The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Royal Highness

I do agree--she will certainly not achieve a relationship with Albert carrying on the way she is, but at the same time, I can't really blame her. Maybe this way she figures she can force him to acknowledge their relationship.
Can Albert be forced to leave her a share of his estate? In the US you can leave children out of your will, I believe.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 04-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Courtier

Yes, in the United States you can leave your child out of your will as long as you mention their name and leave him/her at least one dollar. If this is not done the child can protest the will and have it overturned in court. I was told recently that the same situation applies in UK, but I do not know that for a fact.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:16 AM
Aristocracy

in india too i guess its perfectly lega to leave your kids out of your will. correct me if i'm wrong but didn't maharani gayatri devi's grandchildren fight for a share of their father's property after they were left out of his will?
Old 04-02-2008, 04:05 AM
Serene Highness

I think Delphine is pathetic. 40 years old woman screaming for daddy? No, I don't understand her feelings, if she's King's daughter, he rejected her so long ago she should give herself a brake. She should also show some respect and yes, understanding for someone's marriage. Here, I understand queen Paola's feelings. Delphine seems looking for fame in a very vulgar way because her art is rather poor...She probably wants money too.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 04-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Royal Highness

Well, I can't disagree about her art--perhaps it is because my tastes are different than her pieces. Anyway, I do agree, she should have made it more private--but how do we know she did not? I do feel for Queen Paola, but at the same time she may have contributed to this in some way by not encouraging her husband to form a relationship of some kind with Delphine.
This now raises a question in my mind about Queen Fabiola and her relationship with King Albert and Queen Paola; being as deeply religious as she is coupled with her and King Baudoin's inability to have children, could it be that she is irritated because they won't accept Delphine? I've understood that the relationship between the three is not exacly close. I'm sure there are other factors, but I wonder if this little situation has contributed to it?

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 04-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Well, I can't disagree about her art--perhaps it is because my tastes are different than her pieces. Anyway, I do agree, she should have made it more private--but how do we know she did not? I do feel for Queen Paola, but at the same time she may have contributed to this in some way by not encouraging her husband to form a relationship of some kind with Delphine.
This now raises a question in my mind about Queen Fabiola and her relationship with King Albert and Queen Paola; being as deeply religious as she is coupled with her and King Baudoin's inability to have children, could it be that she is irritated because they won't accept Delphine? I've understood that the relationship between the three is not exacly close. I'm sure there are other factors, but I wonder if this little situation has contributed to it?

That's a good question. I find it incomprehensible that Baudouin did not know about Delphine, I am certain he did. And if Baudouin knew about Delphine then Fabiola knew. They were the closest of married couples and shared everything. Fabiola and Paola have never been close, they are just too different for that. But as the years have passed, especially after the death of Baudouin they have seemed to reached a way to peacefully co-exist. Paola seemed very kind and supportive after Baudouin's death. As for Albert, he and Fabiola were never enemies. Fabiola has always talked about how close Baudouin was to Albert and she strikes me as too clever a woman to alienate her husband's brother like that.

I think it is especially poignant that Delphine was conceived in 1968, the same year that Fabiola had her final miscarriage. Both Leopold III and Albert not only had legitimate children but children outside marriage, while Baudouin and Fabiola were desperate for just one child to raise and love. Baudouin later said it was a great struggle for both of them to come to terms with their childlessness. Even though Fabiola is a very dignified and religious Royal I am willing to bet that she can't help but feel some sympathy for Delphine's plight.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

When is she due to with her second child?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Courtier

She will have a son this month of April.
Same time as princess Mathilde and her sister Elisabeth
Old 04-09-2008, 07:04 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Delphine Boel (22-02-1968), the alleged illegitimate daughter of King Albert of Belgium, presented her book ''The Umbilical Cord Cut Through'' (De Navelstreng Doorknippen) at the Royal Windsor Grand Palace in Brussels

PPE Agency
Old 04-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Delphine Boel (22-02-1968), the alleged illegitimate daughter of King Albert of Belgium, presented her book ''The Umbilical Cord Cut Through'' (De Navelstreng Doorknippen) at the Royal Windsor Grand Palace in Brussels

PPE Agency
I wonder if there will be an English printing of this book, or only Dutch and French? I'd love to read it.

My goodness, she DOES so much resemble the late Queen Astrid!
Old 04-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

On 9 April Delphine presented her book to the press. Here she poses outside with her partnet James O'Hare.

Quote:
Wed 09/04/08 - Nine years after being revealed as the out-of-wedlock daughter of the Belgian king, Delphine BoŽl, 40, says she no longer craves her father's acknowledgment that she is his daughter.

In a book published this week entitled "Cutting The Umbilical Cord" Delphine BoŽl says she "no longer obsesses" about the fact King Albert II has yet to accept her as his daughter.

Speaking on VRT television on Tuesday, the artist who currently lives in London, called her book "a trip back into time. I had so many questions about my origin, my parents, rejection etc."

"I had to cut the umbilical cord," she said, adding she was tired of being King Albert's "dirty laundry."

Delphine BoŽl's existence was revealed in a 1999 biography of Queen Paola, King Albert's Italian-born wife, as the daughter of the Belgian monarch and Sybille Baroness de Selys Longchamps, the wife of a former Belgian industrialist.

Read the entire article here.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Two nice pics from Hola
GalerŪas de imŠgenes
Article from Hello
'It's the end of the story' says unacknowledged daughter of king
and one from Hola, in Spanish.
DELPHINE BOEL: 'NO ESPERO RETOMAR EL CONTACTO CON MI PADRE, EL REY ALBERTO. HE PASADO ESA PŃGINA'
Old 04-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Aristocracy

She is so much resembling the late Queen Astrid. Can she ask for DNA test. Maybe the King will acknowledge her on the paper after he died. Currently, he could not do it because he want to save face for Queen Paula.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Gentry

Did everyone see this article about Delphine?

entertainment.iafrica.com | books | news Belgian king's secret daughter settles scores
Old 04-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Aristocracy

in my opiion both father and daughter need some growing up to do. albert needs to acknowledge her as his daughter already( the public is not blind you know, anyone can see the clear and obvious resembance between her and astrid, her grandmother) and delphine needs to stop trying to degrade the monarchy. its like she said- she needs to cut the cord...
Old 04-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I do apologise if I sound harshÖ

I did have some compassion for Baroness Delphine Boel, but it has been disappearing fast. The whole country knows that she is an illegitimate child of the married person, who happens to be the King. This situation is as old as time. While Baroness Boel may bear resemblance to the late Queen Astrid, I dare to say that her behaviour tends to lack some essential characteristics of the social class she belongs to. All her actions indicate that Baroness Boel enjoys displaying her grief in public, which is unacceptable for real aristocrats. I am not sure what could possibly change at this point, even if King Albert recognises her. Nothing really...
Old 04-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Aristocracy

i don't think she has the title of baroness though...you must be thinking about her mother who was one but miss boel is not a baroness...atleast not to my knowledge
Old 04-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I used the title, because she was referred to as Delphine, Baroness Boel on the photos provided by Paty (see post#89, click on a photo).
Old 04-14-2008, 04:42 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Delphine Boel came with three bodyguards to the opening of her exposition in Sint-Martens-Latem this saturday. She has been receiving annonymous phonecalls in which people call her names or threaten her. The gallery paid for the extra security.
Delphine is popular among the public, some of them were waiting ffor hours to get Delphine's autograph.

--

Other Delphine-related news. The city of Kokszijde decided to remove a statue of Delphine for the upcoming visit of Princess Astrid. A spokesman denied that the King or the court had anything to do with this, it was a decicion of the city only.

Source for both items: Gazet van Antwerpen

---

Apparently Delphine writes in her book how she 'lost' her father:
When her mother got troubles with her heart Delhine called the king to inform him. When she got the king on the line he told her 'you should never call me again, I don't want to hear anything else of this matter, you re not my daughter'. Delphine said she almost choked because she felt very offended and she said that that was rediculous. 'everybody can see I have Queen Astrids eyes'. The king replied 'Enough! Never sauy that you resemble my mother. Never say that again! How dare you? '

--

And more Delphine-news. The book is a great succes, within 3 days all copies were sold out (article in Dutch here).
Old 04-14-2008, 08:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

DELPHINE BOEL AT THE LATEMSE GALLERY OF ST MARTENS LATEM FOR THE OPENING OF HER ART EXHIBITION ,13 APRIL 2008
London Features International Ltd

Tags
delphine boŽl, illegitimate children, king albert ii