Delphine Boël, daughter of King Albert II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except you've said that Albert committed a greater wrong, implying that his marriage vows were somehow more important than the Baronesses.

Seriously ...he committed the greater wrong in his part in the affair. I'm talking about his marriage and his affair in that marriage.

The other marriage is a separate issue.

LaRae

She is the living image of Queen Astrid.

Yes, and also looks a LOT like the king's older sister Josephine-Charlotte... imo that's why a lot of people tend to believe that he *is* the father even though it was never openly admitted...

Seriously ...he committed the greater wrong in his part in the affair. I'm talking about his marriage and his affair in that marriage.

The other marriage is a separate issue.

LaRae

That is so funny :lol: in post 259 you yourself were very emancipated about royal families should be having the same rights as others and now you claim that him cheating in his marriage was worse than her cheating in her marriage?

Btw: for me the discussion about the affair does not need to be continued, i think the fact the K.Albert and Q.Paola at some point had marital issues is known and they have patched things up and have come out stronger for it, so we don't need to hash that up again...

I never said he was worse than her....I said when it comes to HIS marriage he is worse than her. In her marriage she was worse than him, having the greater error.

This has nothing to do with the 'rights' of royals. I don't think royals are any different than anyone else, being held to different standards. I simply find it interesting that there are still people who do.

I would have the same reaction to the local janitor having an affair.

LaRae

She is the living image of Queen Astrid.

That's not a proof. She could also be the daughter of the late King Baudouin, or daughter of the milkman. Lots of people are very similar to each other, without having any kinship.

That's not a proof. She could also be the daughter of the late King Baudouin, or daughter of the milkman. Lots of people are very similar to each other, without having any kinship.
Yes of course you are right....:flowers:

For King Philippe it will be impossible !
I wonder what will happen on September 3th ?

Let's hope that king Albert will settle this quietly and in private when he has abdicated.

I'm still wondering, what will exactly happen if King Albert is forced to take the DNA test and it emerges that Delphine is actually his daughter. I mean, her legal father still it Jacques Boël, so I suppose that she should be disowned by Mr. Boël before being able to be recognized by the King. And if this is the case, can Mr. Boël actually disown her (I'm wondering this because, i.e. in Italy parents cannot disown theis child after the child turns 5, so I wonder if Belgian law settles some limits to the disowning of children)? And could King Albert be forced to recognize Delphine as his daughter?

I'm still wondering, what will exactly happen if King Albert is forced to take the DNA test and it emerges that Delphine is actually his daughter. I mean, her legal father still it Jacques Boël, so I suppose that she should be disowned by Mr. Boël before being able to be recognized by the King. And if this is the case, can Mr. Boël actually disown her (I'm wondering this because, i.e. in Italy parents cannot disown theis child after the child turns 5, so I wonder if Belgian law settles some limits to the disowning of children)? And could King Albert be forced to recognize Delphine as his daughter?

This is my question as well. In the U.S. no child is guaranteed to inherit anything from any parent natural or otherwise. If a parent explicitly writes in his or her will that an offspring cannot inherit anything the child would have to prove that the parent was incompetent to gain any monies from the estate. If a parent doesn't do anything the child born outside of wedlock can sue to gain their fair portion of an estate.

In belgium (afaik) as a parent you cannot completely disinherit a child that's legally yours... even if you put in your will that the child should receive nothing, the child can then challenge the will and will get his/her legitimite share of the inheritance..

As Ms. Boel has repeatedly said it's not a 'money thing', she seems not interested in inheriting from Mr. Boel (her legal father), but she wants the king to acknowledge that he is her biological father...
I don't know if, should the king acknowledge that he is biological father, she will take action to have the king named as her legal father instead of Mr.Boel...
Simply the fact that he could be the biological father does not automatically make him legally her father..

What if it turns out that the DNA test reveals that she isn't the daughter? Then what?

Jubilant scenes are expected in Belgium tomorrow as the nation prepares to welcome a new monarch.
But the day King Albert II will officially hand the throne to his son Crown Prince Phillippe comes as the soon-to-be ex-monarch, 79, is embroiled in a paternity scandal that has resurfaced after more than a decade.
Artist Delphine Boël, 45, insists she is the daughter of King Albert, and has now launched legal proceedings in a bid to prove she is a member of the Belgian royal family through DNA tests.
Read more: Legal wrangle over 'illegitimate daughter' of King Albert of Belgium threatens to overshadow celebrations as he prepares to hand throne to his son | Mail Online

Doing this during the handover? Is she mad?

If Philippe turns out to be a lot hardened of a personality than we think, Delphine is in a heck of a ride. She might try to take Astrid to court, but Philippe might protect his sister; Astrid will then be the sister of a king, not just a crown prince.

What if it turns out that the DNA test reveals that she isn't the daughter? Then what?
Then I expect Delphine and her mother would have to sit down and have a very difficult conversation.

Doing this during the handover? Is she mad?

If Philippe turns out to be a lot hardened of a personality than we think, Delphine is in a heck of a ride. She might try to take Astrid to court, but Philippe might protect his sister; Astrid will then be the sister of a king, not just a crown prince.

This isn't new. The legal wrangling started before the abdication announcement, and the Mail is just bringing it up because Albert is in the news.

Also, how is her taking the sister of a king to court worse than her taking the daughter of a king to court? Delphine summoned both Astrid and Philippe to court, because Albert was immune under the law. I'm not sure if he will continue to have such an immunity post-abdication, but Philippe will have it, potentially making Astrid and Laurent (who she has chosen not to summon) the only ones Delphine can summon.

If you compare photos of Delphine with photos of Albert's late mother Queen Astrid, the resemblance is so startling it's almost embarrassing. Delphine looks exactly as if she is Astrid's own child. I couldn't believe my eyes. :eek:

Frankly there is no doubt in my mind that she is Albert's child. What I find baffling is that he would subject himself, his family and his countrymen to this unseemly public soap opera, when it would have been much simpler to quietly and privately accept the woman as his.(after paternity tests to answer any doubts he still had) That's all she seems to have been looking for all these years...validation. :sad:

Last edited:
If you compare photos of Delphine with photos of Albert's late mother Queen Astrid, the resemblance is so startling it's almost embarrassing. Delphine looks exactly as if she is Astrid's own child. I couldn't believe my eyes. :eek:

Frankly there is no doubt in my mind that she is Albert's child. What I find baffling is that he would subject himself, his family and his countrymen to this unseemly public soap opera, when it would have been much simpler to quietly and privately accept the woman as his.(after paternity tests to answer any doubts he still had) That's all she seems to have been looking for all these years...validation. :sad:

The likeness is far too great to be coincidental, in my opinion. As for why he'd keep up the pretense, I can only imagine it was a condition imposed by his wife at the time of the reconciliation. I suppose they assumed Delphine would go away quietly.

Roslyn, I have heard the same rumor...that it is/was Paola who insisted that he reject the girl as well as her mother. If it's true I think she bears at least some of the responsibility for the embarrassment and scandal that has resulted. It's all so unnecessary, imo.

Belgians have had this "news" for more than a decade so how big of a scandal could it possibly be?
What is to be gained by forcing a man who clearly does not want you in his life to acknowledge that he is your father? It is not like you will suddenly be invited over to the Belvedere for a Sunday night roast with the rest of the family. I can only see a future financial claim on his estate as a motive.

Belgians have had this "news" for more than a decade so how big of a scandal could it possibly be?
What is to be gained by forcing a man who clearly does not want you in his life to acknowledge that he is your father? It is not like you will suddenly be invited over to the Belvedere for a Sunday night roast with the rest of the family. I can only see a future financial claim on his estate as a motive.

I understand her completely. To have my father constantly deny me for so many years would gradually get me so angry that I'd want to press the issue and seek public recognition. I doubt she wants anything to do with any of her Royal relatives, and maybe doesn't even want any financial benefit; she just wants to "out" her father.

I understand her completely. To have my father constantly deny me for so many years would gradually get me so angry that I'd want to press the issue and seek public recognition. I doubt she wants anything to do with any of her Royal relatives, and maybe doesn't even want any financial benefit; she just wants to "out" her father.
He already is out curtesy of that book. I think it is time at 45 years old to accept that you can't always get what you want in life.:bang:

He already is out curtesy of that book. I think it is time at 45 years old to accept that you can't always get what you want in life.:bang:

I disagree. I think it's the time to start fighting for what you really want.

Ms. Boel is an artist. So any publicity is a good publicity.

I do find her timing to be a bit suspicious. Her legal father M Boel says he is disinheriting her because of her claims (not his) not to be his daughter. Her business is going bankrupt. Solution = sue the King for recognition and gain a claim on his estate and also use her 15 minutes of fame to promote herself.

I understand her too. It's one thing if he simply does not want a relationship with her. That is his right, and she should accept it. But to deny her very existence as his own flesh and blood goes beyond insult. I don't understand any man who would do something like that.

I am not saying that Delphine's course of action is one I would take, but I certainly understand her side of things. She is very angry and hurt for good reason, imo.

P.S. I don't know if she wants $$ or not but so what if she does? Albert had a relationship with her mother for years and produced a child. He can't just toss her away like garbage because it's not convenient, and it's embarrassing. It's called facing the consequences for your behavior and we all have to do it in this life!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom