The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 09:36 AM
Courtier

https://twitter.com/WDehandschutter/...12359424946176

https://twitter.com/WDehandschutter/...12644557864961

Seems like Delphine will be now an "analyst of current events" in RTL (radio), including Brexit :o
Totally qualified for that, studied a lot of years and was always ahead in this field...
Oh wait...

Old 02-21-2016, 06:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, to be honest, the most incapable nitwits are asked for comments, just because they are a "celeb" and that is not different with Madame BoŽl here. She gives comments on current affairs "from a cultural viewpoint". However: with the makers has been agreed that there would be no any question related to the monarchy or the royal family or her lawsuit.

Here a video with Delphine: Delphine BoŽl rejoint les chroniqueurs de "On refait le monde" sur Bel RTL

Old 02-21-2016, 06:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
https://twitter.com/WDehandschutter/...12359424946176

https://twitter.com/WDehandschutter/...12644557864961

Seems like Delphine will be now an "analyst of current events" in RTL (radio), including Brexit :o
Totally qualified for that, studied a lot of years and was always ahead in this field...
Oh wait...
They probably wanted a take on Brexit from a belgian living in the UK, but surely there are more candidates who qualify those criteria
Old 04-10-2016, 11:47 AM
Nobility

Delphine BoŽl:"Sta op zwarte lijst tussen terroristen en dictators" - HLN.be
Old 04-10-2016, 03:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I try to be neutral about the situation, but she does seem to not just want recognition by K.Albert..
Old 04-10-2016, 04:18 PM
Majesty

Ms Boel's lamentations are more and more desperate. I wonder who or what governmental agency blacklisted her? Her behaviour blacklisted her.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
I try to be neutral about the situation, but she does seem to not just want recognition by K.Albert..
Oh yes, in the beginning I liked her and I understood her but now....I think it's clear what she really really want
Old 04-11-2016, 05:43 AM
Courtier

Yeah, she's blacklisted so badly her face never shows up in the media and she is unable to leave Belgium because Interpol would come after her...
Oh wait...
Old 05-22-2016, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

The lady is a bit gaga: "[...] For years I have lived in London and I still have a bank account, for when I travel to there and need to buy underwear for the children, or so. [...]"

One:
I have no British bank account but nevertheless never had any problem with pumping hard Euros into the local economy. There is no any need to have a British bank account to purchase something in London!

Two:
Going to London to buy underwear for the children???? As if Brussels does not have the best and the finest possible underwear, if you are looking for that....

Old 08-21-2016, 03:36 PM
Royal Highness

Interview with Gala that Delphine gave in February:

Exclu- Delphine BoŽl, rencontre avec la fille cachťe de l'ex-roi des Belges - Gala
Old 08-21-2016, 03:56 PM
Serene Highness

Sounds like a pretty ridiculous person.. isn't there a Marks and Spencers in Belgium for her to buy underwear?
Old 08-21-2016, 04:35 PM
Serene Highness

However 'weird' Delphine BoŽl may seem, I sympathize with her wish to be acknowledged by her birth father. So I don't mean her legal father.
Although it's not proven (yet), she bears a strong resemblance to the late Queen Astrid.

It would be a funny thing when King Albert would make a move like the late Prince Bernhard Sr. of the Netherlands and acknowledge Delphine after his death (disclaimer: not implying I wish for that to happen anytime soon. Just stating the possibility).
Old 08-21-2016, 04:46 PM
Serene Highness

I can understand that she might like his acknowledging her, but IMO she is pushing it so much, that it seems more to do with the fact that hes a king. If he were a bus conductor, would she bother
Old 08-21-2016, 04:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I can understand that she might like his acknowledging her, but IMO she is pushing it so much, that it seems more to do with the fact that hes a king. If he were a bus conductor, would she bother
Well, Albert was the king, and it is a bit aimless to engage in hypotheticals. He had a relationship with his daughter and her mother for many years, and then cut it off without explanation. Plenty of adult children are interested in knowing who their biological parents are, regardless of the status of said parents.

Delphine has been legally entitled to every action that she has taken in the courts.

So, it is purely a matter of opinion that "she is pushing it [too] much."
Old 08-21-2016, 04:54 PM
Serene Highness

She's been pushing it for years, and I believe mainly because he's been so resistent for years. All he vaguely mentioned about it was in his Christmas speech of 1999. "The Queen and I have thought about the crisis that our couple has endured, which was recently pushed back into our memory. At this moment 30 years ago. We do not wish to further comment on this, she belongs to our private life."
She's been burked.

We don't know whether she would also be pushing this hard if he were a bus conductor, for if he were it wouldn't be a known case and then she would just be chasing her wish in the anonimity of the general masses.

I just think she wants to be acknowledged by her birth father, famous (because King) or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Well, Albert was the king, and it is a bit aimless to engage in hypotheticals. He had a relationship with his daughter and her mother for many years, and then cut it off without explanation. Plenty of adult children are interested in knowing who their biological parents are, regardless of the status of said parents.

Delphine has been legally entitled to every action that she has taken in the courts.

That's basically it.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post

There is common sense. If he does not want to acknowledge her, and has to be pushed into it by some legal compulsion, then he's (a) not a very nice person and (b) I cant see what kind of relationship of father and daughter could result from such a situation.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
There is common sense. If he does not want to acknowledge her, and has to be pushed into it by some legal compulsion, then he's (a) not a very nice person and (b) I cant see what kind of relationship of father and daughter could result from such a situation.
Perhaps we are forgetting that "common sense" plays a smaller role in situations where family and emotional attachments are involved, such as in this case.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Maybe she doesn't want a father and daughter relationship persť. For some people it is enough to be acknowledged so that they know where they come from. Which can fill a hole inside.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:14 PM
Serene Highness

Didn't he acknoweldg her in private?
Old 08-23-2016, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

So far it is extremely silent around Madame BoŽl, eh... "De Belgique". Even her new career as a sidekick annex columnist in media has been totally unnoticed so far.

Closed Thread

Tags
delphine boŽl, illegitimate children, king albert ii