The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #941  
Old 02-07-2016, 04:27 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,633
My point was to denote that although, as you have pointed out, society circles can and do exclude people for committing le grande faux pas deemed as big no-nos and unacceptable, it will be in the history of Albert II of the Belgians that Delphine will reside forevermore whether or not this issue is ever resolved. Especially with avid genealogists in centuries to come.
__________________

__________________
ďWhen I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down Ďhappyí. They told me I didnít understand the assignment, and I told them they didnít understand life.Ē
― John Lennon
  #942  
Old 02-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,920
Mwoah... Albert II has seen so much drama in his life: the untimely death of his mother, the house arrest during WWII, the exile after that War, his father's forced abdication, his brother's unability to procreate the royal dynasty, the deep problems in his marriage, the sudden death of his brother and his unexpected kingship, that all by all Delphine will most likely just be one of the many footnotes of a full and eventful life.
__________________

  #943  
Old 02-07-2016, 06:54 PM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 3,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Mwoah... Albert II has seen so much drama in his life: the untimely death of his mother, the house arrest during WWII, the exile after that War, his father's forced abdication, his brother's unability to procreate the royal dynasty, the deep problems in his marriage, the sudden death of his brother and his unexpected kingship, that all by all Delphine will most likely just be one of the many footnotes of a full and eventful life.
Yes you are right !
  #944  
Old 02-07-2016, 07:07 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
In a normal situation Madame Delphine BoŽl, with a grandpapa as Maximilian BoŽl (one of the richest men of Belgium), with a grandmaman as Anne Guinotte (on her own one of the richest women of Belgium), with a grandpapa as Raymond Baron de Selys Longchamps (Ambassadeur in the Netherlands, in Luxembourg, in the United States) and with a grandmaman as Pauline Countess Cornet de Ways-Ruart she would have been so immensely deeply rooted in haute sociťtť.

It is hard to imagine but there seems to be a sort of invisible layer in society, even in 2016. Look at Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn, the first spouse of Princess Margarita de Bourbon de Parme. He comes from a respected backround, Since his public fought conflict with the Oranges he is really, really totally broken, outcasted and bankrupt. I believe he is living somewhere in Portugal from minimal incomes. All this while he is a talented man but once your name is widely known in a conflict with the royal family... pfff... be careful! I am sure this phenomenon is even more stronger in Belgium where the us-knows-us is more close-knit and entangled.
A pretty good reason why Mr. Boel did not sue for divorce...
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #945  
Old 02-08-2016, 03:26 AM
leidi's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ...., United Arab Emirates
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
A pretty good reason why Mr. Boel did not sue for divorce...
They are not comparable, BoŽl is almost as rich as Solvay was, plus he could have divorced Sybille by a number of reasons, without having to resort to make them public (aka she cheated on me with the King's brother).
  #946  
Old 02-08-2016, 03:50 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,147
Ms.BoŽl's entourage has confirmed that she's not doing this because of the money "anyone who allege he is, is out to hurt her"
"Delphine BoŽl doet het niet om het geld van koning Albert" - HLN.be
Apparently there was a report on it in VTM show "royalty" last night, any belgian posters saw that?
__________________
Wisdom begins in wonder - Socrates
  #947  
Old 02-08-2016, 04:06 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 17,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
They are not comparable, BoŽl is almost as rich as Solvay was, plus he could have divorced Sybille by a number of reasons, without having to resort to make them public (aka she cheated on me with the King's brother).
They are not comparable indeed. Edwin de Roy -a self-proclaimed future CEO Šnd a self-proclaimed baron- gives the impression of being a batty, paranoid con man with an inflated sense of self importance. After his antics in the media, even a snackbar would think twice before they hired him behind the friture. Edwin was ruined by himself, as his lies, phantasies and inflated ego have become obvious to all.

There is no reason to assume that mr. BoŽl has simular mental problems.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #948  
Old 02-08-2016, 04:37 AM
leidi's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ...., United Arab Emirates
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
They are not comparable indeed. Edwin de Roy -a self-proclaimed future CEO Šnd a self-proclaimed baron- gives the impression of being a batty, paranoid con man with an inflated sense of self importance. After his antics in the media, even a snackbar would think twice before they hired him behind the friture. Edwin was ruined by himself, as his lies, phantasies and inflated ego have become obvious to all.

There is no reason to assume that mr. BoŽl has simular mental problems.
Uri Geller has more credibility than Edwin, that is for sure
I'm old enough to remember all the BS he tried to put through, all the tantrums he threw, etc.
Really pathetic.

Mr BoŽl has never shown up to say anything about this whole mess, he could have called any TV station in Belgium and they would have happily given him a slot to put Sybille and Delphine through the grinder but has wisely stayed silent.

And I really doubt it is a "paid silence", he simply has no patience to deal with this mediatic issue, has never been a public figure and wouldn't want to get involved.
  #949  
Old 02-08-2016, 04:55 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
A pretty good reason why Mr. Boel did not sue for divorce...
Mr BoŽl had ample reason for divorce and with his immense fortune and infuence in Belgium he would really not fall in disgrace. They -the BoŽls- still are influential. All activities in the steel- and coal industry have been sold but the BoŽl family has cleverly invested all in large conglomerats and growing industries such as Sofina (amongst others a major owner of one of Europes biggest upmarket retail chains: the Carrefour hypermarchťs), Solvay (an international chemical group), etc.. The family is extremely well-connected. A BoŽl is married to …tienne Viscount Davignon, one of the mastodonts of Belgian economy and fomer Vice-Chair of the European Commission.

With or without public shame: Mr BoŽl could (and still can) live as a King. His family owns Court-Saint-Etienne, a fabulous domain with a castles, a park, 14 farms, forests and a lot of upmarket real estate. But in the whole of Belgium, from the Flemish coast to the deep forests of the Ardennes as well in Brussels, the family owns lots of properties.

Ch‚teau et Ferme de FalaŽn (picture)
Ch‚teau BoŽl de La LouviŤre (picture)
Ch‚teau Golbet d'Alviella Court-Saint-Etienne (picture)
Ch‚teau et Ferme de Chenoy - outer court (picture)
Ch‚teau et Ferme de Chenoy - main building (picture)
Lots of houses in the "Square des Milliardaires" (Square du Bois, Brussels, here seems to be the main residence of Delphine's legal father) (picture)
Etc.
Etc.
  #950  
Old 02-08-2016, 05:09 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,147
Her people said just yesterday that she's not doing this because of the money (see my link in post 946 and several other newsarticles published yesterday in belgium)

I don't think there's much use in keeping going with flaunting Mr.BoŽl's wealth in this thread; can't we get back to Ms BoŽl herself without all the endless comparisons to other people?
__________________
Wisdom begins in wonder - Socrates
  #951  
Old 02-08-2016, 05:19 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Her people said just yesterday that she's not doing this because of the money (see my link in post 946 and several other newsarticles published yesterday in belgium)

I don't think there's much use in keeping going with flaunting Mr.BoŽl's wealth in this thread; can't we get back to Ms BoŽl herself without all the endless comparisons to other people?
Tssk Tssk.... We were discussing how someone could become an outcast or not and the discussion went so that Mr BoŽl probably stayed in his almost 17-years long marriage to Delphine's mother to keep his social standing.

The argument was countered with the notion that the BoŽl family was (and is) so immensely rich, has a considerable influence and that Mr BoŽl had ample reasons to divorce his spouse. But I understand that we are here for one goal: naming and shaming the alleged father and all the rest around the BoŽls is verboten?

  #952  
Old 02-08-2016, 05:34 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 17,635
In that case you are arguing with yourself. In post #940 you are hinting that there may be repercussions due to an 'invisible layer in society'. GracieGiraffe assumed you were correct, after which you disagreed with her and thus with your own post.

Nobody named Mr. boŽl an 'outcast'. I did say -as did others- that divorces were not very common among the higher circles in those days and that many preferred to stay together to keep up appearances. I supported this by a work of Prof. Paul Janssens of the University of Gent, who is specialised in Belgian nobility.

I also listed the example of Viscount Philippe de Spoelberch and Diane de Jonge d'Ardoie as the couple (from a simular background in terms of nobility, connections, age and wealth as Mr. BoŽl and Sybille S de L.) did stay together in a very bad marriage despite them being extremely wealthy. At the trial of their son -who murdered a 12 y/o girl - it appeared that the wealth may have been a reason for them not to divorce.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #953  
Old 02-08-2016, 05:46 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Tssk Tssk.... We were discussing how someone could become an outcast or not and the discussion went so that Mr BoŽl probably stayed in his almost 17-years long marriage to Delphine's mother to keep his social standing.

The argument was countered with the notion that the BoŽl family was (and is) so immensely rich, has a considerable influence and that Mr BoŽl had ample reasons to divorce his spouse. But I understand that we are here for one goal: naming and shaming the alleged father and all the rest around the BoŽls is verboten?

If they would hand out gold medals on these forums for twisting other people's posts into something they didn't say, you'd win hands down
__________________
Wisdom begins in wonder - Socrates
  #954  
Old 02-08-2016, 08:19 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 3,686
We all in Belgium admire the attitude of Baron BoŽl.
Since 1999 he remained silent.
Everybody knows in Belgium that there was an arrangement between the Prince de LiŤge and his friend Baron BoŽl.
  #955  
Old 02-08-2016, 11:36 AM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,531
It's not a question of shaming or not admiring Boel, he is likely as much a victim as Delphine. But if Boel was wronged in all of this, his argument is not with Delphine, it's with his wife and King Albert.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #956  
Old 02-08-2016, 03:06 PM
leidi's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ...., United Arab Emirates
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Her people said just yesterday that she's not doing this because of the money (see my link in post 946 and several other newsarticles published yesterday in belgium)

I don't think there's much use in keeping going with flaunting Mr.BoŽl's wealth in this thread; can't we get back to Ms BoŽl herself without all the endless comparisons to other people?
Well, no one in their right mind would say it was about the money , I mean, it would only make her look like a goldigger if she admitted it.

But (and I say it again), she only tried to claim paternity when her business started to go sour and her legal father is doing his best to disinherit her, to think money wouldn't be a motivation?
  #957  
Old 02-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: xxx, Antarctica
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I have the idea too. The whole process will go on and on and on. Suddenly King Albert is no more amongst us. Delphine is then left with nothing and left aside as a social cast-out.
The lawsuit will go on after Albert's death if there isn't a sentence during his lifetime.
And Delphine is far from being a social cast-out. She is part of Brussels high society crowd and attends lots of posh galas. Just flip through the L'Eventail society mag, you will find pictures of her posing with foreign minister Reynders, with Princess Lea and other members of the Belgian nobility.

  #958  
Old 02-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: xxx, Antarctica
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
All this story comes from a bibiography concerning Queen Paola by young dutch writer Mario Danneels in 1999 just before Prince Philippe's Wedding.
And just a few weeks later Philippe had his civil wedding conducted by one of Paolaís former lovers. Awkward to say the least.
Mario Danneels is a Belgian journalist who writes in Dutch. He still seems to have good sources and according to him Albert talked himself into believing that Delphine isnít his daughter and now draws parallels between him and Yves Montand. He and his close friends label Sybille Selys as psychotic who is responsible for her daughterís mental problems. They completely ignore Jaques Boelís DNA sample or the fact that Albert and Sybille were a couple for almost 20 years. Albert and Paola were shocked by Sybilleís tv interview and react even harder since then. Delphine is also one of the reasons why Albert is giving Philippe the cold shoulder. Philippe asked Albert to come to an agreement with Delphine or to make sure she gets a share of his inheritance. But this fell on deaf ears.

Too bad that Albert and Paola again and again put their personal needs above everything. Albert has no time to waste and is just making matters worse with every day this is dragging on. In fact he would gain a lot of sympathy again if he just recognizes Delphine and he would spare his children to have to sort this out for him post mortem.
  #959  
Old 02-09-2016, 06:27 PM
leidi's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ...., United Arab Emirates
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mara* View Post
And just a few weeks later Philippe had his civil wedding conducted by one of Paolaís former lovers. Awkward to say the least.
Mario Danneels is a Belgian journalist who writes in Dutch. He still seems to have good sources and according to him Albert talked himself into believing that Delphine isnít his daughter and now draws parallels between him and Yves Montand. He and his close friends label Sybille Selys as psychotic who is responsible for her daughterís mental problems. They completely ignore Jaques Boelís DNA sample or the fact that Albert and Sybille were a couple for almost 20 years. Albert and Paola were shocked by Sybilleís tv interview and react even harder since then. Delphine is also one of the reasons why Albert is giving Philippe the cold shoulder. Philippe asked Albert to come to an agreement with Delphine or to make sure she gets a share of his inheritance. But this fell on deaf ears.

Too bad that Albert and Paola again and again put their personal needs above everything. Albert has no time to waste and is just making matters worse with every day this is dragging on. In fact he would gain a lot of sympathy again if he just recognizes Delphine and he would spare his children to have to sort this out for him post mortem.
And didn't Delphine repaid Philippe by trash-talking him and his children?

This family, I swear.

It's a miracle that Philippe and Astrid ended up being adjusted adults having such dysfunction around them.

Neither one seems to have inherited the selfishness of their parents, something Laurent and Delphine had.
  #960  
Old 02-09-2016, 07:44 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 3,686
Mara , you are well informed about the former Lord Mayor of Brussels !
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
delphine boŽl, illegitimate children, king albert ii


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King Albert II Has A New Grandchild: Delphine Boel's Baby Born Marengo King Albert II and Queen Paola 6 05-02-2008 12:50 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge duchess of cornwall's fashion e-mail fashion poll germany grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week poland state visit to norway prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen juliana queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania in oslo royal fashion september 2016 spencers state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:21 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises