The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mara* View Post
Yes. In a nutshell: He is portrayed as infertile fool with a bad character and an ugly nose. Sybille mentioned many intimate details of theirrelationship that he certainly didnt want to see on tv.
Sybille did not call her ex-husband a fool. She did say that she had thought that *she* was unable to have children, which is why she and Albert used no protection...and voila! If Delphine is not biologically his daughter, then BoŽl by all means may be infertile as he will have had no children by either wife.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Sybille did not call her ex-husband a fool. She did say that she had thought that *she* was unable to have children, which is why she and Albert used no protection...and voila! If Delphine is not biologically his daughter, then BoŽl by all means may be infertile as he will have had no children by either wife.
I have explained the fool part here Delphine BoŽl
and yes, she explicitly said during the interview that her husband obviously was unable to have children. This alone for sure is hurtful enough, must be great to have your ex-wife telling the nation you are infertile. That is my point.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Royal Highness

Apologies, I read your explanation after posting.

I watched the interview. Sybille said that she thought she was infertile and that her conceiving a baby was thus a surprise. Even if it is true that he is unable to have children, Jacques BoŽl is not any less of a human being because of it.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Courtier

If..I repeat If..Sybillie really let her husband live under the myth that Delphine was his own child, (for whatever period of time), she was the nastiest woman on this planet.
All it needs is a dozen such women and stories, and maybe people will stop trusting their wives and moms and start insisting on DNA test at every birth..
I wonder how such an honor-less woman is so shamelessly bashing him as infertile tool/useless jerk/whatever..
Old 09-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Majesty

This whole saga and interview made Baroness Sybille come across as ill-bred. Your aunt's remarks may have a point.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Courtier

Jacques BoŽl fertility issues should have NEVER been discussed in public, he has nothing to do with what Albert and Sybille did, same with Philippe's supposed "autism"

So we can say that besides a cheater, she's also a selfish person who would stop at nothing to get revenge, I can feel sympathy for Delphine because in the end she never asked to be born but not for her mother.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
If..I repeat If..Sybillie really let her husband live under the myth that Delphine was his own child, (for whatever period of time), she was the nastiest woman on this planet.
All it needs is a dozen such women and stories, and maybe people will stop trusting their wives and moms and start insisting on DNA test at every birth..
I wonder how such an honor-less woman is so shamelessly bashing him as infertile tool/useless jerk/whatever..
AFAIK there are about 10% to 15% of Kuckuckskinder in the western world ... and that since a long time; so there are a lot of 'nastiest people' on that planet
Old 09-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mara* View Post
@ Laurent: It was Laurent's lawyer who said Laurent could provide the DNA sample, not Laurent himself. Laurent's lawyer is a notorious attention seeker who has done statements like this before and nothing happened in the end. The press contacted Laurent and he replied he will do nothing that will put pressure on his relationship with Philippe. It was the second time that Laurent was contacted by the press after Philippe took over. And he basically said the same both times. He stressed that he has a good relationship with the palace again now, that he wants to keep it this way and that he will fully support his brother. Today he and Claire will attend a gala and the press release explicitly mentioned that Laurent and Claire are there as stand-in of the king and the queen. There was a real effort to make Laurent a part of the team again. Good for them, let's hope it stays this way. And I'm pretty sure that if Laurent has to chose between Delphine and his dotation he will chose the latter.
I think that's because Philippe supported Laurent publicly during some of his screw ups

Philippe: "Mon frŤre restera toujours mon frŤre" - 7SUR7.be

So probably Laurent feels grateful for that and wants to support Philippe, but not their father, with whom he's always had an awful relationship.

Also the fact that Claire and Mathilde get along pretty well so they might be seeing each other more than when they were single.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
If Sybille deceived Boel in that way, it's rather poor form but hardly makes her the nastiest woman on this planet. It wouldn't be the first time a man has raised children he did not in fact sire believing them to be his own, and I'm sure it won't be the last. Though it's not an admirable practice, it does not put her in the same class as, for example, a serial killer.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Royal Highness

Seriously. Has no one heard of Catherine the Great? She did the same thing.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Seriously. Has no one heard of Catherine the Great? She did the same thing.
Catherine the Great lived in 18th century. The World has changed a bit since.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:02 AM
Royal Highness

Obviously. My comment was directed to the poster who wrote that Sybille de Sťlys Longchamps was the nastiest woman on earth for potentially deceiving her husband regarding the paternity of her child. Hardly.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Courtier

so now we're defending Sybille over semantics?
truth is, she's doing this out of spite, if this was to support her daughter, she wouldn't need to throw Jacques BoŽl or Philippe under the bus and no amount of apologists can say that is correct, that's nearly as bad as calling Albert innocent in this whole issue.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
I have family in Belgium, and they say Delphine is just a frustrated artist wanting money from King Albert , and trying to drawn attention to her awful artistic work.
And, using my aunt's words, "Sybille is a dreadful old mare, driven by the ambition to be as important and loved as Queen Paola".
The feelings of the population are rather mixed, but for sure everyone is near to saturation.
Time goes against Delphine. As the whole issue was raised at the same time as the news that Jacques Boel had disinherited her, the reasons for her claims are suspicious, and why do they come so late??
Old 09-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

"for sure everyone is near to saturation" I have never read something more accurate !!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
The feelings of the population are rather mixed, but for sure everyone is near to saturation.
Time goes against Delphine. As the whole issue was raised at the same time as the news that Jacques Boel had disinherited her, the reasons for her claims are suspicious, and why do they come so late??
If the goal was to get something that she wanted, she went about this the wrong way.

Increasingly Delphine and Sybilline are coming across as complete embittered nutjobs who are going on some rampage and getting way too personal.

Calling Philippe autistic and insulting the kids and such is going too far and she's weirding me out; she had a fairly good and easy life, so why wreck it?
Old 09-12-2013, 10:05 PM
Courtier

Don't throw stones unless you have walked in her shoes.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:04 AM
Courtier

Maybe the RF hopes Delphine and Sybille will just run out of steam in the ling run. It's not like even a DNA test will ever make her an accepted member of that family.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
Maybe the RF hopes Delphine and Sybille will just run out of steam in the ling run. It's not like even a DNA test will ever make her an accepted member of that family.
No, it can't make her an "accepted" member of that family, but it can establish that she IS a member of that family.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:22 AM
Courtier

To what end?

Her stepfather disowned her, her biological father is being slandered and will possibly face the fact that he has been a father to someone else's child.

Meanwhile the RF might be tied to her biologically, but it's likely that they won't have her around socially or in any way let themselves be pressured into accepting her as one of them on any legitimate or intimate basis.

Closed Thread

Tags
delphine boŽl, illegitimate children, king albert ii