King Albert II & Queen Paola: Current Events, Part 2 (Mar. 2007 - Aug. 2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today the King and Queen were in Ghent to watch the historic parade, which was put together in honour of the 200th anniversary of the Floralies of Ghent. The parade consisted of 35 scenes, which depicted the history of Ghent.

I didn't see the King and Queen, but I did see his Royal Horsemen, they passed me by while I was walking towards the parade. A police officer told me the King and Queen would join the horsemen later. Unfortunately, they watched from the stands at the City hall, which was not where I was meeting my friends. :bang: (just my luck)

I do have a nice picture of one of the horsemen, though. :D

Nice the idea of the historical scenes, they performed those in the times of the Dukes of Burgendy too in Ghent, even Charles V got one.

Don't they have the Festival of Flanders (50th edition) this week(end) in Ghent too?

Yep, I believe they do. As far as I know the Festival is spread over several weekends. There's a lot going on in Ghent at the moment... But I don't think any Royals will be attending the Festival.

Apparently, it was a very special treat that the Royal Horsemen were allowed to come to Ghent. I nearly started thinking they accompanied the King everywhere he goes (in Belgium that is) but in fact they come out only at major events, like the National Day. So I'm a lucky girl to have seen them in my very neighbourhood!

Thats nice from a queen, i alway respet the people who do that kind of things; anyone know about an art or theathre festival in brugge?

Belgium's Queen Poalo and Princess Astrid pictured during the opening of the exhibition 'Septiformis' (Modern Art) in the the Sint-Michiel en Sint-Goedele Kathedraal/Cath¿drale Saints-Michel-et-Gudule of Brussels, Belgium on Friday 03 October 2008. The exhibition is a present for Belgian Cardinal Danneels's birthday of the Belgian bishops. BELGA PHOTO DIRK WAEM
ImageShack - Hosting :: 10610620co0.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 10610621ey0.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 10610623cn4.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 10610622ui0.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 10610625cs5.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 10610637xq8.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 10610639fe5.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 10610641bh4.jpg

King Albert meets Ingrid Betancourt at the Brussels' Royal Palace, October 8, 2008.
Zimbio

King Albert handed out noble titles and civil distinctions yesterday. The ceremony took place at the Royal Palace of Laeken.
One of the people who received a civil distinction was writer Amélie Nothomb, she is now "Commandeur in the Order of the Crown".
Some pics from Belga.
An article in Dutch and French.

Pics 16.12.2008

Minister of Asylum Policy and Migration Annemie Turtelboom and
Queen Paola of Belgium receive information on passport control
during a visit at the airport of Zaventem, Tuesday 16 December
2008. The visit focuses on the arrival of minors without papers
at airports

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

The King attended the academic session 'The Global Energy Issue' at the '3rd Strategic Energy Forum' in Autoworld in Brussels today

Belga pictures

Queen Paola comes back home in her Fiat 500, at the Belvedere, Royal Castle in Laeken/Laken, Brussels, Saturday 20 December 2008. ANP Beeldbank

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pics from Daylife/Getty
Queen Paola of Belgium assists a class at the Saint Pierre School, as part of the project "Ecole et Espoire" (School and Hope) by the Queen Paola Foundation on February 03, 2009 in Anderlecht, Belgium.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife

Gallery Getty

Here are a few more pics of the Queen today. I feel she
looked worried on several pics of the getty link, maybe
because of Queen Fabiola's health problems..

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Pics 5.2.2009

King Albert II of Belgium and Queen Paola and Brussels mayor
Freddy Thielemans pictured during a visit to the Samu Social
center for homeless, in Brussels, Thursday 05 February 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **

Today, 11 Feb., the Queen visited the Troubleyn/Laboratorium building, which hosts an extensive collection of contemorary art. It was a private visit.

source: monarchie.be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom