The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-09-2004, 04:13 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
She has openly said she was close to her siblings and saw her father often as a child.

We are referring to two differen speeches!

Old 06-09-2004, 06:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wow! Drama!

Old 02-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Gentry

How do Albert's kids feel about their sister?
Old 02-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Royal Highness

I haven't read anything about how Albert and Paola's children feel about Delphine but, perhaps, some of our Belgian members have heard something??
Old 02-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Royal Highness

WAs she invited to any of her siblings weddings?
Old 02-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
I sincerely doubt it. You donít really hear much about her relationship with the other members of her family.

Old 02-10-2005, 08:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I don't think so. I don't think Delphine has been invited to any private or public familial gatherings. For the most part I get the impression that Delphine wants to stay out of the public eye and leads a generally private life with her husband (are they actually married?), their child and her art.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Royal Highness

Well than I guess she is not that close to her siblings. That is so sad. Doesn't dauphin mean bastard/illigetimate? She should not be labeled that.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Well than I guess she is not that close to her siblings. That is so sad. Doesn't dauphin mean bastard/illigetimate? She should not be labeled that.
I don't know that she's ever met Astrid, Phillippe or Laurent to be close to them.

I'm not really sure how much contact Albert has with her either.

After Prince Bernhard Sr.'s death and the news of his two illegimitate daughters was revealed, it was also noted that he saw them twice a year. I don't know that such information has ever been revealed about Albert and his relationship with Delphine.

(Wasn't Delphine's child also born around the same time Astrid had Laeticia Maria?)
Old 02-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Royal Highness

Based on public knowledge, I know that Prince Laurent has met with his sister on two occasions.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Doesn't dauphin mean bastard/illigetimate? She should not be labeled that.
"Dauphin", in that spelling actually is the title given to the eldest son of the King of France and the direct heir to the throne.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:49 AM
Commoner

Is it any wonder that Albert has a illegitimate cild!! He was very attractive with his dark
hairs.
He is only human!!
Old 02-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Nobility

hrm. she does actually resemble Astrid quite a bit.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

TOURNAI, BELGIUM : Delphine Boel takes part at the presentation of a creation of Serge Goldwitch , for the opening of Serge Goldwitch's exhibition at Tournai culture house, Saturday 12 March 2005 (Belga)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Delphine1.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	109367   Click image for larger version

Name:	Delphine2.jpg
Views:	3688
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	109368   Click image for larger version

Name:	Delphine3.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	109370   Click image for larger version

Name:	Delphine4.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	109371  

Name:	Delphine5.jpg
Views:	1862
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	109372   Click image for larger version

Name:	Delphine6.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	109373   Click image for larger version

Name:	Delphine7.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	109374   Click image for larger version

Name:	Delphine8.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	109375  

Name:	Delphine9.jpg
Views:	2714
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	109376  

Old 03-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Courtier

I never know about this,what was wrong with their mariage?(I mean Albert and Paola)when young,she was quite pretty and cute
Old 06-24-2005, 02:56 PM
Serene Highness

Delphine

A month or so after the interview Delphine gave to a french tv-station: Sybille de Selys-Longchamps speaks out.

http://www.vrtnieuws.net/nieuwsnet_m...ert/index.html

for those who don't speak dutch, Delphine was not allowed at a gala dinner cause Philipe & Mathilde would be there too, and it would be embarassing for philipe to be seen with his half-sister or so. Noone knows who decided that Delphine couldn't come. but her mother is really angry now and she wants her daughter to be threated with respect.

What do you guys think of the all situation?

My personal opinion is that i wished that writer who wrote Paola's biographie hadn't made all this public. Everything was fine until then.
Now everything is a mess.
I do agry with Sybille that Delphine deserves respect and hope someday that she can be a member of the royal family, without title, but still there when there are christenings, weddings, family pics...
I think it's very hard for Delphine. It must not be nice for the whole world to know that you are King Albert's illegitimate child. She didn't chose that.
But it's hard for other people too, like for paola...but I think Delphine is the biggest victim in all of this, she's clearly hurting and I hope Albert tries to get in contact again...
Old 06-24-2005, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine

My personal opinion is that i wished that writer who wrote Paola's biographie hadn't made all this public. Everything was fine until then.
Now everything is a mess.
I do agry with Sybille that Delphine deserves respect and hope someday that she can be a member of the royal family, without title, but still there when there are christenings, weddings, family pics...
I think it's very hard for Delphine. It must not be nice for the whole world to know that you are King Albert's illegitimate child. She didn't chose that.
But it's hard for other people too, like for paola...but I think Delphine is the biggest victim in all of this, she's clearly hurting and I hope Albert tries to get in contact again...
How much contact or communication does Albert maintain with Delphine? (She has a child now, too, doesn't she? I remember her being pregnant around the time Astrid was pregnant with Laeticia-Maria and Mathilde with Gabriel.) After Prince Bernhard Sr.'s death, it was revealed that he saw his two illegitimate daughters twice a year and spoke to them regularly. Would Albert's communication with Delphine be equivalent to this?)

Personally, I agree with you Martine that being known as Albert's illegitimate daughter is not a very nice way to be known, and it was certainly not how one would want to be identified as or referred to.

As for a relationship between Delphine and her half-siblings and the choice to attend family gatherings, christenings, birthdays, weddings, etc., I think that that is a choice that should be left up to Phillippe and Mathilde, Astrid and Lorenz, Laurent and Claire. If they want to invite Delphine to the baptisms and birthday celebrations of their children or themselves, it should be a choice that they make, not something that is "forced" upon them because she is their half sibling and she wishes to be included. It should be as much about the comfort and the desire of Phillippe, Laurent and Astrid to have Delphine there as Delphine's desire and comfort level. I would say the same for family gatherings that Albert and Paola host.

A difficult family situation for everyone involved though.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Serene Highness

Albert has no contact with her since 1999 (when the news came out). Delphine said she called him short after the news came out, because she was worried about her mother who was depressed...He said that she wasn't his daughter and that he didn't want anything to do with her :s

Delphine is in my opinion really crying out to be recognized; It's really not the first time. First between the lines and now more and more openly, especially after her daughter Josephine was born (Josephine looks so much like Delphine, she looks a blonde version of Laetitia Maria:-) )

I really feel sorry for her, they didn't even wanna show her art at first, without even seeing it, just because it was hers, that must hurt a lot I'm sure...I think it's time they all put away their past now and help her a bit before things go really out of hand (they are not going to stop here i think)

It's all very private of course and of course Albert can't be made to like Delphine...but i think if maybe he would like phone her or like Bernard visit her a few times she would be happy

It's just sad i think for her, imo she's really crying out for help/respect/something...in the end it's not her fault and like her mother said 'she didn't commit a crime, she never did something wrong'

i agree: it's an extremely hard situation
Old 05-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Majesty

Dephine Boel (illegitimate daughter of King Albert II of Belgium) posed for photographer during the opening of "concept" exhibition, Wednesday 02 May 2007 in Brussels. Delphine Boel shows no longer work of "papier-mache" but makes know 3D-videoart using new technologies.

Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4 Pic 5
Old 05-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Commoner

Interesting art...

Tags
delphine boŽl, illegitimate children, king albert ii