King Albert II & Queen Paola: Current Events, Part 2 (Mar. 2007 - Aug. 2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We saw images of Paola's visit to the expo in Paris. She met Princess Mathilde's sister Elisabeth, with her husband and brother
Does anyone know when I can find pix of the group ?
Thanks in advance

I know we were discussing this in the thread regarding Princess Eleonore's arrival, but wondering if the Queen has recovered from her illness?
We haven't seen her in quite a while! I hope she is well and has had a chance to meet her new granddaughter.

Belgium's King Albert II and Queen Paola pictured during a visit to the 'Bokrijk' Open Air Museum, Tuesday 29 April 2008.
BelgaPicture - Category details

Queen Paola looks like she has recovered. She looks great!

ROYALS KING BAUDOUIN FOUNDATION BRUSSELS, BELGIUM:
Newly appointed King Baudouin Foundation member of the board, Peter Baron Piot, Executive Director of UNAIDS, Queen Fabiola and King Albert II of Belgium, pictured during a lunch offered by the King and Queen, to the directors of the board of the Koning Boudewijnstichting - Foundation Roi Baudouin - King Baudouin Foundation, at the Royal Castle in Laken/Laeken, Monday 19 May 2008.

Belgium's King Albert II and Queen Paola welcoming during a reception for ambassadors in Belgium, Tuesday 27 May 2008 at the Royal Castle in Laken/Laeken, Brussels.

The have this reception every year? Instead of a new years reception for the corpse diplomatique, or do they have that too?

Pics 28.5.2008

Queen Paola paid a visit to "Juna" in Aalst, May 28th, 2008.
Juna is an institution which provides accomodation, support
and protection to unaccompanied kids.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Pics 19.6.2008

Belgium's King Albert II and Queen Paola pictured during a visit to
Media Group IPM, editor of newspapers La Libre Belgique and La
Derniere Heure, Thursday 19 June 2008 in Brussels

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

**Pic 5 **Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

Lovely pictures!
Queen Paola looks really elegant totally in white!
They look so much in love! Great to see!

In those pictures I am really struck by how much Prince Philippe looks like the King, and how Princess Elisabeth is the image of her father and grandfather

I love how loving the king and queen are---so beautiful to see

Thans iceflower, I only know Westmalle from the beer though ;). The Queen is wearing a nice brooch with what seem to be small black pearls. Nice that TM. pay attention to this camp btw.

Westmalle is really close to my home! But I had to work!
The look really happy on the pictures! very nice!

nice pic ; they look happy , thanks iceflower :)

You are most welcome :flowers: And here are the newest pics:

Queen Paola of Belgium pictured during her visit to the summer
project 'With Tintin in Belgium' (Met Kuifje in Belgie - Avec Tintin
en Belgique), organised by not-for-profit organisation Habbekrats,
in La-Roche-en-Ardenne, 17 July 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Queen Paola of Belgium pictured during her visit to the summer
project 'With Tintin in Belgium' (Met Kuifje in Belgie - Avec Tintin
en Belgique), organised by not-for-profit organisation Habbekrats,
in La-Roche-en-Ardenne, 17 July 2008

More from IBL

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/8597/gas2031062001873bd1xr6.jpg
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9527/gas20310620028796c5na8.jpg
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/3770/gas20310620048816d8vg2.jpg
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/9291/gas2031062005886457kl6.jpg

Q. Paola and king Albert look like very happy couple, it's hard to believe now that their marriage had crisis at some point.:)
Iceflower, nice pics of Paola. In pic #3 :what queen is exactly eating? Is it flower?:ohmy::lol:

Queen paola of Belgium pictured at the Libramont famous Agriculture fair, Sunday 27 July 2008

Didn't prince Laurent and his family visitthe agricultural fair too? On the same day of the queen I think? It would have been nice to see HM in a more relaxed atmosphere with her grandchildren.

No they visited a day earlier. And it was not an official, announced visit he just went there with Claire and the kids. He already does that for the 7th time. The visit of the queen was the first official visit of a rayal.

Q. Paola and king Albert look like very happy couple, it's hard to believe now that their marriage had crisis at some point.:)
Iceflower, nice pics of Paola. In pic #3 :what queen is exactly eating? Is it flower?:ohmy::lol:
I'm sorry, I don't know what she has tasted there, but to me it also looked
like some rose petals - but from my own experience I must say that they
smell better than they taste ;)

As posted by Catherine on the BRMB:

Article from het Nieuwsblad (summer time
happy.gif
)

243 police agents are responsible for the security of the members of the royal family and for guarding the royal castles of Laken, Brussels and Ciergnon. This costs about 14 million euro a year. The federal police will have to make a financial cut of about half a million euro next year, and therefor proposed to put more cameras - who are also more modern and efficient - on the royal domaines. New gates around the residences would also make police lives easier. For example, the castle of Ciergnon is guarded day and night, but is empty most of the year.

Queen Paola has refused the option of more and better cameras because she feels this would intrude (even more) in her private life. A "source" also said "the king and queen do not want to get the feeling they're living in a prison camp".

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Article/Detail.aspx?articleID=DMF01082008_007

King Albert and Queen Paola received their family and a number of cultural vips at the Laeken Palace yesterday, in honour of the 15year reign of King Albert.
Articles in Dutch:
deredactie.be - Koning nodigt achthonderd kunstenaars uit
deredactie.be - "Belangrijk waarom je uitgenodigd wordt"

Today the King received the olympic athletes who won the only two Belgian medals, also in Laeken. They seemed to be having a jolly good time. The King asked Tia Hellebaut to give a demonstration of her jump, but she kindly refused and told him to come to the Memorial Van Damme next weekend.
Couldn't find any pics yet. Maybe later today.

----

(Edit Marengo) A thread about king Albert II's 15th jubilee here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom