The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-04-2013, 02:14 AM
Courtier

What did Delphine say about Philippe's children?

Old 09-04-2013, 03:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
What did Delphine say about Philippe's children?
Let's hope nothing will be said about the little ones.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
For the law she has one father Mr BOEL who officially recognized her. He thought he was her biological Father; Sybille , his wife lies about the date of her pregnancy.
In the Belgian Law each Citizen may have only one father and King Albert has not to recognize her.
The winners in this affaire are VIER and RTL .
The losers are these two Ladies who have to fight against the Belgian's best lawyers and are more and more unpopular because they need money.
They should move back again in the UK for ever.
Indeed Maria-Olivia!!Let them go back to the UK and try,what they've tryed before,....to land a guy with a considerable bank-account....yeah...do pigs fly...well,she does to prove it.....

And as to the question if Albert is solely responsible in case of...Nah...don't think so...there must have been at least two to me thinks...one able and willing...and one wanting it all knowing full well what she was into and the consequences....That's all there is to it.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:07 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I find your logic old fashioned. He fathered her (as another poster pointed out: that is not denied by the lawyer). That he doesn't consider himself her father says more about him than anything else. It is a pity that a sympathetic man who has done an excellent job as a monarch is so foolish in dealing with this.

If he is her father -which very few people doubt- she is entitled to whatever the other 3 children will get from Albert. The time that kings and princes could just father children here and there without taking any responsibility is thankfully gone. Though in the old days kings would often take financial responsbility for their illegitemate offspring, which is not the case here. I assume it may be inconvenient for him to have a illegitemate daughter, esp. considering hs wife and his recent religious views, but he should have thought about that when he started his relationship (of 10-20 years!!!).

I have seen parts of the interview and it seems that most vitriol is directed to Paola, some for Albert and she is actually not nasty about the three children. I assume that they see Paola as one of the largest factors in Alberts position at the moment.

Like maria olivia says: Delphine will have to fight the best lawyers of the country, not an enviable job and not likely to succeed either. But I can not feel much sympathy for a man who denounces his own child, so I wish her all the best. And hopefully Albert and Paola will come to their senses, which is not a likely scenario. Perhaps the new king can intervene to limit further damage and should force his father to work this out.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:37 AM
Majesty

I wouldn't say I'm oldfashioned,it's just I have an allergy to golddiggers,they give me a rash....regardless.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes Marengo Queen Paola did have a great role in King Albert's position and decision; therefore Sybille's vitriol against her.
This evening we have it in french on RTL .
Old 09-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Aristocracy

Since Queen Paola was (and still is) his wife she finally had every right to go for her marriage (happy or not)
On what moral grounds Sybille thinks she has the right to be the judge and condemn her for that?
Old 09-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't blame Paola for "going for her marriage"....whatever that means. But Paola spent years engaging in extra-marital affairs of her own. So while she and her husband were making the decision to pursue relationships outside their marriage a child was conceived as a result.

Then, because Albert and Paola had an epiphany and decided to return to their marriage and honor the vows they made(a good decision btw) Paola decides with Albert's consent- to pretend that the human being he is responsible for fathering doesn't exist...against all evidence to the contrary??

This is selfish, stupid, even irrational. It seems to confirm rumors that I have read about this couple's(especially Paola's) self-absorbed, immature attitude in their early years but something I had expected them to have grown past...especially given their much touted religious re-awakening.

A cruel denial of one's own flesh and blood doesn't jibe with authentic spirituality, imo. Delphine and her mother are behaving despicably, but I place 90% of the blame on Albert and Paola. They are thinking of themselves as usual, and once again their children are paying for their mistakes just as they did when they were young.

It doesn't surprise me at all that Astrid and Philippe and Laurent are not close with them.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Courtier

Paola fought for her marriage just like Princess Di did, but Paola won out in the end. It was her marriage, not Delphine's mother. Albert legally and in some ways, spiritually is bound to Paola, who is his wife and has first claim. Now, they did have their affairs, but in the end decided to end up coming back together for their kids, themselves, and the nation. It was something that wasn't just about them, but about the monarchy.

Now, Delphine's mother had no business messing around with a married man and married men in positions like Albert rarely leave their wives. Now Paola had affairs, yes, but she returned to her marriage as well. Both are selfish, but the people they had affairs with are no holy innocent saints. Baroness could have ended up avoiding this by being faithful to her husband. Perhaps this is all about sour grapes; Baroness thought perhaps she might have become the wife, but it didn't happen.

Maybe Albert is being a huge pig, but Baroness had better get her daughter to wise up and end up going on in life. This is turning from acknowledgement to something else entirely. If Albert wants to be a selfish jerk, let him answer to God for it. Baroness and Delphine have no business making Paola out to be some snake who had the nerve to want her husband to herself (and Albert required the same). I wonder, if this were the Diana/Charles/Camilla saga, would people judge Diana for wanting her marriage to survive?
Old 09-04-2013, 12:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
If Albert wants to be a selfish jerk, let him answer to God for it.
For the sake of expediency, Delphine BoŽl would clearly rather get a ruling from an earthly arbiter first.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Courtier

Our Daughter is Called Delphine

Old 09-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Courtier

Ok lets set aside all this moral/ethical/love/relation stuff..
Please tell me what exactly is the Belgian law for this particular case..
A married man has a child with another woman. But the second woman goes on to marry another man, and they live as a happy family for a few decades, ALL is WELL. And suddenly the daughter is disinherited. Then she claims for 'recognition'? What will be done by the courts if the man is a mere commoner?The DNA test will be done and his paternity is proved. Then what next? Is that all? Can she claim anything else based on that..

In my country (India), the child can always go for a paternity test (DNA) which no one can refuse. But THATS IT. He cannot claim even a single penny if he is born out of wedlock..
So whats the Belgian law in this matter?

I am interested only about property inheritence. I dont give a damn for 'recognition'..What exactly is this 'recognition'?
Seriously, I dont understand why any self-respecting person would run behind his 'father' who willingly abandoned him forever, just begging for a kiss and hug.. Or who would want to barge into a 'family' when they never feel you as their own? Why that desperation?
Or if for her 'recognition' meant the King coming on national TV and declaring ya she is my daughter..Well already pretty much everyone knows that. And you have lived 50 years with that..Whats your problem now suddenly..
Old 09-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Courtier

I completely agree!

What happened that made her all of a sudden think she was deserving of recognition? What on earth made her want this and then make her think she could just bully her way in?
Old 09-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
A married man has a child with another woman. But the second woman goes on to marry another man, and they live as a happy family for a few decades, ALL is WELL. And suddenly the daughter is disinherited.
Sybille de Sťlys Longchamps (b.1941) was married to Jacques BoŽl (b.1929) from 1962 to 1978. Her daughter was born in 1968. The Baroness remarried the Honourable (Michael) Anthony Rathborne Cayzer (b.1920) in 1982 and was widowed in 1990.

Jacques BoŽl remarried in 2001 to Diane de Woot de Trixhe de Jannťe (b.1943). Diane was married firstly in 1965 to Francis De Bois (b.1926), with whom she had three sons (Thierry, Arnould, and Bernard) and a daughter, Sophie (b.1970). Sophie De Bois, stepdaughter of Jacques BoŽl, has been married since 2003 to Prince Maximilian zu Ysenburg und BŁdingen, with whom she has two children. Jacques BoŽl also has a brother and a sister, both of whom have issue. Perhaps he wishes to leave his assets to his stepchildren or nieces and nephews.

It is not known when exactly the disinheritance took place, nor is it known whether the family life of Sybille and Jacques was "happy."
Old 09-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Courtier

More information regarding the legal aspect:

http://www.successions-europe.eu/en/...ssion-by-will/

As Delphine is the "only child" of Jacques BoŽl, she is technically entitled to half of his estate. However, at some point, for reasons unknown to us, Jacques disinherited Delphine.

This case probably has nothing to do with money. Both of the husbands of Sybille were wealthy, and she certainly appears to be living comfortably. Furthermore, there is no factual basis to suggest that Delphine is "bankrupt."

As an adult, through various private channels, Delphine tried to reestablish a relationship with the man whom she had been told was her father and who had been a presence during her childhood. She was rebuffed in a brusque fashion. She is reacting accordingly, is not now pursuing a relationship, but is simply attempting to make her truth (i.e. that King Albert is her biological father) widely known and legally established.

I wish her the best of luck.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Courtier

Thanks, Benjamin I have gone through that.
It is all mostly technical legality. Lots of telling about what an heir should do after death, how much an heir should receive and how much an heir should pay..
But what exactly is an 'HEIR'? Its nowhere mentioned. It just speaks of fractions children, spouse and parents receive..
Can a DNA-proven-illegitimate child claim to be an heir, if not specified in will? In the article only spouse, kids and parents are mentioned..
Old 09-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Can a DNA-proven-illegitimate child claim to be an heir, if not specified in will? In the article only spouse, kids and parents are mentioned..
DNA is not relevant to make someone an heir as such. Mr Boel is her legal father and you can only have one legal father. Comparable to people who are adopted...after adoption they are not legally connected to their biological parents and are not heirs to them, they are heirs to their adoptive parents.

Ms. Boel is also including her currently legal father in this courtcase (not just K.Albert); she will first have to prove that Mr Boel is NOT her biological father and then prove that K.Albert is. I'm not sure whether she intends to want to change her 'legal father' if she can prove all of the above...
(afai understand..)

btw, as much as she insists not being the daughter of Mr.Boel...i'm not really that surprised that he will try to let her have as little of his inheritance as possible... but that is my opinion
(you cannot completely disinherit a legal child here)
Old 09-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
As an adult, through various private channels, Delphine tried to reestablish a relationship with the man whom she had been told was her father and who had been a presence during her childhood.
WHY WHY WHY
Why is she so desperate to 'reestablish a relationship' with a LOSER who is not a man enough to say he s ur dad...

Quote:
She was rebuffed in a brusque fashion.
And she seems eager to be rebuffed again and again in a much more brusque manner..And she gets a pleasure from being rebuffed.

Quote:
She is reacting accordingly, is not now pursuing a relationship, but is simply attempting to make her truth (i.e. that King Albert is her biological father) widely known and legally established.
I bet long back everyone in the picture..right from her stepfather's stepkids to Albert's extended family knew who is her father..
And what does she mean 'widely known'? Should it be written in Encyclopedia Britannica and Wikipedia (the latter will do,anyway)
And what is this 'legally established'?

Either she is a silly, sentimental fool with absolutely zero dignity and self-respect, ready to manipulated by every useless a*****e on earth, and still craving for their love/recognition/relationship..

Or she is a just another hopeless schemer, trying to live off a few days selling gossip..
Old 09-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
WHY WHY WHY
Why is she so desperate to 'reestablish a relationship' with a LOSER who is not a man enough to say he s ur dad...
Neither BoŽl nor any of her representatives have stated anything of the sort.

Quote:
And she seems eager to be rebuffed again and again in a much more brusque manner.
Presumably Delphine BoŽl believes that her suit will ultimately be successful, even if it has to go to a higher court.

Quote:
Either she is a silly, sentimental fool with absolutely zero dignity and self-respect, ready to manipulated by every useless a*****e on earth, and still craving for their love/recognition/relationship..

Or she is a just another hopeless schemer, trying to live off a few days selling gossip..
Either way, it seems as though you possess a strong (and completely rational, one is sure) dislike for Delphine BoŽl.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Courtier

Trying to put everyting I've read and seen on TV so far (I haven't seen the interview with Sybille yet, only bits and pieces in the news)

1959 Albert marries Paola. Philippe is born in 1960, Astrid in 1962, Laurent in 1963
1962 Sybille marries Jacques BoŽl
1966 Albert & Sybille start their relationship
1968 Delphine is born. Sybille is married to Jacques BoŽl so he is automatically the legal father.
Albert, Sybille and Delphine practically live together as a family in Brussels and at the Belgian coast.
1976 Albert wants to divorce Paola, Baudouin agrees, Sybille refuse to agree with the conditions the Palace demands.
1978 Sybille divorces from Jacques BoŽl
1982 Albert & Sybille's relationship ends, Sybille remarries and moves to London
1980's Albert and Paola get back together (some say they found each other again at Philippe's graduation party, other say it's around Astrids engagement)
1999 A biography of Paola reveals the existence of Delphine. And she is chased by the press. In his new year's speech at the end of 1999 Albert says 'that he and Paola were confronted with a difficult time in their marriage 30 years ago, that it is private and that he wishes not to comment on it
up until the end of 2000 Delphine receives gifts from Albert for her birthday and christmas, she calls the palace when the gifts stop coming (Sybille told this in an interview with TV show Royalty)
2003 Delphine moves to Belgium and regularly gets press attention with her art, especially the pieces in the colours of the Belgian flag or with clear references to Albert
2004 Delphine didn't want to talk about Albert for the past 5 years, but now she tells that she and Albert have no contact anymore with each other
2013 January Delphine says Jacques BoŽl did everything to keep her from inheriting from him by putting his fortune in foundations. After he dies (and when he's still his legal child) she could object to his will and claim her part.
2013 June Delphine goes to court and wants to prove her descendance with DNA from Philippe, Astrid and Jacques BoŽl
2013 July Albert abdicates
2013 September 3rd Delphine changes her case and only wants DNA from Albert (He can refuse a DNA test according the belgian law, confirmed by his lawyer)
That evening the first part of an interview with Sybille is aired. She agreed to be interviewed when it was put into a contract that the interview could not be aired before Albert's death or abdication. Apparently she wasn't expecting the abdication to happen during the interview session. Review from the first part of the interview (google translate) Google Translate

So IMO both Albert and Sybille are equally 'guilty' of Delphine's situation.
After the affair ended and Paola and Albert get back together, Albert still sends gifts to Delphine but doesn't see her anymore. That's what sometimes happens with kids from divorced parents too.
He stops sending gifts around the time Delphine gets press attention. Because he's angry of her indescretion? I also think Delphine came to Belgium hoping to launch her carreer as an artist because she's famous now and that didn't turn out the way she wanted.

I think Albert should have handled the situation in 1999 by making a Mitterand-like 'et alors' statement and Delphine should have stayed in London. She could have been his known illegitimate but discreet daughter.
But now everybody is just bitter and angry at each other
Delphine and her mom at Albert for ignoring her
Albert at Delphine for being indiscreet
Jacques BoŽl for being dragged into this whole situation.

We'll see what happens next.

Tags
delphine boŽl, illegitimate children, king albert ii