King Albert II & Queen Paola: Current Events, Part 2 (Mar. 2007 - Aug. 2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Belgian Royal Family (especially the king and queen) seem to get a really hard time to me with the press and the media. I dont like all the confilct constantly surrounding them....

Nozze d'oro - La foto del giorno - Corriere della Sera
Pope Benedict XVI with Queen Paola and King Albert.
As always, our newspaper can't help styling in a very creative way the foreign royals, so the King and the Queen of the Belgians has become "Alberto II del Belgio e la regina Paola di Liegi Ruffo di Calabria", "Albert II of Belgium and Queen Paola of Liege Ruffo di Calabria"...

For most of the italians living in Belgium she is still Paola di Liegi..

Yes, here too...And King Albert is still Alberto di Liegi...

The Belgian Royal Family (especially the king and queen) seem to get a really hard time to me with the press and the media. I dont like all the confilct constantly surrounding them....

Albert's the one who gets most credit from people - and in the press though. Paola and others are nearly generally criticized, but Albert's still Mr Popular :)

The picture of HM the King kneeling before the Pope is alas subject of critism from belgian politics.

The King looks slightly frail to me in these photos, is he in reasonably good health?

I wish Q Paola had worn a white suit instead of the creamy-beige one.....looks dirty with the white lace veil!

The picture of HM the King kneeling before the Pope is alas subject of critism from belgian politics.

Could you elaborate, Maria Olivia? Which political party criticized, saying what? Well it won't be CDH/CD&V, our modern christians in parliament, who all wanted to sit front row at the canonization I guess :ROFLMAO:

I agree with you Hannelore for CDH/CD&V, I saw them sitting front on TV yesterday?
But I heard about the critics at the press revue on french radio, they spoke again about the power's separation . I will try to eleborate more, did you hear this on your side? Kind regards

Is Queen Paola wearing her wedding veil as a mantilla? It looks very lovely.

maria-olivia, I've read something about the "seperation of powers" criticism in the newspaper, but there isn't any big criticism here. One of the attending ministers was a liberal, and you musn't forget that Father Damien was named the greatest Belgian in Flanders.

maria-olivia, I've read something about the "seperation of powers" criticism in the newspaper, but there isn't any big criticism here. One of the attending ministers was a liberal, and you musn't forget that Father Damien was named the greatest Belgian in Flanders.

Not just in Flanders, in Wallonia he's known and respected too!

I agree the question of seperation of powers is a delicate one, and I'm not cheering when the church gets mixed state affairs either, but for an event as big as this one, it can't be helped I guess.
I don't regard this as criticism on the royal family per se. It's a thing that will (and must) be debated more and more -- as it also extends to the muslim comunity in Belgium and the delicate issue of veiled women...

Pics 13.10.2009

Belgium's King Albert salutes during his visit to Belgian army Intelligence,
Surveillance, Target, Acquisition and Reconnaissance (ISTAR) Forces in
Heverlee October 13, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Queen Paola visited the exhibition 'Wibald de Stavelot, abbe
d'Empire. D'or et de parchemin' in the Abbey of Stavelot,
Belgium, October 13, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Pics 15.10.2009

Ukraine's President Viktor Yushchenko is welcomed by
King Albert at Laeken Royal Palace in Brussels October
15, 2009. Yushchenko is on a two-day visit to Belgium.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

Its not politically correct, but I love the fur on the jacket. I never noticed how wrinkled Q Paola's skin was- Perhaps she was a sun worshiper, or smoker? The pictures are unforgiving, unfortunatley!

I know, she used to be such a great beauty. It's a shame she didn't take better care of herself. She's still an attractive lady though. Her coat is elegant.

Well, these comments are a bit harsh. You don't just get wrinkles by smoking or lying in the sun. It's a natural ageing process for many women: some women have many wrinkles, others less. In this botox and plastic surgery era it's a relief to see a woman growing old gracefully. And it makes me feel awkward at the same time that these explanations need be made. Has beauty industry taken over from common sense and nature?

Pics 19.10.2009

Two beautiful queens united today:

Queen Paola of Belgium welcomes Queen Silvia of Sweden before
attending a Ministerial Conference over the "Europeam Fight
against Human Trafficking" at the Egmont Palace in Brussels ,
Belgium October 19, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Last edited:
Our Queen looks beautiful in gray color.I like her neacklace, 3 small rows of pearls and 2 bigger. That means 5 rows. I should say that the 3 rows are real pearls but for the 2 bigger rows I am not sure. What do you think?

My God, the difference between their facial's skin it's amazing. Hasn't both queens the same age?

My God, the difference between their facial's skin it's amazing. Hasn't both queens the same age?

Queen Silvia was born on December 23, 1943, Queen Paola 6 years
earlier on September 11, 1937. So there actually is a little difference,
including the genes :)

Here's an additional gallery with pics from today:

** gettyimages **

The pics of the two queens arrive at the right moment: they are the best answer to those posts about queen Paola's wrinkles. How wonderful is queen Paola with her wrinkles, how deformed is queen Silvia with all that surgery on her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom