King Albert II and Queen Paola - Current events part 4 - (July 2013 - current)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He did an interview in Dutch.
No word in our newspaper about his 80th birthday. Will he have a family Celebration ?

No word in our newspaper about his 80th birthday. Will he have a family Celebration ?

In the Nieuwsblad they said he will have dinner with only Paola, then open a gallery in the BoZar

I don't mean to sound harsh but ... what family? Clearly the relationship with their two boys are quite cold ...

:ermm:I don't think that either KA and QP are ready to give up the throne to their son just yet even though they did. Going behind his back and doing this type of thing shows that they have no respect for him, his family, the heir and the people. They are looking to be very selfish, arrogant and backhanded people and someone really needs to have a strong talk with them. They aren't the most important people in the world even when they held that position of being king and queen, they were just in the news. They way they are behaving right now shows how insecure they are. They still have a very great lifestyle and can come and go as they please, so they should just enjoy the life they have and have fun..............don't we all wish we could live like them now............they need a reality check big time!

RTL.be

another sneek peak from the interview. King Albert and Paola talk about themselves as parents, and admitted they made their children suffer because of their behaviour but they don't consider themselves guilty of anything because there's no point in it, plus they did the best they could with their children, considering what their upbringing was.

Last edited:
:ermm:I don't think that either KA and QP are ready to give up the throne to their son just yet even though they did. Going behind his back and doing this type of thing shows that they have no respect for him, his family, the heir and the people. They are looking to be very selfish, arrogant and backhanded people and someone really needs to have a strong talk with them. They aren't the most important people in the world even when they held that position of being king and queen, they were just in the news. They way they are behaving right now shows how insecure they are. They still have a very great lifestyle and can come and go as they please, so they should just enjoy the life they have and have fun..............don't we all wish we could live like them now............they need a reality check big time!

Yes most people in Belgium are quite critical about them. Basically they need to learn how to "retire", and accept the conséquences of retirement. In Belgium for most citizens it means less money. First thing they have to accept. Incidentally the interveiews (in FR and the shorter one in Dutch) were given to commercial TV channels. We could imagine he was paid for giving them...

:previous:Oh, do you think he was paid for giving these interviews? If so, that in itself is pretty underhanded. His he trying to sell himself as a king still in control to make money? Good grief, he isn't poor and still lives like a king, what is his problem and hers? They have servants, cars, castles or wherever they live, money, jewels, connections to powerful people and they still are acting this way............time to put them both in chains and deep in a dungeon I say and lock the door...............lolololo.
I have friends that have been to B as I never have, they fell in love with the country and I still have the paintings that they brought back for me on my walls in the LR. What a pretty place.......beautiful canals, castles on hills, someday....................

Thanks for loving my country SElisabeth.
The interview is Banco for RTL and his Journalist Pascal Vrebos.
Normally this evening we will have first in french and after in Dutch..

A really intimate interesting interview. After the latest "scandal" regarding Laurent, I started having little consideration for the couple, judging them as selfish and full of themselves. But after this, even if I don't consider them the perfect people, I at least can understand why they behave as such. Albert remembered his childhood as very "belle epoque", with lots of servants and every satisfaction. He had a nanny and was never close to his parents (Queen Astrid died when he was 1 and his father was quite a distant figure). He was close to his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth, so I presume he was a bit of a spoiled child. But at the same time he didn't live his teen age years in full, because of the war and because of the delicate political situation in Belgium, that brought his brother on the throne.
Queen Paola lost her father as well and her being the youngest daughter of an old couple, I guess it damaged her the same way it damaged King Albert.
She explained also that she wasn't at her ease when she first arrived in Belgium and the belgian court didn't let her feel welcomed at first. they sort of married in a hurry and had the children one right after the other, so they never experienced themselves as couple really and that's what made their wedding crack.
I suppose once your relationship with your children has been damaged for good and you've lost their trust, you can't do much to repair it. But I'd try to build a new one with different premises. Maybe not trying to be parents anymore, but friends, advisors...

Last edited:
So, did they acknowledge that their relationship with their children has been poor and remains strained? How open were they about that?

I'd appreciate a link to a decent English translation of the interview, if anyone happens to find one. The garbled Google translations are so difficult at times to get a true impression.

So, did they acknowledge that their relationship with their children has been poor and remains strained? How open were they about that?

I'd appreciate a link to a decent English translation of the interview, if anyone happens to find one. The garbled Google translations are so difficult at times to get a true impression.

Queen Paola says she knows her children suffered greatly because of their separations, especially because everything was extremely exposed and whatever happened ended up on the papers for everyone to see. But she also said she realized at the end she needed to stop feeling guilty and to move one.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Royals Community mobile app

Perhaps it would be best if she and Albert would stay in Italy for a very long time and leave Phillip alone to do his job without worrying that they are doing behind his back......we all age and they are having a hard time accepting that it seems.

King Albert and Queen Paola attended a conference of Professor Benoit Lengele, Belgian surgeon specialized in face morphology and face modifications, in the marge of 'des Grandes Conferences Catholiques', in Brussels on October 20:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** facetoface gallery **

Happy to see them again ; Prof. Lengele is the King's surgeon.
Queen Paola is a fiend of Mr Busine , the Curator of the Exhibition.

King Albert and Queen Paola attended a gala concert of the Royal Music Guides (Musique Royale des Guides) in Brussels today, November 28.
The concert was organized on the occasion of the King's Day, the 80th anniversary of the Association of the Order of Leopold and the 25th anniversary of the association Friends of the Royal Band of the Guides.

** belga gallery ** facetoface **

Last edited:
Pictures only of the left side of HM's face. But in his car.....
Anyway nice to see them again !

Queen Paola attended the conference 'Missing unaccompagnied migrant children' organized by Missing Children Europe in Brussels today, December 4. Bernadette Chirac was present as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** facetoface **

The office of king Albert and Queen Paola seems to make a mess.

They sent out 'thank you' cards after the funeral of Queen Fabiola. Although the French version of these cards was correct, the Dutch language version mentioned that they wanted to thank people for their condoleances sent after the death of Queen Paola.

Soyesterday another note was sent to apologise for this mistake. In the new card there was another mistake, as now they mentioned the death of King Fabiola.

The palace states that these cards are private correspondance of Albert & Paola and are not the responsibility of the palace.

Koning Albert blundert opnieuw op dankkaart Fabiola - HLN.be

In the mean time, twitter is having fun with the mistakes. Apart from some very curious photo montages of Paola, the twitter account 'Queen Fabiola' seemed happy & posted the title of Will Tura's song at the funeral: 'Hoop doet leven' (loosely translated: 'hope makes one live').

Last edited:
Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum.
Really it is embarassing, and I fully understand the Palace officials for making clear that they don't have anything to do with it.

I think Albert and Paola are train wrecks, why shouldn't their office be?

The office of king Albert and Queen Paola seems to make a mess.

They sent out 'thank you' cards after the funeral of Queen Fabiola. Although the French version of these cards was correct, the Dutch language version mentioned that they wanted to thank people for their condoleances sent after the death of Queen Paola.

Soyesterday another note was sent to apologise for this mistake. In the new card there was another mistake, as now they mentioned the death of King Fabiola.

The palace states that these cards are private correspondance of Albert & Paola and are not the responsibility of the palace.

Koning Albert blundert opnieuw op dankkaart Fabiola - HLN.be

In the mean time, twitter is having fun with the mistakes. Apart from some very curious photo montages of Paola, the twitter account 'Queen Fabiola' seemed happy & posted the title of Will Tura's song at the funeral: 'Hoop doet leven' (loosely translated: 'hope makes one live').

Wow, awkward!

Didn't the King, Queen or one of their staff notice before they were sent out? Wasn't it always said Paola doesn't know much Dutch, clearly not enough to spot TWO massive mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom