Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Delphine BoŽl has presented her newest art exhibition in Liege:

** facetoface gallery **

Old 11-18-2015, 11:21 AM
Majesty

Thanks for the update!
My knowledge of modern art is very limited. However, I find Ms Boel's paintings miserable.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:22 AM
Aristocracy

Delphine Boel won in court today and can go on suing King Albert. The Constitutional Court of Belgium ruled in her favour and decided that she has the right to sue King Albert despite taking her time to do so. The civil court which is in charge for her lawsuit asked the Constitutional Court for advice since it was unclear if her claim came too late and is time-barred. The Constitutional Court decided that the right to know ones parentage is superior to statutes of limitations, which is good news for everyone in a similar position btw. The lawsuit now returns to civil court and Boel can ask a DNA sample from King Albert.

Good for her.

Delphine BoŽl mag strijd voortzetten om erkend te worden als dochter Albert
Old 02-03-2016, 11:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Great! Let's get this DNA test underway and get it all sorted. Long overdue.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mara* View Post
Delphine Boel won in court today and can go on suing King Albert. The Constitutional Court of Belgium ruled in her favour and decided that she has the right to sue King Albert despite taking her time to do so. The civil court which is in charge for her lawsuit asked the Constitutional Court for advice since it was unclear if her claim came too late and is time-barred. The Constitutional Court decided that the right to know ones parentage is superior to statutes of limitations, which is good news for everyone in a similar position btw. The lawsuit now returns to civil court and Boel can ask a DNA sample from King Albert.

Good for her.

Delphine BoŽl mag strijd voortzetten om erkend te worden als dochter Albert
It's really sad King Albert did not give in long ago and give the Belgian judicial system a DNA sample. Not many people are moral these days anyway; his actions, or lack thereof, has been a serious waste of time for everybody concerned. HE caused this situation to end up where it did not have to. I don't know if he is her father or not, but...at least some conclusion will finally result.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I am pleasantly surprised that it has been decided this way. Now it can finally be resolved.
Old 02-04-2016, 01:25 AM
Courtier

I imagine Albert's lawyers tightening everything up, even giving away things in life to his "legal" children & grandchildren in order to leave Delphine with nothing (or as little as possible)

So let's not be surprised if Amedeo ends up with a chalet in France or Elisabeth gets a house in Italy for her 15th birthday...
Old 02-04-2016, 08:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
I imagine Albert's lawyers tightening everything up, even giving away things in life to his "legal" children & grandchildren in order to leave Delphine with nothing (or as little as possible)

So let's not be surprised if Amedeo ends up with a chalet in France or Elisabeth gets a house in Italy for her 15th birthday...
That's a very good point.

If this happens, at what point is the Belgian Royal House itself seen at being complicit in evading a legal ruling - at least in the eyes of they public? In any event, the joke will be on them, I don't think Delphine's primary motivation was ever money.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Finally Delphine BoŽl can ask for DNA test. I wonder how queen Paola & her children will react if the test proves Albert`s paternity to Delphine ???

http://www.dhnet.be/actu/belgique/pr...70b1fc10e8538b
Old 02-04-2016, 03:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post
Finally Delphine BoŽl can ask for DNA test. I wonder how queen Paola & her children will react if the test proves Albert`s paternity to Delphine ???

http://www.dhnet.be/actu/belgique/pr...70b1fc10e8538b
They will be surprised only if he is found NOT to be her father, I O.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
That's a very good point.

If this happens, at what point is the Belgian Royal House itself seen at being complicit in evading a legal ruling - at least in the eyes of they public? In any event, the joke will be on them, I don't think Delphine's primary motivation was ever money.
Why would they be evading a legal ruling? Delphine isn't his legal daughter YET, so at this point, Albert can do whatever he wants with his properties without having to tell her or give her anything.

Morally speaking it would be another thing, 'cuz everyone would know it was because of this ruling but would they be obligated to declare the property changes in public? I mean, for example if Amedeo or Joachim get a house or a chalet from their grandparents, does that have to go to the public eye by law?

They will most likely give most of their things away to the "cadet" branches of the family (Astrid and Laurent's children), didn't Paola buy a property in Belgium with the intention to leave it to the twins for example?
Old 02-04-2016, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Forgive my ignorance with the following question or if it's already been asked.

According to Belgian law, is Albert required to leave anything to Delphine upon his death, if it is proven via DNA that she is his daughter? Basically, can he not leave her anything when he dies?

I ask because I think at one point (again please correct me if I am wrong) French law stated that you can't leave anything to illegitimate children. I think, that law has since been changed that now you can.

Old 02-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
[...]
They will most likely give most of their things away to the "cadet" branches of the family (Astrid and Laurent's children), didn't Paola buy a property in Belgium with the intention to leave it to the twins for example?
Queen Paola has already left it to Aymeric and Nicholas indeed. She bought the PresbytŤre (vicarage) in Villers-sur-Lesse, ordered a complete renovation (picture) and donated it to the twin brothers indeed. The mansion is close to the Ch‚teau de Fenffe and its domains, owned by the Donation Royale. So the boys have all possibilities to live a fabulous countryside life in the deep green forests of South Belgium.

On itself that is not an uncommon thing. Princess Beatrix and Prince Claus bought a mediaeval farm in Tavarnelle Val di Pesa, Italy and it was donated to their three toddler boys too. Seems some clever move to keep valuables en famille.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Forgive my ignorance with the following question or if it's already been asked.

According to Belgian law, is Albert required to leave anything to Delphine upon his death, if it is proven via DNA that she is his daughter? Basically, can he not leave her anything when he dies?

I ask because I think at one point (again please correct me if I am wrong) French law stated that you can't leave anything to illegitimate children. I think, that law has since been changed that now you can.
No, DNA alone is not enough. For Belgian law Delphine's legal father is Jacques BoŽl, a wealthy aristocrat. For Belgian law the natural father is not of interest. It is the legal father which counts. In most cases the natural father = the legal father. In Dephine's case Jacques BoŽl has never fought paternity over Delphine. She always had his name, grew up on his estate until the divorce from Delphine's mother and until this very moment Delphine is the general heiress of his fortune (estimated around 750 million Euro).

Sadly for Delphine her public crusade against her alleged father King Albert II, has angered her legal father. Jacques BoŽl seems a very introvert and discreet person avoiding publicity as the plague. By going all-out in the media, Delphine came in conflict with her legal father. In most countries on the European Continent it is not possible to disinherit a child. The father can avoid this by -for an example- donate everything into a legal Trust Fund with specific instructions, meaning it will be barred for Delphine. She herself stated in Le Soir in 2013: "I will inherit nothing. He (Jacques BoŽl) has done everything to make sure I will receive nothing".

From her alleged father (King Albert II) she can receive nothing. Not even when DNA proves the former King is her father. She needs more legal steps as her legal father is Jacques BoŽl. This means that Delphine first has to fight the paternity of Jacques BoŽl, the man who has been her father for almost 50 years. Then she has to fight for recognition of the paternity of the natural father, who has never been her father for almost 50 years.

A general division of inheritance is: it is divided in legal portions. The surviving spouse gets half plus a legal portion. The children get a legal portion each. This means the so-called reservatoir inheritance for his family is divided in 7 legal portions:

4/7 for the dowager, Queen Paola (= half plus one legal portion)
1/7 for King Philippe
1/7 for Princess Astrid
1/7 for Prince Laurent

When Delphine becomes a Heiress too, the inheritance will be divided in 9 legal portions:

5/9 for the dowager, Queen Paola (= half plus one legal portion)
1/9 for King Philippe
1/9 for Princess Astrid
1/9 for Prince Laurent
1/9 for Delphine

So when it was for the money, Delphine could better have accepted the situation as it was and she could have lived a grand life as wealthy aristocrat daughter. I doubt she will inherit much from King Albert. It is clear (the distribution of properties by life) that especially Queen Paola is making sure this Delphine will eat nothing from her and her (grand)childrens' inheritances.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Laurent has expressed his satisfaction for Delphine BoŽl that the Constitutional Court ruled in her favour:

Le prince Laurent est "content" pour Delphine BoŽl - 7SUR7.be
Old 02-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Courtier

Also, if Paola and Albert broke their pre-nup, how could the law establish what came from her and what came from him if they have been sharing for over 50 years? It would make it harder for Delphine to stake her claim, right?
Old 02-04-2016, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Also, if Paola and Albert broke their pre-nup, how could the law establish what came from her and what came from him if they have been sharing for over 50 years? It would make it harder for Delphine to stake her claim, right?
The King and Queen did not "broke" their pre-marital contract. They changed it in mutual agreement. A world of difference.

According the pre-marital contract the fortunes of both Prince Albert of Belgium and of Donna Paola Ruffo di Calabria remain separated. It is not known what exactly has been changed but most heard in media is that Albert and Paola have agreed to join both fortunes into one communal property, which will not become part of the inheritance but become a part of the marriage agreement. By doing so the spouses subjected all they have under the new marriage agreement. By doing so probably both spouses wanted to make sure that the surviving one will be "left well behind" and nasty fights for the inheritance during their lifetime will be avoided.

1959 Marriage Agreement
A = personal properties of Prince Albert of Belgium are kept out of the marriage
B = personal properties of Donna Paola di Ruffo Calabria are kept out of the marriage
C = properties of the two jointly acquired during marriage are in joint ownership

2015 Marriage Agreement
A = personal properties of King Albert II are brought into joint ownership under this new Agreement
B = personal properties of Queen Paola are brought into joint ownership under this new Agreement
C = the properties jointly acquired from 1959 until 2015 are brought into joint ownership under this new Agreement
D = the properties of the two jointly acquired under the new Marriage Agreement 2015 will be in joint ownership
Old 02-04-2016, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Prince Laurent has expressed his satisfaction for Delphine BoŽl that the Constitutional Court ruled in her favour:

Le prince Laurent est "content" pour Delphine BoŽl - 7SUR7.be
That is kicking into an open door. What else can the Prince say? "No, I disagree with the Constitutional Court" ? But of course with this blabbing he will not have scored an extra point with his siblings and the Government.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Is her mother alive??
Old 02-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The King and Queen did not "broke" their pre-marital contract. They changed it in mutual agreement. A world of difference.

According the pre-marital contract the fortunes of both Prince Albert of Belgium and of Donna Paola Ruffo di Calabria remain separated. It is not known what exactly has been changed but most heard in media is that Albert and Paola have agreed to join both fortunes into one communal property, which will not become part of the inheritance but become a part of the marriage agreement. By doing so the spouses have made all they have part of the marriage agreement. By doing so probably both spouses wanted to make sure that the surviving one will be "left well behind" and nasty fights for the inheritance during their lifetime will be avoided.

1959 Marriage Agreement
A = personal properties of Prince Albert of Belgium is kept out of the marriage
B = personal properties of Donna Paola di Ruffo Calabria is kept out of the marriage
C = properties of the two jointly acquired during marriage is in joint ownership

2015 Marriage Agreement
A = personal properties of Prince Albert of Belgium is brought into joint ownership under this new Agreement
B = personal properties of Donna Paola di Ruffi Calabria is brought into joint ownership under this new Agreement
C = the properties jointly acquired from 1959 until 2015 are brought into joint ownership under this new Agreement
D = the properties of the two jointly acquired under the new Marriage Agreement 2015 will be in joint ownership
Yeah, I expressed myself badly there
But this was definitely done thinking about the Delphine situation, because Albert knows that no matter what have happened, his children would have never left Paola "unprotected" if he died first or viceversa.

Closed Thread

Tags
delphine boŽl, illegitimate children, king albert ii