The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-27-2007, 08:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

would that make her a princess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Delphine Boel is 4 months pregnant with her second child, she already has a 4 y/o daughter called Josephine. The father of both children is the Irish American Jim OīHare.

Apparently 4/5th of the Belgians think the King should recognise his daughter.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Gentry

Red face

Ummm, talking about the resemblance, to be honest, I could only see her and her mother Sybille very much alike... Whether she is really the biological daughter of King Albert II --- we might never know about the truth --- I would say, perhaps people should just let what is gone be gone. She needs not to be recognised to be someone's daughter to have her own life. And for the royal family, esp Queen Paola, I should suppose it would be water under the bridge, no matter it is true or not.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

She is the living image of King Albert's mother : Queen Astrid.
It"s striking
Old 02-25-2008, 07:22 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

As posted by Joris on the Benelux Royals MB:

Quote:
Delphine BoŽl, daughter of King Albert II and Sybille de Selys-Longchamps, has written an autobiography Cutting through the navel string (this promises something...).
It will be published in Dutch in April by Wever en Bergh publishers.
A French edition is published by Luc Pire publishers.

More news: Delphine will have an art exhibition, starting 12 April, at De Latemse Galerij art-gallery at Sint-Martens-Latem.

On 15 May her work will be shown on VRT TV in the series Canvas Collectie.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

It would be nice if the KIng recognizes her.
Is she an artist?
Old 02-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes a scluptor
Old 02-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Aristocracy

Do we know for certain that he doesn't acknowledge her privately. Maybe out of respect for the Queen, he is more private about his relationship, if he has one, with Miss Boel.
I know their majesties went through some trying times during their marriage, but they managed to overcome them. I can honestly say this couple isn't putting on airs when they are demonstrating their affection for each other in public. I love that about them. At the anniversary of the King's 10 year enthronement when Queen Paola kissed him on the cheek--such a lovely moment--I am completely digressing here but it's one of my favorite moments between the King and the Queen
Old 03-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Delphine Boel is participating in a talentshow (canavs collectie) for artists on the Belgian television. It is for unknown belgian artists who can win an exposition in "Bozar". she is participating because she wants more recognition
for her work. She brought a work from 2004 for the judges. It was a typical work of her. 'The truth can set you free’, stands in big letters on a belgian flag. She got trough the first round with this work.
Picture
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

Article in dutch
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Article/Det...MA15032008_003
Old 03-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Delphine Boel Attends The Canvas Collection Jury In Brussels
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM - MARCH 15
Gallery from Getty
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 03-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Courtier

Has the King supported her fianancially?
Would she be entitled to an inheritance when he dies?
Don't take this wrong but I have a feeling when King Albert dies there will be a fight over a share of his estate.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:20 PM
Administrator

The Times has an interview with Delphine, with a telling title:

Quote:
Illegitimate daughter aims poisoned art at Belgian king

It's a family matter, says the artist and "love child" of Belgian king who channels her disappointment at her father's rejection into her art.
IN a departure from Belgium’s usually reverent treatment of its royalty, the illegitimate daughter of King Albert II is about to publish a book attacking him for disowning her. The autobiography of Delphine BoŽl, an artist, will be published next month and coincides with an exhibition of her work expressing bitterness towards the king. Some are accusing her of an anti-royalist plot to undermine a divided country but BoŽl, 40, insists that her grievances are merely a family matter.

“We’ve never had a big-time daddy-daughter relationship,” she said last week in her Brussels studio. “The last time I saw him I was 25 years old. I’ve tried several times to talk to him since then but he doesn’t want to know.”
Read the entire article here.

--

Delphine showed the King and Queen as pigs.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:04 PM
Heir Apparent

What a sad, sad story. Why doesn't Ms. Boel work out her rage and pain in therapy? It's because she obviously wants to hurt her father and Queen Paola.

And sorry Albert, but Delphine does indeed have her grandmother Queen Astrid's eyes.....
Old 04-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Aristocracy

its really no poit for him to deny the fact that she is his daughter.....she's a complete copy of her grandmom....
Old 04-01-2008, 10:17 AM

Hello this is my first time but when did King Albert have this affair. Did queen paola know about the daughter long before it can out. also delphine doesnt really look that much like King albert
Old 04-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Delphine showed the King and Queen as pigs.
Yes, there's a way to build a good father-daughter relationship.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl of Richmond View Post
Hello this is my first time but when did King Albert have this affair. Did queen paola know about the daughter long before it can out. also delphine doesnt really look that much like King albert

Albert began the affair during the mid 1960's and it continued for 18 years, which is really surprising. It ended when Albert and Paola reconciled in the early 80's.

Delphine was born in 1968.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne View Post
Yes, there's a way to build a good father-daughter relationship.
I think she gave that idea up that that is ever going to happen. I have doubts about her artistic motivs to keep talking about it all in the press and now showing the King and Queen as pigs. It seems she makes the most of her position and tries to get press attention for her work.

Still, a father who refuses to see you should be very painfull and she has every right in the world to be angry at the King. The reason why she usually let Paola share the insults is because in Delphine's eyes it is esp. Paola who doesn't want her husband to see Delphine.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think she gave that idea up that that is ever going to happen. I have doubts about her artistic motivs to keep talking about it all in the press and now showing the King and Queen as pigs. It seems she makes the most of her position and tries to get press attention for her work.

Still, a father who refuses to see you should be very painfull and she has every right in the world to be angry at the King. The reason why she usually let Paola share the insults is because in Delphine's eyes it is esp. Paola who doesn't want her husband to see Delphine.

This is exactly my opinion as well. She has given up trying to win her father's affection and is strictly lashing out. I understand her feelings but I think she is being counterproductive.

Albert should be ashamed of himself, and Paola too if she is the one who insisted that he cut all ties to his own flesh and blood. Delphine is not responsible for how she came into the world.

Ultimately, Albert's subjects are going to think less of him because of his attitude.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Royal Highness

He carried on an 18 year relationship with Sybille, but refuses to acknowledge Delphine as his child? That is very selflish, and simply wrong. No wonder she is so angry, I really do not blame her. Let's look at it this way--she's become a mother and she wants her children to know their heritage, where they come from, and have something to be proud of. Albert won't give her that. I feel badly for her.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 04-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I have been shocked to read the thread about the illegitimate daughter of King Albert II. The whole situation is rather unpleasant for the both sides. Negative feelings and anger of Delphine Boel are understandable. Still she should keep in mind that it is impossible to win anything by force. It is seems to me that Ms. Boel strives to get recognition in the world of art by capitalizing on her relations to the Royal Family. Given Ms. Boelís rather ambiguous actions, I tend to share Sassyís opinion (see post#70) about a possible fight to acquire her share of her biological fatherís estate.
As for Baroness Sybille de Selys Longchamps, she is not the first mistress, who has been pushed aside after a relatively-long affair. I am curious to know how the mass media learnt about Ms. Boelís existence.

Tags
delphine boŽl, illegitimate children, king albert ii