Delphine Boël, daughter of King Albert II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shes' really blown it.

Born and raised with a golden spoon studded with diamonds in her mouth and has thrown that away for an acceptance that will never come. I cannot imagine that King Philippe will want to give her any kind of money or recognition and I imagine Philippe might even loathe her, along with Queen Mathilde. As for her legal father, she's been disinherited from him. She might get money since she may be entitled to a percentage under Belgian law, but I am sure that it won't be the chunk that she would be getting if in fact she hadn't started this.

How right you are.... all she possibly obtain is money when Al bert passes away......:sad:

Money that will likely be a pittance, not enough to sustain her artsy lifestyle.

Even if she gets money as an inheritance, I am certain that she'll be alienated from Belgian society and her life will no longer be simple and uncomplicated.

When was Delphine Boël's life simple and uncomplicated?

The former King does not need to appear at Court. Master Alain Berenboom, the lawyer of King Albert stated that the attendance of parties is only obliged in cases with minor children. To the media the lawyer said: "Delphine Boël is -I believe- an adult. I have not controlled her identity card. Sometimes one can ask if she is, but she is an adult."

The lawyer of Delphine Boël, Master Alain De Jonge: "When the King does not come, he shows little respect for the Court of Justice". Master Beerenboom: "Nonsense, King Albert will be there, by person of his lawyer.".

For the moment Delphine has no Father at all.
Jacques Boël ADN proving he was not the Father has not been officially confirmed by the Judge . We have to wait.............

Jacques Boël still is Delphine's father. A recognition can be scrapped by the Court of Justice but only on request of the child or the mother (when the child is a minor), I believe.

So it must be Delphine herself going to Court and say: "I want to end my paternal relationship with Messire Jacques Boël, s'il vous plaît. And my reasons are: this, and that, etc."

I see Elisabeth and Amedeo getting some Italian/French properties now...:cool:
Paola would do ANYTHING to keep as much money/properties as she can from Delphine and the easiest way to do so is to donate them to her children/grandchildren.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but even if Albert is proven beyond a doubt to be the sperm donor that resulted in Delphine's birth, as an illegitimate child she still wouldn't be legally Albert's kid and therefore not in any way eligible for any inheritance from him and/or his legitimate family.

No matter what happens, by law she is still recognized as Mr. Boel's daughter even if he's disinherited her.

She's out of her mind in my view. She had EVERYTHING going for her and she has had social standing, an enviable lifestyle, and she has had acceptance everywhere. It's not like she's had to face any real deprivation or genuine discrimination. She won't get a title, she won't get a place in the succession, and she will not have the same easy social acceptance that she used to in the past.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but even if Albert is proven beyond a doubt to be the sperm donor that resulted in Delphine's birth, as an illegitimate child she still wouldn't be legally Albert's kid and therefore not in any way eligible for any inheritance from him and/or his legitimate family.

No matter what happens, by law she is still recognized as Mr. Boel's daughter even if he's disinherited her.

Why do say sperm donor ? I doubt he was thinking he was donating sperm at the time. A sperm donor is helping a couple have a child. He is her father even if by accident

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Why do say sperm donor ? I doubt he was thinking he was donating sperm at the time. A sperm donor is helping a couple have a child. He is her father even if by accident.

Whatever he was thinking at the time, his action resulted in him donating sperm, and he did help a couple have a child. It's just that the couple in question was not Mr and Mrs Boel, it was Mrs Boel and himself.

After seeing that recent interview with Delphine, I am sure she is not after any financial or other benefits from Albert's family, and is only after recognition. Indeed, if she successfully displaces the presumption Boel is her father, she stands to be financially worse off. A DNA sample has already proven she is not Boel's child. She just needs the Court to accept that evidence.

It doesn't matter how you put he was not a sperm donor I find you calling him that very offensive.

Sperm donation is the provision (or "donation") by a male (known as a sperm donor) of his sperm (known as donor sperm), principally for the purpose of inseminating a female who is not his sexual partner. Sperm may be donated privately and directly to the intended recipient, or through a sperm bank or fertility clinic.

I'm sorry you find the term used in connection with Albert offensive, but do not understand why, unless you consider that using that term to describe Albert maligns men who donate sperm for altruistic reasons, whether or not accompanied by financial recompense. ETA I now see that this is in fact the case.

However, the expression has two common meanings: a) a man who donates sperm, whether for money or not, to, e.g., a fertility clinic, to help couples have children, and, b) a man who fathers a child with a woman in the natural way, but no longer has a relationship with the woman, and usually not the child, either. In my opinion, Albert definitely fits the second definition.

Last edited:
I need to clarify just why I used the term "sperm donor" to refer to Albert's involvement in giving Delphine life.

I, myself, was adopted at three weeks old and have known no other father and mother than the ones that adopted me, loved me and raised me. Over the years, even though occasionally I wondered about my lineage, I never once had the desire to seek and find the people that biologically created my life. My way of thinking is that it takes much more to be a mother and a father than just to go through the biological process of having a child.

My apologies if my terminology has offended anyone but I just cannot bring myself to put Albert together with the term "father to Delphine".

Just my take on it.

I'm sorry you find the term used in connection with Albert offensive, but do not understand why, unless you consider that using that term to describe Albert maligns men who donate sperm for altruistic reasons, whether or not accompanied by financial recompense. ETA I now see that this is in fact the case.

However, the expression has two common meanings: a) a man who donates sperm, whether for money or not, to, e.g., a fertility clinic, to help couples have children, and, b) a man who fathers a child with a woman in the natural way, but no longer has a relationship with the woman, and usually not the child, either. In my opinion, Albert definitely fits the second definition.

That's not what most people think. I have a friend who has the most beautiful baby via a sperm donor and has made her the happiest of mothers. That is completely different to someone having an affair and getting accidentally pregnant. If you don't understand that sorry

If no Abdicaton no Delphine Affaire.
King Albert II was an unexpected good King and now and the end of his life his Reputation is spoiled Sad.

If no Abdicaton no Delphine Affaire.
King Albert II was an unexpected good King and now and the end of his life his Reputation is spoiled Sad.
But does he not only have himself to blame for that?!

That's not what most people think. I have a friend who has the most beautiful baby via a sperm donor and has made her the happiest of mothers. That is completely different to someone having an affair and getting accidentally pregnant. If you don't understand that sorry

\

I think we just have to accept that we bring different experiences and points of view to this discussion. I think I do understand the point you are making, but I also think I have a valid point to make, and I am not prepared to accept that my position is the lesser one, morally. We shall just have to agree to disagree.

I see Elisabeth and Amedeo getting some Italian/French properties now...:cool:
Paola would do ANYTHING to keep as much money/properties as she can from Delphine and the easiest way to do so is to donate them to her children/grandchildren.

Albert doesn't own many properties anyway. I believe his income tax returns list only a small estate in France, a small yatch and some office space in Brussels. I don't know if he and/or Paola also own real estate in Italy, but it is possible.

Anyway, I only wish Paola reconsiders leaving most of her jewelry to Astrid rather than leaving it to Mathilde. As a relatively poor queen consort, Mathilde could really use some of Paola's bijoux, especially her diamond bandeau.

Didn't they do a dna test proving Jacques isn't her biological father? Or was this dismissed by the court? Anyway, I don't know what Alberts problem is, since she only wants him to recognize her.

That was to be expected. Until recently M Jacques Boël was the father of Delphine. For law it is not interesting who made you, for law matters who is your factual father. Never has M Jacques Boël detested fatherhood and Delphine -despite knowing the stories- only started procedures in her forties, way beyond the limited period in which alleged natural parentship can be claimed. (Is in such a period no claim, then the law considers the paternity settled as it is, for ever). Delphine had to prove that M Jacques Boël never was and never has been and is not her father, while all her life she has been his daughter. Again: it is about legal paternity. That will be very difficult because so to see M Jacques Boël has always handled as a parent indeed. (And as one of Belgium's richest gentlemen, Delphine will not have known any hardship or poverty).

Ah Mario Danneels and his Paola's Book published 1999 just before Prince Philippe's Wedding.

Didn't they do a dna test proving Jacques isn't her biological father? Or was this dismissed by the court? Anyway, I don't know what Alberts problem is, since she only wants him to recognize her.

The law is not interested in DNA. Otherwise no any father from an adopted child, a child born by IVF, a stepchild could at any moment be "swapped" for another parent. The law speaks about "bezit van staat" which best translates that there was, for law, for society, in name, a complete parenthood, paternal responsibility and a factual parentship. Delphine has to prove that M Jacques Boël never was her father, that he never had paternal authority, that she did not have his name, that she has not lived in his house, that she has not enjoyed food, upbringing, education under his roof, that she did not appear for law and in society as his daughter, etc. Such a paternity works the other way too: M Jacques Boël can not disinherit Delphine: she is his daughter. For law. Only when Delphine succeeds to prove that there was no paternity, then she can start to get Albert II as her alleged darling papa.

Last edited:
I'm going to say this, and I know that some will have disagreements, but I'm starting to feel sorry for King Albert. Seems to me that this woman just never stops. I have a feeling that this will go the grave with him and nothing will ever be settled, so why not stop now and move on with life. Those are just my opinions.

The law is not interested in DNA. Otherwise no any father from an adopted child, a child born by IVF, a stepchild could at any moment be "swapped" for another parent. The law speaks about "bezit van staat" which best translates that there was, for law, for society, in name, a complete parenthood, paternal responsibility and a factual parentship. Delphine has to prove that M Jacques Boël never was her father, that he never had paternal authority, that she did not have his name, that she has not lived in his house, that she has not enjoyed food, upbringing, education under his roof, that she did not appear for law and in society as his daughter, etc. Such a paternity works the other way too: M Jacques Boël can not disinherit Delphine: she is his daughter. For law. Only when Delphine succeeds to prove that there was no paternity, then she can start to get Albert II as her alleged darling papa.

Ah, thanks, that's interesting. Well, I think she needs to give it a rest now, this is going on for so long now. Both her and Albert are quite the stubborn people :whistling:

Ah, thanks, that's interesting. Well, I think she needs to give it a rest now, this is going on for so long now.

Nope, it is mentioned the article that she will appeal the verdict (see post by cdm).

Interesting that the judge ruled that a biological connection isn't sufficient to prove fatherhood and Mr. Boel can be regarded as her father because he has acted as her father for a long time...

Nope, it is mentioned the article that she will appeal the verdict (see post by cdm).

Interesting that the judge ruled that a biological connection isn't sufficient to prove fatherhood and Mr. Boel can be regarded as her father because he has acted as her father for a long time...

The notion possession d'état/bezit van staat has no English wiki-page but the legal framework is more or less the same as being factually married without a marriage: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common-law_marriage

Jacques Boël is is and has always been the factual father without being the natural father. Didficult concept but it is the same way of legal thinking.

Very well said !!!! And by the way I am delighted with the Judge's decision.... of course now there will be an appeal.....how many years to wait now :lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom