The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-13-2013, 12:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
To what end?

Her stepfather disowned her, her biological father is being slandered and will possibly face the fact that he has been a father to someone else's child.

Meanwhile the RF might be tied to her biologically, but it's likely that they won't have her around socially or in any way let themselves be pressured into accepting her as one of them on any legitimate or intimate basis.
To what end? To establishing that she is Albert's daughter. That is enough of an end in itself, and it makes perfect sense to me.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:44 AM
Nobility

So she gets the DNA test that proves that Albert is her biological father. All she can get from it is a part of his inheritance when he dies.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

She might not even be after money by way of inheritance or at all. It's possible all she wants to do is establish the truth of her parentage.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
So she gets the DNA test that proves that Albert is her biological father. All she can get from it is a part of his inheritance when he dies.
Again: even if he is her biological father, this does not make him the legal father and so she, as it stands, is not entitled to any inheritance... she would first have to 'unlegalize' Mr Boel as her father.
K.Albert could give her some money out of the goodness of his heart (as you can do with anybody) but as the case is developing i see that getting further and further away from happening
Old 09-13-2013, 01:46 AM
Courtier

I wonder just how things would go if Boel ended up willingly renouncing his legal obligations and status as her father, but Albert refuses to let himself be declared Delphine's legal fahter, no matter what DNA says. She would end up a creek with no legal father and Jacques could end up disowning her completely, leaving her with nothing. Imagine if you will, a woman who has no legal father and neither man required to give you anything.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
She might not even be after money by way of inheritance or at all. It's possible all she wants to do is establish the truth of her parentage.
Would she pursue "her parentage" so hard if her father wasn't a King? that's the million dollar question.

And if this was her being young and wanting to know her dad sure, I'd give her the benefit of the doubt about wanting to establish a relationship with her father but right now? it all comes down to money and "prestige" IMO.

It's not the same to be the daughter of a industrialist than the daughter of a king in terms of status.

Same case of Leandro de Borbn in Spain, he wanted to be known as the son of a King
Old 09-13-2013, 02:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I wonder just how things would go if Boel ended up willingly renouncing his legal obligations and status as her father, but Albert refuses to let himself be declared Delphine's legal fahter, no matter what DNA says. She would end up a creek with no legal father and Jacques could end up disowning her completely, leaving her with nothing. Imagine if you will, a woman who has no legal father and neither man required to give you anything.
I'm trying to imagine why it matters if a woman her age has no legal father required to give her something. Is she impoverished? I thought she had a fairly successful career.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:25 AM
Courtier

That is what I wonder too; she seemed to have a good life, now all of a sudden she's going on a rampage.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
Would she pursue "her parentage" so hard if her father wasn't a King? that's the million dollar question.
Why does it matter? And if he wasn't a king, he might not be denying it.

Quote:
And if this was her being young and wanting to know her dad sure, I'd give her the benefit of the doubt about wanting to establish a relationship with her father but right now? it all comes down to money and "prestige" IMO.
Are you absolutely sure she is after money and/or prestige? Or could it possibly be that she is finally fed up to the gills with the fact that Albert is being a coward and refusing to take responsibility for the consequences of his affair?
Old 09-13-2013, 02:33 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
If the goal was to get something that she wanted, she went about this the wrong way.

Increasingly Delphine and Sybilline are coming across as complete embittered nutjobs who are going on some rampage and getting way too personal.

Calling Philippe autistic and insulting the kids and such is going too far and she's weirding me out; she had a fairly good and easy life, so why wreck it?
You keep repeating that they insulted the children of king Philippe. I asked twice you what they said. Perhaps you missed my questions before, but what on earth did they say about his children? I have not read anything about it.

The 'autism' comment was explained over and over again, but if you want to take offence by what Sybille says you will do so. However the intent of the comment seemed more sympathetic towards Philippe than anything else. The vitriol was mainly reserved for Paola.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:18 AM
Courtier

This whole thing has brought her nothing but losses.

Disinherited by her stepfather
Alienating the royal family and whatever goodwill Albert might have left
Destroying her reputation and image
Wrecking any relationship with her legal father

If Jacques walks away and ends up leaving her with no official legal status as his daughter, Jacques might end up being able to leave her with nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
You keep repeating that they insulted the children of king Philippe. I asked twice you what they said. Perhaps you missed my questions before, but what on earth did they say about his children? I have not read anything about it.

The 'autism' comment was explained over and over again, but if you want to take offence by what Sybille says you will do so. However the intent of the comment seemed more sympathetic towards Philippe than anything else. The vitriol was mainly reserved for Paola.
I meant the kids of Albert and Paola, I should have specified.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Even if she is a golddigger, that does not change the fact that if Albert is indeed her father (which could readily be established by the DNA test she seeks) he is a coward.

Roslyn, not only safe behind her PC but also thousands of miles away from the action.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:51 AM
Courtier

If she gets confirmation that Albert is her father, hopefully she'll have closure and go on in life with peace of mind.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
If she gets confirmation that Albert is her father, hopefully she'll have closure and go on in life with peace of mind.
That is how I hope this mess ends.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:32 AM
Courtier

I hope so too; on one hand she comes off as someone people can sympathize with, but as she goes about this, she's coming off as someone who is about to go 'round the bend. A lot of peace and a lot of happiness; I just hope she doesn't try to have a title or anything else for that matter. She's losing so much that she used to have and if she finds closure, she will get peace.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
Don't throw stones unless you have walked in her shoes.
I agree, I think if anyone were in Delphine's situation, maybe one would want too to be acknowledged by biological father.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Courtier

One would think that a king- even an abdicated one- would be big enough, and noble enough, to acknowledge his own daughter. How can this hurt him? By refusing to do so, he just seems small and ordinary. Whether Delphine's motive is pure or avaricious, she is entitled to know. This story would be over in 24 hours if he acted as a man should.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Courtier

I wonder really, what earthly good a DNA test will do; even if she is the natural daughter, there is no way that the RF will let her into their family life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
One would think that a king- even an abdicated one- would be big enough, and noble enough, to acknowledge his own daughter. How can this hurt him? By refusing to do so, he just seems small and ordinary. Whether Delphine's motive is pure or avaricious, she is entitled to know. This story would be over in 24 hours if he acted as a man should.
Running around slandering his family isn't the way to go about it; slapping her legal father in the face, along with her stepfather is not the way to go about it.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:07 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

It is curious that some are upset because the baroness referred to autism while talking of king Philippe. Yet many these same posters -or their aunties in Belgium- do even worse, using terms as gold digger, nutjob, depraved old mare , worst woman in the world etc. to describe Sybille Selys de Longchamps. And while posters accuse Delphine/Sybille of slandering king Albert II, some do not hesitate to slander the ladies in question in return. It isn't a very edifying way of debating this matter.

As a result this thread has been cleaned up. I hope it will be possible to discuss this matter in a more suitable way and keep our heads cool, whether you agree or disagree with the people in question and their actions.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Courtier

LOL Five Fridays -<div class="yotpo reviews html_content" id="yotpoCustomInstall" data-appkey="SWyAM36dQPcyUAHQhIRFuBfI8P2uMSLvGWF1Cbwy" data-domain="fivefridays" data-product-id="5uPu" data-product-models="5uPu" data-name="Laundry Lab "QUEEN DELPHINE" t

Tags
delphine bol, illegitimate children, king albert ii