The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-23-2013, 07:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

No word about that in the national press about the Delphine affair until to day.
VIER is only in Dutch.
The most important thing in Belgium in September is our political situation before our Elections in May 2014.
I wish you happy hours in writing from abroad Belgium ...a novel !

Old 08-23-2013, 08:25 AM
Courtier

I'm a little curious as to why Albert has to do anything.

Delphine is a grown adult, why should she be supported?

Old 08-23-2013, 10:40 AM
Courtier

I don't understand what Delphinne and her mother are trying to achieve, their comments keep getting more and more personal and are now starting to appear to focus more on Philippe and Albert. This suggests to me that there are more bothered about making headlines than mending relationships, after all why suddenly start saying Philippe was brought up so badly that it made him autistic (as if thats even possible).
They don't seem to reliase that the more they say against teh family the easier and easier it will be for Albert to do nothing, if things carry on like this he'llbe able to fairly say that he wants nothing to do with Delphine and her mother as they keep attacking his (and by extension Delphine's) family. They are digging a massive hole for themselves
Old 08-23-2013, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
... [snipped] I wonder why she didn't get a more practical education and get a solid job and work on her 'art' as a hobby and extra income. Her stepfather has disowned her apparently because of this very campaign she's doing. So now she has no future prospects of inheriting. ... [snipped]
Offspring from well-to-do/rich families often fancy themselves as the next Picasso or Van Gogh and forget that a fair number of artists, who are considered to be great today, did not reap benefits of their works.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 08-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Nobility

It would not surprise me if these women ended up dragging Emmanuel's learning disability into this >.<
If that happens, they'd better brace themselves 'cuz Philippe would go for blood.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:46 PM
Serene Highness

Leidi, I thought they already had.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
I think they are going for the "Philippe is autistic" angle so far, but for what I can see, they seem to be going for Elisabeth and her siblings as well
Old 08-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

As they say, the dogs bark, but the caravan goes on.

What exactly does going for the autistic angle achieve? King Philippe did ascend the throne and is going to reign for some period of time. Neither Baroness Sybille nor her artistic offspring can do anything viable to harm the Belgian royal family, who is already besieged by never-ending "They do not do enough/are dull and uninspiring/lack charisma", annual governmental crises, and talks about the dissolution of Belgium as the state.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:20 AM
Royal Highness

i dont know if this has been posted before, i apologize if it has, ..

Sex, vintage & Royals // King Albert II (when prince) with Sybille de Selys...

King Albert II (when prince) with Sybille de Selys Longchamps and little Delphine Boel.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:25 PM
Courtier

Belgian royal family facing fresh embarrassment after mother of ŅKing Albert IIŅs love childŅ reveals details of their alleged affair in television documentary | Mail Online
Old 08-30-2013, 03:55 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you for the article.
Father or not, I believe that Albert II deserves his respect; scandalous or not he was a king of a nation for about 20 years. Not many of us have lived a perfect life without mistakes and faults and scandals, and Albert II have had his share of those. Baroness Sybille is as guilty as Albert is , so she must not attack him like this, thinking that he is the worst father in the world and she is a good mother because she is honest with her child. I also don't agree about the way Albert has handled this situation, but I can understand His situation. Even if he had to forget about himself in this, he couldn't have done the same with Queen Paola and their legitimate children.
I also believe that Delphine definitely has the right to be recognised by her legitimate father, but if he doesn't want to do anything with her, she can't hurt all the people around her and burn the world to get what she already knows.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
I think they are going for the "Philippe is autistic" angle so far, but for what I can see, they seem to be going for Elisabeth and her siblings as well
Now Elisabeth?

Has this woman gone completely and utterly mad? She's now attacking the heiress to the throne and a little girl?

I hope Philippe has his kids under stricter supervision because as far as I'm concerned this woman is getting out of control.

Quote:
It would not surprise me if these women ended up dragging Emmanuel's learning disability into this >.<
If that happens, they'd better brace themselves 'cuz Philippe would go for blood.
First Astrid and Philippe (while Philippe was still Crown Prince)
Then Emmanuel? (learning disability)

Quote:
Philippe and Mathilde must be plotting how to deal effectively with her.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have stopped finding her likeable....
Old 08-30-2013, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Baroness Sybille atoned for her sins. What else has she got?
Old 08-30-2013, 06:28 PM
Courtier

This isn't about recognition, but about something seriously sick, like some demented vendetta. Going after Philippe and his kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
I have stopped finding her likeable....
I never liked her in the first place.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:37 AM
Royal Highness

It's bad enough to repeatedly shame someone in public, but to extend the viciousness to children and grandchildren is absolutely inexcusable. It's the workings of two desperate women. I think their actions may end up backfiring on both of them.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
I have felt for a long time that people completely misunderstand AND underestimate Philippe. He is called dull, lacking charisma etc and his lack of flamboyance is seen as weakness....BIG MISTAKE imo.

I think his family are his Achilles heel. I agree with you that he would fight like a mountain lion to protect them.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I have felt for a long time that people completely misunderstand AND underestimate Philippe. He is called dull, lacking charisma etc and his lack of flamboyance is seen as weakness....BIG MISTAKE imo.

I think his family are his Achilles heel. I agree with you that he would fight like a mountain lion to protect them.
Agree 100% with you, people seeing him as weak are up for a rude awakening, he would definitely go the distance to protect his wife and children.

Not that Mathilde needs much protection, I think she will also get into full bad mode if either of these women breathe as much as a bad word about her kids.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:31 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
This isn't about recognition, but about something seriously sick, like some demented vendetta. Going after Philippe and his kids?
AFAIK they never said anything about the children of Philippe.

-

It is easy to start about Delphine and Sybille. But Albert II is the one who is mostly responsible for this mess, he failed as a father and he failed as the head of his house. He had an affair with Sybille for 20 years, lived with her & Delphine as a family for 10 years. Under pressure (money?) he broke with them completely, also with the daughter that he had helped to raise (he was probably more involved in her upbringing than in that of his other children).

Not only did he become a lousy father to Delphine. He also had the worst tactic to solve the matter when Delphine became more vocal: look the other way and pretend it isnt there & waiting for it to go away. Only this 'problem' (his own flesh & blood!) did not go away, it became bigger and bigger and obviously Delphine built up an enormous amount of anger and resentment over the years, which is her good right IMO. I imagine that most people would be hurt if one of their parents would decide to break all contact form one day to the other. Over the years it seems that hurt turned into a wish for revenge of some kind. Not a good thing surely, but understandable.

So although some here seem to enjoy bashing Delphine and her mother (and some do have some good points), let's not forget that this issue was created and mismanaged by Albert II, if anybody needs to be blamed it is him. Sadly since he did not want to face his responsibilities he left this mess for his successor to solve. Let's hope that the new king will be able to solve this issue with his half sister soon, so it won't drag on for decades like so many other royal feuds.

-
Apparently the baroness will show the divorce papers (never signed) of Albert and Paola on tv. Sigh.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Marengo, you will get no argument from me regarding Albert's ultimate responsibility for this mess.

It was all quite avoidable, there was simply no need for it to get this ugly.

Tags
delphine boŽl, illegitimate children, king albert ii