The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-11-2012, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Delphine BoŽl at the opening of her exhibition "Talking to the Deaf" in Antwerp on November 9, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gva.be gallery ** belga gallery **

Old 11-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Now who would the 'deaf' person be? ... . It seems all her exhibitions are somehow related to her father's absence in her life.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes of course and I really hope that Prince Laurent will not visit her Exhibition which could be one more provocation.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Is the exhibition on Prince Laurent's official agenda? If yes, he has to go.
Hasn't the Royal family closed the chapter with Ms. Boel? I mean she was acknowledge and everybody moved on.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Well, she certainly did not. She seems to have problems coping with the fact that her father refuses to see her, which is very understandable of course.

--
I have to give prince Laurent credits for being the only member of the family who does not ignore Delphine BoŽl (as she said in an interview with the TROS). A public visit to the exhibition would however be a bit too open. Her situation is not comparable with Isabelle Wybo.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

It is hard to judge Ms. Boel's situation. She is old enough to understand that it is impossible to thrust herself upon her father's family. She somewhat capitilises on her royal connection. Prince Laurent should duly be lauded for maintaining the contact with her.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Serene Highness

Guessing: Laurent has been the "black sheep", the awkward one, of the family, so his compassion for another outlier kicked in. It does me heart good to read of Laurent's compassion.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:35 AM
Nobility

I had compassion too for Delphine Boel. Let's all agree with the fact that being not accepted by your own father is not an easy thing. But you have to move on! Please! She's selling her stories to tabloids like there's no one outside who has been rejected by her father.? What do she wants? The title of princess? Not so much, she wants money.
I do not have a once of compassion for her now! She's hurting her father more than he hurted her.

Queen Mathilde
Old 11-12-2012, 06:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mr Boel is one of the richest Man in Belgium . Delphine is not missing money at all.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

This week important King's Speech after Queen Fabiola's Foundation and Princess Astrid and Prince Laurent's Dotation etc...

"la famille Royale doit montrer l'exemple...."

Answer of Baroness Sybille de S- L :
"Le Roi doit reconnaÓtre sa fille avant de donner des leÁons..."
Old 02-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Administrator

She has a point there TBH. He may have turned ultra catholic the last decades & due to that and his new found appreciation for his wife, the existence of his daughter may have becone a painful reminder that he didn't always behave as the perfect husband and the perfect opus dei member. But the daughter is there and he is the father, ignoring it doesn't make that any different.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Mr Boel is one of the richest Man in Belgium . Delphine is not missing money at all.
Yes, but she's not inheriting it, is she?

Queen Mathilde
Old 02-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Courtier

I find that a bizar story.
Jacques BoŽl is her legal father and in Belgium you cannot disinherit your children.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
I find that a bizar story.
Jacques BoŽl is her legal father and in Belgium you cannot disinherit your children.
Yes you can, when putting your money in (private) fonds, associations or societies...
Of course she will inherit at least a part of the money.

Here you have the original article, here the translation

Queen Mathilde
Old 02-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Courtier

I had read that article.
That's why I find it such a bizar story.

The article says that even if Mr BoŽl puts his mony into funds, she can still claim half of his inheritance as an only child.
So he can still not disinherit her totally.

And BoŽl is called her 'adoption father' by Delphine. But her mother was married to the man when she was born, so he is her legal father. But maybe that's just a translation error by the Flemish newspaper? PŤre adoptif can mean something different than adoptievader, can't it?

Anyway I don't understand Delphine's need to have this answer published. I think she cares to much what 'the people' think about her and her situation (that I too find painfull).
Old 02-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Administrator

I have been blessed to have my father in my life but some aren't so lucky.

That being said, it must be extremely hard for Delphine to know who her biological father is and hurtful that it appears that he doesn't want to have anything to do with her. So I don't agree with those who think Delphine should get over it. Does anyone get over the fact that they have been found to be wanting.

Yes, she has someone who has served as a paternal influence in her life but it appears that something is lacking in her life. Maybe she needs answers? From the outside looking in it seems as she is seeking attention from Albert. And thus she is acting out.

Albert and Paola seem to be very much in love and committed to their marriage. It must be extremely hard to know that your husband and the father of your children, fathered another child with someone else. That being said, Delphine didn't ask to be here.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Aristocracy

I struggle with this one a little bit. Delphine never asked to be here. I cannot imagine how difficult it is to be the product of an affair, even a long standing one, as it seems Sybille and The Prince of Liege did have (17 years?) The King has sort of acknowledged her, but very cryptically..more the circumstances as to why she is here, more than her.
Her mother knew what she was doing getting involved with a married man. No matter what "promises" may have been made, he was still married. The assumption may have been that the then Prince and Princess of Liege would divorce. But that didn't happen. It seems as though Delphine was the "pawn" for lack of a better word, in a very twisted state of affairs (no pun intended...really). There is Sybille's version of events, The King's version of events, Delphine's version of events....and then the truth. Perception can be different from reality. Didn't Sybille initially say she didn't want the Prince/King to divorce? I thought I read that somewhere.
At the end of the day, Delphine isn't doing herself any favors by attempting to drum up contempt. If she's trying to cause the king and queen (does she blame the queen for the fact the king doesn't acknowledge her existence)bad press, it really doesn't seem to be working. We don't get any press on it in the US, but what I do read in the international papers online, it doesn't seem to effect the RF reputations. It seems to just be "understood" that she is the kings daughter? Please correct me if anything I have said is wrong. Like I said, we don't get too much press on it in the US.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
So I don't agree with those who think Delphine should get over it. Does anyone get over the fact that they have been found to be wanting.
Actually I think a mature person does get over it. You grow up and accept what you cannot change and get on with your life.
Talking to the press is unlikely to get her any closer to Albert and just makes her look like a needy attention seeker.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:17 PM
Royal Highness

Well,I havenīt read it in any Austrian papers either,only on TRF.Maybe it was in some gossip paper for old ladies who enjoy reading about the royals,but not in any respectable daily paper-but maybe i just missed out.
I hope Delphine Boel can make peace with her father,the situation muste be horrible for everyone involved.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
I hope Delphine Boel can make peace with her father,the situation muste be horrible for everyone involved.
Which father? Her legal father or the man she presumes to be her father?

Tags
delphine boŽl, illegitimate children, king albert ii