Old 09-23-2014, 08:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well said, Marengo!!!

Old 09-23-2014, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Well said, Marengo!

As I said before as well...

1) Delphine didn't ask to be born.
2) Shame on Albert for not living up to his responsibilities but as stated before he isn't actually a great father to his other children, so why should we expect different for the child who was the result of an extra martial affair.
3) If Albert had acknowledged the child in some ways years ago, it might not have blown up like this.
4) While I feel for Paola, knowing that a child exists that is eternal proof of your husband's infidelities, it would have been nice if she would have been the bigger person and encouraged Albert to acknowledge the child and have some type of relationship with Delphine. But again, I can only guess how she feels.
5) I hope Delphine realizes that she might win the battle (be legally acknowledged as Albert's daughter) but lose the war (have no relationship with her siblings and/or father) . I hope that this has been worth it.

I don't think she is a gold digger.As I said before, there are many people who don't get over being abandoned by one or both of their parents. If she didn't have a great relationship with her "legal" father, he wasn't there while she was growing up and she feels like there is a connection missing with him....she might be trying to fill the hole with her battle to be acknowledged by Albert.

I wonder if she will ever be content. Because I don't think "winning" this acknowledgement will bring her peace.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is all sad. Delphine is, probably, Albert's child. I doubt if she is ion this for the money, because if she just had clammed up she would be the heir to her naming father's estate. I think she wants recognition from a parent. More is the pity that he doesn't just say, she is my child. Who cares. It will not change the outcome of the world.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:05 PM
Courtier

I think if she 'wins' the ruling, she'll lose a lot; she just lost her inheritance from Boel who is likely ticked that her comfortable upbringing he provided has been thrown back in his face and I hope she realizes that this is going to be a Pyrrhic victory.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
I do think this will set a precedent; if Boel wins, then Nicole Coste could argue for recognition for Alexandre, resulting in a possible instatement of Alexandre as Prince Albert of Monaco's son and entitled to a place in the succession.
Monaco is a Sovereign principality with it's own Constitution. No European Court can overturn it. Nicole can argue until she's blue in the face, it won't happen.

As for Delphine, I agree with COUNTESS. She probably wants nothing more from Albert except acknowledgement. It would have cost him nothing, especially since a five year old can see that she is a clone of his late mother.

He and Paola have botched this situation beyond belief, and I feel nothing but disgust toward them for doing it.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:42 PM
Serene Highness

Sounds more like Delphine Boel wants to be recognized as being one of the King's daughters and is using a direct way to get this. Even if it were proven that she is the King's daughter, doesn't look like she is going to be embraced by his half-siblings or the rest of the Belgian Royal Family anytime soon.

She is pushing the issue, it seems and I'm guessing that this is probably why she has been disinherited by her father's side of the family. It doesn't really seem to be helping her case though.

I would have to wonder if she didn't pursue this and didn't make an issue of it maybe at some point they might come around and accept her into the family.

I just curious. How did she find out about this? Did someone tell her or did she hear it through the grapevine or perhaps heard someone talking about it.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Monaco is a Sovereign principality with it's own Constitution. No European Court can overturn it. Nicole can argue until she's blue in the face, it won't happen.

As for Delphine, I agree with COUNTESS. She probably wants nothing more from Albert except acknowledgement. It would have cost him nothing, especially since a five year old can see that she is a clone of his late mother.

He and Paola have botched this situation beyond belief, and I feel nothing but disgust toward them for doing it.
How on earth has this been botched? Delphine by all accounts had a father who is among the top ten wealthiest people in Belgium.

Second, if the DM is correct and Delphine is moved into the line of succession, it means that other people will be bumped down and of course, there will be a huge amount of resentment against Delphine among the legitimately born siblings. Who likely dislike her already.

*puts flame suit on* At the time, Delphine's mother was (and is) a Baroness and had a long term affair, meanwhile Delphine allegedly had a lot of Albert's attention and bonded better than with his legitimate heirs. Then Paola agreed to Bedouin's orders that they reconcile and leave their lovers and reconcile and clean up their lives. During this time, Delphine was raised by Mr. Boel who gave her the best of everything. Frankly, I don't see how she had it hard. Suddenly she goes ape and demands more. A place/relationship with the royal family, money, a place in the succession. Then during the initial blitz she ends up calling one of the royals autistic or some nonsense and calms down, but then resurfaces with this.

I cannot imagine what on earth prompted this and second, she is indeed throwing huge rocks through her own windows, sabotaging her life.

As for the succession, if the European court pushes for Delphine to be in the line of succession, then yes, it sets a precedent for an international court of law to end up changing the way the succession is decided in regards to illegitimate children. This might decide future cases where the illegitimate children of mistresses of royals end up having a right to the personal fortunes of their biological fathers and a place in the legitimate succession, then it may well be that this changes the royal game.

It also means that Sovereign nations will face serious meddling and interference within their own nations from foreign legal courts.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:54 PM
Majesty

AristoCat, when I said the situation had been botched what I meant that it had been allowed to drag on in public for far too long. I think Albert and his team have mishandled things.

Delphine might look unstable, vindictive etc...but the former King of the Belgians looks dishonorable. To me at least, that's a lot worse.

As far as illegitimate children's rights, in Monaco it has already been announced years ago that young Alexandre Coste Grimaldi will have a share in Albert's massive personal fortune when Albert dies. I assume that means big sister Jazmin will too.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:00 PM
Courtier

Yes of course; yet, thing is, that at what point is this going to end? Albert isn't the king anymore, he's the ex-king and so now Philippe has to deal with this mess.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Delphine by all accounts had a father who is among the top ten wealthiest people in Belgium.
No; he is not her father. It would seem that her father is/was the King of the Belgians.

Quote:
Second, if the DM is correct and Delphine is moved into the line of succession, it means that other people will be bumped down and of course, there will be a huge amount of resentment against Delphine among the legitimately born siblings. Who likely dislike her already.
Then she has nothing to lose in that regard. If they resent anyone, they should resent Albert. Delphine was not responsible for being conceived, and I cannot blame her at all for wanting to be acknowledged again by the father who acknowledged her for many years and then turned his back on her.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
How on earth has this been botched? Delphine by all accounts had a father who is among the top ten wealthiest people in Belgium.

*puts flame suit on* At the time, Delphine's mother was (and is) a Baroness and had a long term affair, meanwhile Delphine allegedly had a lot of Albert's attention and bonded better than with his legitimate heirs. Then Paola agreed to Bedouin's orders that they reconcile and leave their lovers and reconcile and clean up their lives. During this time, Delphine was raised by Mr. Boel who gave her the best of everything. Frankly, I don't see how she had it hard. Suddenly she goes ape and demands more. A place/relationship with the royal family, money, a place in the succession. Then during the initial blitz she ends up calling one of the royals autistic or some nonsense and calms down, but then resurfaces with this.

I cannot imagine what on earth prompted this and second, she is indeed throwing huge rocks through her own windows, sabotaging her life.

As for the succession, if the European court pushes for Delphine to be in the line of succession, then yes, it sets a precedent for an international court of law to end up changing the way the succession is decided in regards to illegitimate children. This might decide future cases where the illegitimate children of mistresses of royals end up having a right to the personal fortunes of their biological fathers and a place in the legitimate succession, then it may well be that this changes the royal game.

It also means that Sovereign nations will face serious meddling and interference within their own nations from foreign legal courts.

First of all, any statement that starts with "if the DM is correct..." should be reconsidered.

An illegitimate child is typically entitled to a share of a person's personal wealth when said person dies. The portion of that wealth varies depending on the country.

That child, however, is not entitled to wealth that is not actually their parent's. The throne of Belgium is not something that Albert himself ever owned. It is owned by the Belgian government and it is the responsibility of the Belgian government to decide who gets to sit on it and who gets to be in line to maybe sit on it.

The Belgians have said that the legitimate descendants of Albert II and the male-line legitimate descendants of Leopold I are the people who get to sit on that throne. This is no more a violation of Human Rights than the fact that the President of the U.S. must be a natural born citizen who is at least 35.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
No; he is not her father. It would seem that her father is/was the King of the Belgians.

Then she has nothing to lose in that regard. If they resent anyone, they should resent Albert. Delphine was not responsible for being conceived, and I cannot blame her at all for wanting to be acknowledged again by the father who acknowledged her for many years and then turned his back on her.

