Delphine Boël, daughter of King Albert II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, to be honest, the most incapable nitwits are asked for comments, just because they are a "celeb" and that is not different with Madame Boël here. She gives comments on current affairs "from a cultural viewpoint". However: with the makers has been agreed that there would be no any question related to the monarchy or the royal family or her lawsuit.

Here a video with Delphine: Delphine Boël rejoint les chroniqueurs de "On refait le monde" sur Bel RTL

I try to be neutral about the situation, but she does seem to not just want recognition by K.Albert..
Oh yes, in the beginning I liked her and I understood her but now....I think it's clear what she really really want:lol:

Yeah, she's blacklisted so badly her face never shows up in the media and she is unable to leave Belgium because Interpol would come after her...
Oh wait... :rolleyes:

The lady is a bit gaga: "[...] For years I have lived in London and I still have a bank account, for when I travel to there and need to buy underwear for the children, or so. [...]"

One:
I have no British bank account but nevertheless never had any problem with pumping hard Euros into the local economy. There is no any need to have a British bank account to purchase something in London!

Two:
Going to London to buy underwear for the children???? As if Brussels does not have the best and the finest possible underwear, if you are looking for that....

:ermm:

Sounds like a pretty ridiculous person.. isn't there a Marks and Spencers in Belgium for her to buy underwear?

However 'weird' Delphine Boël may seem, I sympathize with her wish to be acknowledged by her birth father. So I don't mean her legal father.
Although it's not proven (yet), she bears a strong resemblance to the late Queen Astrid.

It would be a funny thing when King Albert would make a move like the late Prince Bernhard Sr. of the Netherlands and acknowledge Delphine after his death (disclaimer: not implying I wish for that to happen anytime soon. Just stating the possibility).

I can understand that she might like his acknowledging her, but IMO she is pushing it so much, that it seems more to do with the fact that hes a king. If he were a bus conductor, would she bother

I can understand that she might like his acknowledging her, but IMO she is pushing it so much, that it seems more to do with the fact that hes a king. If he were a bus conductor, would she bother

Well, Albert was the king, and it is a bit aimless to engage in hypotheticals. He had a relationship with his daughter and her mother for many years, and then cut it off without explanation. Plenty of adult children are interested in knowing who their biological parents are, regardless of the status of said parents.

Delphine has been legally entitled to every action that she has taken in the courts.

So, it is purely a matter of opinion that "she is pushing it [too] much."

She's been pushing it for years, and I believe mainly because he's been so resistent for years. All he vaguely mentioned about it was in his Christmas speech of 1999. "The Queen and I have thought about the crisis that our couple has endured, which was recently pushed back into our memory. At this moment 30 years ago. We do not wish to further comment on this, she belongs to our private life."
She's been burked.

We don't know whether she would also be pushing this hard if he were a bus conductor, for if he were it wouldn't be a known case and then she would just be chasing her wish in the anonimity of the general masses.

I just think she wants to be acknowledged by her birth father, famous (because King) or not.

Well, Albert was the king, and it is a bit aimless to engage in hypotheticals. He had a relationship with his daughter and her mother for many years, and then cut it off without explanation. Plenty of adult children are interested in knowing who their biological parents are, regardless of the status of said parents.

Delphine has been legally entitled to every action that she has taken in the courts.

That's basically it.

Last edited:

There is common sense. If he does not want to acknowledge her, and has to be pushed into it by some legal compulsion, then he's (a) not a very nice person and (b) I cant see what kind of relationship of father and daughter could result from such a situation.

There is common sense. If he does not want to acknowledge her, and has to be pushed into it by some legal compulsion, then he's (a) not a very nice person and (b) I cant see what kind of relationship of father and daughter could result from such a situation.

Perhaps we are forgetting that "common sense" plays a smaller role in situations where family and emotional attachments are involved, such as in this case.

Maybe she doesn't want a father and daughter relationship persé. For some people it is enough to be acknowledged so that they know where they come from. Which can fill a hole inside.

So far it is extremely silent around Madame Boël, eh... "De Belgique". Even her new career as a sidekick annex columnist in media has been totally unnoticed so far.

You seem to have noticed it, so that is a start ;). Perhaps she can branch out in the future.

What is she writing for?

Last edited:
So far it is extremely silent around Madame Boël, eh... "De Belgique". Even her new career as a sidekick annex columnist in media has been totally unnoticed so far.
Right you are.

I understood she would be a sidekick on RTL Radio and a "chroniqueuse" for Gala Magazine. After that I have never heard about Delphine. Neither in regular media nor on internet forums.

That article did not mention the information that Jacques Boël has taken all possible arrangements to ensure that his legal daughter Delphine will inherit nothing c.q. as little as possible. Jacques is one of the wealthiest men of Belgium. When Delphine started to hang the dirty laundry out of the window, she not only became on collison course with her alleged biological father. Her legal father -whom always tried to keep the lowest possible profile- felt publicly desavoued by Delphine and became a bitter opponent.

IMO it is very telling that you get satisfaction from reciting the same 'he disinherited her so now she has no money' refrain for years now. It's not all about money, not everyone is that base and crass.

Last edited:
What does she want? If she's Albert's daugther, IMO it is clealry not soemting he wants publicised and Im sure Delphines' mother would also prefer it to be kept quiet. Delphine is presuambly ok money wise... so why does she want "open recognition?"
Her parents were wrong in producing a child in such circumstances, and it is problaby something they feel embarassed about and want to keep private. How does Paola feel with all this washing of her husband's dirty linen in public? I understand that she and Albert have mended their marriage and want to put their past mistakes behind them.

When he went back to his wife I think Delphine was too young to voice her hurt, even if she did voice it Albert didn't hear it. She was a hurt and confused young lady and her probable father wanted to ignore her. At first I think all she wanted was recognition from the king, she may have even tried to get in contact with him through private channels but was told he wasn't interested in pursuing a relationship with her.

At that point I think it became somewhat vindictive, she wasn't going to be swept under the rug that easily. But honestly, if I were in her shoes I'd be pretty angry/bitter what have you. Now it's game on, she tried the subtle route and that didn't work, so now it's all very 'in your face'.

She's lived all her life with the adults lying to her. It sounds like she and her mother have made peace over it (her mother has talked to the press, so privacy is not an issue for her). Albert's king-size ego won't allow him to feel bad about how he handled the situation, he's always right. So yes, he doesn't want it dragged out in public, but who cares? It's not about what he wants, he's gotten what he wants all his life. It's about what a hurt little girl wants, an innocent in a very adult game. A real man would stand up and face the music. This is all JMO.

IMO it is very telling that you get satisfaction from reciting the same 'he disinherited her so now she has no money' refrain for years now. It's not all about money, not everyone is that base and crass.

Tsss... tsss...
calm down and point your arrows towards Delphine. It was she herself whom started talking about money in an interview with Le Soir in 2013 and it are not my words but her words that "Boël" (as she so nicely refers to her father) has done everything possible to keep her away from her fortune. Either one is complete in providing information, or one is selective....

"Boël, mon père adoptif, a pris des dispositions en vertu desquelles je n’hérite rien. Je ne suis ni ne serai l’héritière de la famille Boël."

("Boël, my adoptive father, has made arrangements to make sure that I will inherit nothing. I am not and never will be the heiress of the Boël family").

Delphine Boël affirme que son père légal l'a écartée de tout héritage - DH.be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom