The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 07:34 AM
Heir Apparent

This thread is unpleasant for the Belgians members of the board.
Please know the Belgian Law :
1. Delphine has an official Father and may NOT have two official Fathers
2. King Philippe MAY NOT recognize a sister
This is now in the hand of their lawyers and mainly in the hand of Mr Jacques Boel's lawyer, He is great and successful Belgian business man " un capitaine d'industrie", he did not deserve this ugly situation.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:12 AM
Courtier

I wonder how Jacques feels seeing a woman he raised as his own, happily and willingly pretty much throw all these years back in his face as his daughter determinedly disowns him in her determination to be recognized as the daughter of a king.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
2. King Philippe MAY NOT recognize a sister
This is now in the hand of their lawyers and mainly in the hand of Mr Jacques Boel's lawyer, He is great and successful Belgian business man " un capitaine d'industrie", he did not deserve this ugly situation.
THANK YOU ! As a Belgian member I thank you !!!!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
I wonder how Jacques feels seeing a woman he raised as his own, happily and willingly pretty much throw all these years back in his face as his daughter determinedly disowns him in her determination to be recognized as the daughter of a king.
Jaques Boel doesn't seem to be too impressed by Delphine's actions. His lawyer stated that he doesn't intend to renounce paternity. Agree with Maria-Olivia, he doesn't deserve to be bashed like this on tv.

As for Sybille, she really shot herself in the foot by giving this interview. She intended to help Delphine this way, but she sure has failed.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:42 AM
Aristocracy

@ Laurent: It was Laurent's lawyer who said Laurent could provide the DNA sample, not Laurent himself. Laurent's lawyer is a notorious attention seeker who has done statements like this before and nothing happened in the end. The press contacted Laurent and he replied he will do nothing that will put pressure on his relationship with Philippe. It was the second time that Laurent was contacted by the press after Philippe took over. And he basically said the same both times. He stressed that he has a good relationship with the palace again now, that he wants to keep it this way and that he will fully support his brother. Today he and Claire will attend a gala and the press release explicitly mentioned that Laurent and Claire are there as stand-in of the king and the queen. There was a real effort to make Laurent a part of the team again. Good for them, let's hope it stays this way. And I'm pretty sure that if Laurent has to chose between Delphine and his dotation he will chose the latter.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Courtier

Is the duo bashing Jaques Boel also?
Old 09-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Gentry

Often, unpleasant things must be discussed in order that they be brought to light and rectified. If it is unpleasant for the people of Belgium, I am sure it is equally so for Delphine.

Albert and Paola fell back in love at a ball. It does not matter. A criminal often feels guilty and will profess their new self as changed. They still committed the crimes and must pay for their actions. That includes righting any wrongs that came of their acts.

Delphine is here, she is human. She is entitled to basic human dignity of her name and reputation. I still can not fathom how it is okay for Delphine to be vilified for her mother's actions in the interview but Phillipe must not be tainted by this because he is innocent of his father's actions. You say she must pay because she clearly takes "profit from this story." I see no profit in what is being said about her. If either side must suffer from repercussions then it is all. DELPHINE WAS NOT INTERVIEWED. She is not responsible for her mother's well intentioned but poorly advised interview that she obviously gave from a place of anger to defend her child. She deserves basic dignity and justice for what has been done and is still being done to her and her reputation. That is after all, the legacy you leave behind.

As far as Boel being successful...that does not make him any less or more worthy of this situation. Being rich and successful (or not so) in Delphine's case does not make you any more or less worthy of being a victim. Delphine is also not deserving of this situation it is not of her own making. I have not seen anything Delphine has said against him. She said he disowned her when she displeased the palace by admitting Albert was her father biologically. How did he suddenly become the only victim?

Boel is not her father. If he loved her, he would be behind her the entire way. Where was he when Albert was helping raise her? Why did Albert and not he visit her when she was hospitalized after finding out the truth?

It is exactly because of the actions taken by others, where media chased her, authors dragged her name out, etc that gives her the right to clear her name. Even now, you admit to going on other sites to discuss her. Has she no rights to be vindicated? If not for herself but for her child?

Last, about her career as an artist. It doesn't matter if you personally liked her work before the media chased her and outed her. She was pursuing her own life and dream. That is art. Your personal opinion does not make her not an artist or mean that now her art is only worthy because of the scandal.

There was a very well written piece by a British Peer about the law regarding children who are born outside of marriage. I wish I could still find it. It rightly pointed out that at some point a case will be put forth to the world court about the unfair treatment of a child in inheriting or being given the name of their parent. It also pointed out that they would probably win and it would have repercussions all over Europe. Delphine may be that case.

Many countries are beginning to move into the modern era and treating all children fairly regardless d their parents legal situation. They are after all, innocent. France recently made illegitimate children equal heirs in their parents estate (why Albert of Monaco must equally share his personal fortune with his children). In France, if two parents agree (or are forced by paternity suits) to have their names On the birth documents, they are considered legitimate.

I am sorry that so many feel distaste for this in Belgium. Unfortunately, this is not something that should be swept under the carpet. All Albert has to do is agree to the test and clear her name. She is not asking for a state salary (unlike his other children). She is not asking for titles or a place in the succession. She is asking her parents and extended family to do the right thing by her and her child. As long as the palace is against her she will be treated poorly, along with her child.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
I wonder how Delphine feels about the man who raised her disowning her for telling the truth about her birth father. She did not rush out seeking the media. The media stalked her after the boom about Paola came out. He should have been and should be supporting her if he loved her so. He is not. Is he not throwing it back in her face? Where was he when Albert was 'helping to raise' Delphine?

I certainly do not see her happily throwing anything at him. She is not attacking Boel. This is about the actions of her mother and father.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
Is the duo bashing Jaques Boel also?
Yes. In a nutshell: He is portrayed as infertile fool with a bad character and an ugly nose. Sybille mentioned many intimate details of theirrelationship that he certainly didnt want to see on tv.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
this thread is unpleasant for the belgians members of the board.
Please know the belgian law :
1. Delphine has an official father and may not have two official fathers
2. King philippe may not recognize a sister
this is now in the hand of their lawyers and mainly in the hand of mr jacques boel's lawyer, he is great and successful belgian business man " un capitaine d'industrie", he did not deserve this ugly situation.
Amen!!!!!!!

Queen Mathilde
Old 09-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Booing as Newbie you should read the other threads of the Royal Forums and see the way they are written in a correct and short way !
Old 09-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Gentry

Did Sybille actually say "he is a infertile tool, bad man, etc" or is that your interpretation?

Again, there is no duo here. Delphine was not interviewed. Sybille, her words and actions reflect on her alone. Her choices in life are not controlled by Delphine. Both are grown adults.

Sybille is no saint but Boel can not claim no knowledge. Albert was helping to raise his 'daughter'? When Delphine found out she was hospitalized with anorexia and the King visited her there. If these things are the truth then what beef has Boel for Delphine telling the truth?

If this is so unpleasant to all the Belgians why not attack the persons responsible? Sybille, Albert and Paola. I do not understand how anyone can put Sybille's words as coming from Delphine. Is your King responsible for his father?
Old 09-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I wonder what this will mean for Delphine; if she has Jacques as her official father, that might prevent Delphine from getting Albert to be forced to recognize her in any way.

Quote:
I wonder how Delphine feels about the man who raised her disowning her for telling the truth about her birth father.
And? He supposedly disowned her after she started pursuing this mission to have (now former) King Albert recognize her in an official manner. Jacques raised her and supported her financially and gave her his name and life. If I were Boel I would work at remaining her official father and I would certainly not want to support her anymore if she is so determined to not be his daughter.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Gentry

She is not determined to be anyone's daughter. She just is. You do not chose your biology. She wants her identity and a clear name. Adopted children go out and seek their birth parents frequently. That does not mean they are throwing their love and years of support away.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Courtier

I understand that aspect, clearly; yet, officially/legally she is Boel's daughter. That won't be easy to change, especially if he refuses to give up his legal status as father.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Gentry

Boel disowned her, may not be legal. Perhaps he feels Sybille tricked him. Did he find the truth late and have the same feelings as Delphine? If he refuses, that would be admirable and Delphine deserves a father who wants her. I doubt that is the case, unfortunately.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booing View Post
Did Sybille actually say "he is a infertile tool, bad man, etc" or is that your interpretation?
Yes, she said these things. She also mentions how Delphine reacted when Sybille told her the truth "Phheww. I don't get the big nose and the bad character of Jaques Boel." Fool was my summary of her description how she tricked her husband into believing Delphine was his child and how he held on the idea that he was Delphines father while he could know that he wasn't. She said only unflattering things about Boel, not one nice word of gratitude for him, while he provided financial support, gave her daughter his name and put up appearances to make things work.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Courtier

Delphine will get a share either way, but pursuing paternity acknowledgement has just brought her a lot of pain and unfavorable notoriety. She's disowned and Jacques feels betrayed by his wife and the woman he raised and supported as his daughter.

For all we know Jacques may want to be her father and be her official father, but apparently this isn't enough for Delphine. I hope she knows what she's doing. I wonder if Jacques will refuse to renounce his official paternity, which means that it would prevent Delphine from having Albert declared her official father, which means that no matter what the DNA says, she is not going to be recognized as Albert's legal issue and therefore won't be entitled to anything from Albert or the Belgian RF.

I wonder if Delphine will pressure Jacques to renounce his official status as father, which might turn into a very nasty fight since Boel might end up refusing out of spite, just to hurt Delphine as he himself has been hurt, first by seeing Delphine reject him in favor of a higher status potential father and then by Sybilline and then watching this whole thing unravel.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
She said it.

Quote:
If this is so unpleasant to all the Belgians why not attack the persons responsible? Sybille, Albert and Paola. I do not understand how anyone can put Sybille's words as coming from Delphine. Is your King responsible for his father?
Because, well, no offense, but until proven otherwise she's not King Alberts daughter.
And where is Queen Paola responsible for Delphine?

Queen Mathilde
Old 09-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Again, there is no duo here. Delphine was not interviewed. Sybille, her words and actions reflect on her alone. Her choices in life are not controlled by Delphine. Both are grown adults.
People are not blind. And they have seen enough of Delphine over the years to form an opinion. Delphine has made her parentage integral part of her art and marketing. There are ppl who pay for her overpriced art because they think its nice to have a piece of work from Albert's daughter. And there are ppl who take sides with Albert. All legitimate imo, everyone makes choices.
And it's not only Sybille talking to the media, Delphine has given many interviews in Belgium and abroad and she has written a book on her father. The media surely courts her more than they hunt her. She gets tv time and press attention whenever she has vernissages or designs stuff like official Coca Cola bins. And even more so, for ex in January the palace has spread photographs on occasion of Mathildes 40th birthday. The next week Delphine had a TV team following her to a photostudio in Paris to get the same pictures done as Mathilde had. There she was talking about her resemblance with Albert and so on. No other young artist in Belgium gets so much attention than she does. She is also part of Brussles upper crust and attends many high society events in Brussels and Knokke. Here she is posing with the Belgian foreign minister.
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
Looks like the discrimination is really widespread. Alberts lawyer also mentioned that he intervened when Delphine had difficulties. All we ever get to hear are the things Sybille and Delphine tell. They count on the fact that the royal family will not react and when Alberts lawyer talked to the press they were unhappy of course.

Sure, being the illegitimate daughter of Albert has negative sides, but so has being the legitimate child of Albert. C'est la vie. And here I say it: Delphine and her mother just come across as spoiled rich kids who scream blue murder if they don't get their way. My opinion and my impression of them.
I think the majority of the Belgians just want Albert to recognize his daughter to make this circus stop, they get tired of it.

Closed Thread

Tags
delphine boŽl, illegitimate children, king albert ii