I can understand why Delphine would also be resented - Albert is acting horribly in all of this, but Delphine is the one who is making sure it plays out in public. All of Albert's children should be unhappy with him (to say the least), but I can understand why the king and his (full) siblings would resent their half sibling for the intrusion into their private life.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I can understand why Delphine would also be resented - Albert is acting horribly in all of this, but Delphine is the one who is making sure it plays out in public. All of Albert's children should be unhappy with him (to say the least), but I can understand why the king and his (full) siblings would resent their half sibling for the intrusion into their private life.
If it's the only way she's going to get the recognition she wants, that's the way she has to play it. Frankly I don't care much how Albert and his legitimate children feel about this. I'd like one of those legitimate children to supply a DNA sample.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

^ Exactly. The fact that not one of them will supply a DNA sample for testing says to me that they know it will match.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
If she does get legal recognition as his biological daughter and ends up as a part of the succession and entitled to a share in the personal fortune, then what? Will she expect invitations to family events? An estate? A title? When does it end? Will she expect them to embrace her as a long lost relation?
Old 09-23-2014, 11:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
If it's the only way she's going to get the recognition she wants, that's the way she has to play it. Frankly I don't care much how Albert and his legitimate children feel about this. I'd like one of those legitimate children to supply a DNA sample.

I kind of care about what Albert's other children feel about all this. They're as innocent as Delphine.

I do agree that this is probably the only way to get the recognition that Delphine wants, but I don't necessarily know what purpose that will serve.

To me it seems like Delphine went from being a woman who had a less than ideal relationship with her legal father and no relationship with her biological one, but she was still legally entitled to part of her legal father's vast wealth when he died. Then she alienated her legal father to such a point that he's taken measures to not have her inherit from him (based on what's been said here) and had him proven to not be her bio father, while dragging her actual bio father and his other children into a legal battle... So that really all she's doing is switching one bad relationship with a man who is legally required to leave her something when he dies for another bad relationship with a man who is legally required to leave her something when he dies. If that's what she wants, then sure this is probably the only way to achieve it. But I'm still wondering what the purpose is - has she really gained anything? And is what she stands to gain worth what she's lost?

However, if her actual goal was to have any form of relationship with these people, then this is the absolutely wrong way to go about it. If she'd wanted to have any relationship with Albert or his other children then to me it seems like she should have avoided dealing with it publicly and sought out a private relationship with them. Maybe she did - she claims to have done so, although that's just her side of it. The family has been silent on the matter, because the family - and most royal families - tends to be silent on private personal matters.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:47 PM
Courtier

I wonder if she's ever had therapy sessions with a psychiatrist.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I kind of care about what Albert's other children feel about all this. They're as innocent as Delphine.
True, but their father should have thought about that before having the affair. I still see her as the victim, not them, because she is the one most disadvantaged.

Quote:
I do agree that this is probably the only way to get the recognition that Delphine wants, but I don't necessarily know what purpose that will serve.
I suppose it depends on what she wants. I am making assumptions about that since I do not know what's going on inside her head, and I could be very wrong. I am assuming she realises that, by taking the public action she has taken, she has put the royal family off side and that she does not expect a relationship with them.

Quote:
The family has been silent on the matter, because the family - and most royal families - tends to be silent on private personal matters.
Yes, and they are especially good at sweeping dirt under the mat and having it miraculously disappear.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
True, but their father should have thought about that before having the affair. I still see her as the victim, not them, because she is the one most disadvantaged.
So they are responsable for their father's actions? Have you read what kind of childhood they had? They were dumped by Albert who ran off to live with Delphine and Sybille. He didn't even care enough to celebrate christmas with them. This was their sad reality and they are as much victims as Delphine is. It surely also doesn't help that Sybille had nothing better to do than to go on tv and tell the nation that Albert loved Delphine more than them and how they were messed up by Paola. And it's a safe guess that Albert and Paola will stop to have contact with them if they dare to provide a DNA sample. It's Albert who has the keys to solve this situation and not his children who have suffered enough already and who didn't ask to be dragged into this again.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:40 AM
Courtier

^So basically Delphine had a better and closer relationship with them at an early age than his own kids from his legal union? I can see why the heirs might dislike Delphine for doing this now; supposedly the relationship was close up until the time Delphine was twelve. Then the mistress mouthing off about the wife in public, yes, I see where resentment might come from.

Closed Thread

Tags
delphine boŽl, illegitimate children, king albert ii