola and King Albert looks quite fine, IMO. We'll see them also tomorrow, at the Te Deum on occasion of the King's feast.

Great to see Queen Paola back in public again.

Queen Paola as Honorary President of the Musical Chapel Queen Elisabeth attended a gala concert at the Bozar in Brussels yesterday, March 8:

** belga gallery **

She looks severly scary :eek:

I wish she would just stay away from public events all together if she's not going to attend any official family gatherings where she's invited to...

It's a public humiliation of all of Philippe & Mathilde's efforts IMO.

This was a very important Concert and Queen Paola is Honory president
How great she was yesterday lace dress and 3 strands pearl necklace. Perfect.
Her daugher overshowed the Queen with her tiara.
We will never see the two Monarchs together for official events.

Its nice to see Queen Paola back in the public eye,hopefully her health is improving and we will see more of H.M. in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom