King Albert II and Queen Paola - Current events part 4 - (July 2013 - current)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T.M.King Albert and Queen Paola attended the gala concert of the Queen Elisabeth Music concert in Brussels on March 26th.

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial

Queen Paola has attended the School of Hope Forum in Brussels today, April 28. The winners of last year's programme, supported by the Queen Paola Foundation since 1999, were presented during the event.

** Pic ** apa/picturedesk gallery **

King Albert visited the exhibition on cycling legend Eddy Merckx and racing legend Jacky Ickx on the occasion of their 70th birthdays, in Brussels today, April 30.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

And He said that his wife and himself have now electric bikes .

Queen Paola hosted the award ceremony of the Queen Paola Award 2014-2015 for primary schools, at the Royal Castle in Laken today, May 27:

** belga gallery **

Today, May 28, Queen Paola attended a conference organized by Missing Children Europe in Brussels.

** belga gallery **

King Albert Ii and Queen Paola will not attend our National Feast in July 21th.

I believe King Albert and Queen Paola already did not attend in 2014. It seems part of their retreat from public life.

King Albert Ii and Queen Paola will not attend our National Feast in July 21th.
Is it obligatory for King Albert and Queen Paola to attend? As far as I understand some health reasons prevent them making more public appearances.

Is it obligatory for King Albert and Queen Paola to attend? As far as I understand some health reasons prevent them making more public appearances.

No, I think none's attention is obligatory but it lies at hand that at least the head of state is present, to lead the festivities on the National Day.

That Queen Mathilde and other members of the family attend, or do not attend, is interesting but in essence it is about the King, of course.

:flowers:

:previous:
Given age and health, King Albert's and Queen Paola's absence will be understandable. Queen Mathilde must attend as she is the spouse. Hopefully Prince Laurent and Princess Astrid will be in attendance.

Last edited:
I think it is right. King Albert has retired... he gave enough of his life for us now he deserves rest.

On public Events :
We see Princess Beatrix with the new Monarchs of the Netherlands
We see King Juan Carlos and Queen Sophia with the new Monarchs of Spain.
We will never saw King Albert Ii and Queen Paola with the new Monarachs of Belgium

Good reason , they are on holiday.

Queen Fabiola during 1993 until 2013 (20 years) attend the Mass at the Cathedral and afterwards the Defllé Militaire.

On public Events :
We see Princess Beatrix with the new Monarchs of the Netherlands
We see King Juan Carlos and Queen Sophia with the new Monarchs of Spain.
We will never saw King Albert Ii and Queen Paola with the new Monarachs of Belgium

Good reason , they are on holiday.

Queen Fabiola during 1993 until 2013 (20 years) attend the Mass at the Cathedral and afterwards the Defllé Militaire.

But King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia also don't attend the National Day Events in Spain. And neither do they attend State Banquet's.
And in Luxemborug Grand Duke Jean also doesn't attend the National Day Events since his abdication.

Once the King abdicate is not obliged to appear at public events if he don't want it.

I wish Queen Paola well.

Having said that, despite a new King and a fresh wind through the palace, the website of the Belgian monarchy is one of the poorest ever. There are hardly any updates, the last one was on June 4th !!!!

I wish Queen Paola well.

Having said that, despite a new King and a fresh wind through the palace, the website of the Belgian monarchy is one of the poorest ever. There are hardly any updates, the last one was on June 4th !!!!

Actually the site of the Belgian monarchy is the poorest. They should make a new website, more modern.

Does anyone know what is wrong with Queen Paola?

Does anyone know what is wrong with Queen Paola?

Not much information given. According to the article, Queen Paola "must have complete rest.....as a result of a medical examination, according to the Royal Palace"

The article continues that, "all planned activities and visits of King Albert and Queen Paola will be canceled. What the 77 -year-old queen has exactly is not known"

The Royal Palace said Their Majesties. So King Albert II remains with the Queen and will not go to Küssnacht on August 29th.

To me they came urgently from Italy where they were since weeks came to Belgium for medical advice. We have to wait and understand for what the complete rest is.

At Kussnacht yesterday 29th August (80 birthday of the car crash (1935 ) we saw King Philippe and his Sun Prince Gabriel.

It should have been so great to see 3 Generations to gether :
Her Son King Albert II, her Grandson King Philippe and Great Grandson Prince Gabriel.

Queen Paola also cancelled her attendance of the Venice Biennale. Besides the biennale she had to cancel the opening of a museum in Grosio (close to Milan). She was supposed to open a museum in the former villa of the family Visconti Venosta. Paola's godmather, marchioness Mossi Pallavicini was a member of that family.

Italiaans dorp ziet Paola weer afzeggen - HLN.be

NB I can not find a Visconti in the Pallavicini genealogy:
Pallavicini

I did not know that the godmother of Paola and the husband of her sister Mathilde belong to the same family. Interest .

They actually do not belong to the same family.
Queen Paola's godmother was Margherita Pallavicino Mossi (not Pallavicini), born in 1898 and dead in 1982, who was the daughter of Marquess Giuseppe Carlo Pallavicino Mossi and of his wife, née Irene Avogadro (of the Counts of Valdengo and Lords of Collobiano). Margherita's paternal grandmother was born Princess Marguerite de Faucigny-Lucinge, whose mother was Charlotte, Countess d'Issodun, illegitimate daughter of Charles Ferdinand, Duke of Berry (son of Charles X of France) by Amy Brown.
Margherita Pallavicino Mossi was married in 1924 to Marquess Giovanni Maria Visconti Venosta, Marquess of Bregio, Cavour and Sostegno (1887-1947), himself the son of Emilio Visconti Venosta (a prominent Italian politician) and of Maria Luisa Alfieri di Sostegno (a great-niece of the Count of Cavour).
Giovanni and Margherita Visconti Venosta didn't have children. They left the Castle of Santena (once the residence of Cavour) to the municipality of Turin and the Castle of Grosio to the municipality of Grosio, in order to be opened as a museum. Queen Paola was going to open a new library housed at the castle.

Sorry for this digression, but I didn't know about this lady before and found out that she was a very (genealogically) interesting person.

Thak you MAfan. I love genealogy if you search you can found very interested persons there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom