Delphine Boël, daughter of King Albert II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reina said:
Doesn't dauphin mean bastard/illigetimate? She should not be labeled that.

"Dauphin", in that spelling actually is the title given to the eldest son of the King of France and the direct heir to the throne.

Is it any wonder that Albert has a illegitimate cild!! He was very attractive with his dark
hairs.
He is only human!!

hrm. she does actually resemble Astrid quite a bit.

TOURNAI, BELGIUM : Delphine Boel takes part at the presentation of a creation of Serge Goldwitch , for the opening of Serge Goldwitch's exhibition at Tournai culture house, Saturday 12 March 2005 (Belga)

Attachments

• Delphine1.jpg
    Delphine1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 628
  • Delphine2.jpg
    Delphine2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 4,335
  • Delphine3.jpg
    Delphine3.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 309
  • Delphine4.jpg
    Delphine4.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 308
  • Delphine5.jpg
    Delphine5.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 2,102
  • Delphine6.jpg
    Delphine6.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 313
  • Delphine7.jpg
    Delphine7.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 385
  • Delphine8.jpg
    Delphine8.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 280
  • Delphine9.jpg
    Delphine9.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 3,120
I never know about this,what was wrong with their mariage?(I mean Albert and Paola)when young,she was quite pretty and cute

Delphine

A month or so after the interview Delphine gave to a french tv-station: Sybille de Selys-Longchamps speaks out.

http://www.vrtnieuws.net/nieuwsnet_master/default/magazine/overzicht/050623Albert/index.html

for those who don't speak dutch, Delphine was not allowed at a gala dinner cause Philipe & Mathilde would be there too, and it would be embarassing for philipe to be seen with his half-sister or so. Noone knows who decided that Delphine couldn't come. but her mother is really angry now and she wants her daughter to be threated with respect.

What do you guys think of the all situation?

My personal opinion is that i wished that writer who wrote Paola's biographie hadn't made all this public. Everything was fine until then.
Now everything is a mess.
I do agry with Sybille that Delphine deserves respect and hope someday that she can be a member of the royal family, without title, but still there when there are christenings, weddings, family pics...
I think it's very hard for Delphine. It must not be nice for the whole world to know that you are King Albert's illegitimate child. She didn't chose that.
But it's hard for other people too, like for paola...but I think Delphine is the biggest victim in all of this, she's clearly hurting and I hope Albert tries to get in contact again...

Martine said:
My personal opinion is that i wished that writer who wrote Paola's biographie hadn't made all this public. Everything was fine until then.
Now everything is a mess.
I do agry with Sybille that Delphine deserves respect and hope someday that she can be a member of the royal family, without title, but still there when there are christenings, weddings, family pics...
I think it's very hard for Delphine. It must not be nice for the whole world to know that you are King Albert's illegitimate child. She didn't chose that.
But it's hard for other people too, like for paola...but I think Delphine is the biggest victim in all of this, she's clearly hurting and I hope Albert tries to get in contact again...

How much contact or communication does Albert maintain with Delphine? (She has a child now, too, doesn't she? I remember her being pregnant around the time Astrid was pregnant with Laeticia-Maria and Mathilde with Gabriel.) After Prince Bernhard Sr.'s death, it was revealed that he saw his two illegitimate daughters twice a year and spoke to them regularly. Would Albert's communication with Delphine be equivalent to this?)

Personally, I agree with you Martine that being known as Albert's illegitimate daughter is not a very nice way to be known, and it was certainly not how one would want to be identified as or referred to.

As for a relationship between Delphine and her half-siblings and the choice to attend family gatherings, christenings, birthdays, weddings, etc., I think that that is a choice that should be left up to Phillippe and Mathilde, Astrid and Lorenz, Laurent and Claire. If they want to invite Delphine to the baptisms and birthday celebrations of their children or themselves, it should be a choice that they make, not something that is "forced" upon them because she is their half sibling and she wishes to be included. It should be as much about the comfort and the desire of Phillippe, Laurent and Astrid to have Delphine there as Delphine's desire and comfort level. I would say the same for family gatherings that Albert and Paola host.

A difficult family situation for everyone involved though.

Albert has no contact with her since 1999 (when the news came out). Delphine said she called him short after the news came out, because she was worried about her mother who was depressed...He said that she wasn't his daughter and that he didn't want anything to do with her :s

Delphine is in my opinion really crying out to be recognized; It's really not the first time. First between the lines and now more and more openly, especially after her daughter Josephine was born (Josephine looks so much like Delphine, she looks a blonde version of Laetitia Maria:) )

I really feel sorry for her, they didn't even wanna show her art at first, without even seeing it, just because it was hers, that must hurt a lot I'm sure...I think it's time they all put away their past now and help her a bit before things go really out of hand (they are not going to stop here i think)

It's all very private of course and of course Albert can't be made to like Delphine...but i think if maybe he would like phone her or like Bernard visit her a few times she would be happy

It's just sad i think for her, imo she's really crying out for help/respect/something...in the end it's not her fault and like her mother said 'she didn't commit a crime, she never did something wrong'

i agree: it's an extremely hard situation

Dephine Boel (illegitimate daughter of King Albert II of Belgium) posed for photographer during the opening of "concept" exhibition, Wednesday 02 May 2007 in Brussels. Delphine Boel shows no longer work of "papier-mache" but makes know 3D-videoart using new technologies.

Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4 Pic 5

She looks so old and tired. She is almost 40 (22 Feb 1968). She has a daughter name Josephine Boel (17 Oct 2003) with Jim O'Hare.
I don't know why but she reminds me somehow Paola.

she actually reminds me more of Queen Astrid, and I can even see the resemblance between her and a young Josephine-Charlotte, or even Princess Elisabeth.

that's exactly what i was thinkin- she looks like a blonde version of queen astrid

Guys, if you go to the BeNeLUX forums, there is a post with pictures of Delphine and her daughter, Josephine O'Hare. In one of the last pictures, Delphine is standing next to her exhibit that has the slogan, 10,000 Ear-plugs & I can STILL hear your LIE. Talk about being upset. Guess she still holds a grudge aginst the family.
The picture is thanks to Cathérine...[Not quite sure were allowed to post pictures from the following source, sorry if were not allowed].
IBL BILDBYDA
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1882/angrydaughtyy4.th.jpg

Her mother, Baroness Sybille Seyls de Longchamps made some comments to a newspaper or televisionprogramme last week. She thought it was time that King Albert II would publically recognise his daughter Delphine.

I agree the best way to deal with this situation is to acknowledge it publicly and move on. For sure it may result in an embarassing moment, but then it will be over and all parties will be able to move on and not have to constantly watch out where they are, what they say, who is invited where etc. Precedents are Mitterand, Albert of Monaco etc. Once the "issue" is out its hard for a few days, then it boils over and no one talks about it anymore. IMO best way to "move on".

Maybe there are some personal and private reasons for the king to wait with a recognition of Delphine. Maybe there were some fights in the past that the king made make this decission. I think the whole thing is far more complex than most people know/think. And of course it is a very emotional thing. And what after he will have recognised her? Must she be invited to the photosessions, to the defilé of 21 july? And what about queen Paola, she has her sentiments too, she must feel humiliated. There are obvious serious things happened in the seventies, from which we only know the top of the iceberg.

But of course, after all, everybody knows he has a daughter, that a recognition with good agreements, everybody may be happy

martha-louise said:
Maybe there are some personal and private reasons for the king to wait with a recognition of Delphine. Maybe there were some fights in the past that the king made make this decission. I think the whole thing is far more complex than most people know/think. And of course it is a very emotional thing. And what after he will have recognised her? Must she be invited to the photosessions, to the defilé of 21 july? And what about queen Paola, she has her sentiments too, she must feel humiliated. There are obvious serious things happened in the seventies, from which we only know the top of the iceberg.

But of course, after all, everybody knows he has a daughter, that a recognition with good agreements, everybody may be happy
IMO Albert does not “wait” with his recognition of Delphine, I guess there will be no recognition at all. He admitted the marriage crisis in his Christmas speech 1999 and added he does not want to go into this as it is his private life. One can discuss if this is a clever or responsible decision, but I don´t think he will change his attitude. The more Delphine and her mother move into the spotlights, the less they will get recognition by the stubborn Albert.

And to think Delphine would be invited to photoshots or to the National Day festivities is naïve IMHO. She is the illegitimate daughter of the king, no more and no less. So why put her beneath Paola and “create” a happy family image? This would be utterly absurd and I don´t think this is Delphine´s intention. You also don´t expect Alexandre Coste waving from Monaco’s balcony during National Day, do you?

I think she just wants contact with her father, which is understandable. Sadly she and her mother aren't exactly discrete, which probably makes the situation even more complex then it already is.
I believe the king had contact with his illeg. daughter in the past, I wonder why he ended it. Pressure from his brother, wife, children, the court etc? (I am speculating here).

johann said:
You also don´t expect Alexandre Coste waving from Monaco’s balcony during National Day, do you?
Why not? Look at Mette Marit's son

Redferns said:

Good point Redferns. However maybe it has something to do with the fact Delphine was conceived through an affair while the King was married when she was born.

However I still think she has the right to public recognition, most people feel the need to be accepted by their fathers.

Redferns said:
IMO you can hardly compare this. Albert fathered Alexandre while being unmarried and Marius is the result of Mette-Marits´s previous relationship and Haakon is an important part of his daily life. Nobody has been unfaithful and no spouse was involved. Actually Marius and Alexandre (and I even forgot about Jazmin) never appeared on the balcony during national day and in Alexandre´s and Jazmin´s case I highly doubt they ever will. I am not implying it is impossible or even not desirable to integrate an illegitimate child into a royal family, but back to Belgium: I´m sure Delphine will play no role at the court. Nevertheless I dearly hope Albert will reconcile with Delphine and meet his granddaughter Josephine.

And as harsh as it may sound. I don´t think the appearance of Delphine and her mother on TV and in magazines is a sheer coincidence. Delphine is exhibiting her art in Brussels and this extra PR probably sells.

Last edited:
I am afraid I am sharing your sceptisism about the PR-moments, johann. Nevertheless there should be truth in what the two ladies are telling the press.
-
I don't think anybody would expect Delphine to be part of the family or to play an active role in the 'royal business', but it would be nice if she and her father could have regular contact, in private.

Indeed, it is quite obvious that Delphine won't be part of the 'royal' family on the terms of public occasions.

The point is that the king should open the conversation with her, so that she musn't be angry anymore. So that she doesn't have to shoud it out to the press. Delphine asks for contact, not in the first place for a recognition. My opion is that should be possible.

If he recognizes her, that'll have an impact inheritance maybe...

It hurts not to have your father aknowledge you. I'm guessing it's a cry for attention from him.

Humo Interview?

Hey, can anyone within the BeNeLux region post/report on the recent interview given by Delphine's mum, Sybille, in Humo. :flowers:

Hey, can anyone within the BeNeLux region post/report on the recent interview given by Delphine's mum, Sybille, in Humo. :flowers:
We have a subscription to Humo at home and I've searched for that particular issue but I'm afraid my dad has already thrown it away.
I've read the interview. This is what I remember : Sybille doesn't say anything really new. She says she's working on a biography, which is to be published after her and Albert's death, because she wants her family to finally know the truth. She also tells about her family. Apparently, her mother died when she was still very young but her father always gave priority to his family. So she grew up in a warm family. She met Albert in Greece, where her father was ambassador at the time. She and Albert had to be very sneaky because she didn’t want to embarrass her father. When she and Delphine moved to London (apparently the move to London was her own choice and not forced by the palace), her father was very sad. Furthermore, she says she never wanted to be a princess, all she wanted, was Albert. The divorce was cancelled because in the end Albert chose for the crown and his country. She says, after all, she’s happy she doesn’t belong to the royal family because they ‘live in a golden cage’. She seems to still care very much about Albert. She also says that literally in the interview, something along the lines of ‘Albert is the father of my only child, I could never forget him’. All in all, she comes across as quite a rebellious woman. She seems to do what she pleases and she comes across as someone who sticks to what she believes is right. But then again, this is my personal opinion. I wish I could post the article so people could see for themselves.

Delphine Boel is 4 months pregnant with her second child, she already has a 4 y/o daughter called Josephine. The father of both children is the Irish American Jim O´Hare.

Apparently 4/5th of the Belgians think the King should recognise his daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom